Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back on blogging & rearranging & a winner!



Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear blogging friends and readers! I really didn't intend to stay away from my blog for over 2 months, but sometimes life just got it'sway, doesn't it? 
Well to explain my long absence, there was a beautiful family vacation to Sweden for example with my mum, sister and daughter, some big birthdays to prepare for, voyage to and celebrate (not my own though), a sad funeral of a dear aunt with a family gathering, a big move over several weeks with lot's of work - the company I work for moved in a new building which had to be furnished and set up - which was also fun btw and I got a brand new shiny office which I just about finished, then there were some sunny day's to spend in the garden, rather then sitting in front of the pc too and I started to going to the gym with my daughter 2 -3 times a week and we also changend our nutrition from vegetarian to vegan, which involves more grocery shopping and fresh cooking only every day etc.pp..
It's quite overwhelming to start blogging again after such a long absence and I don't really now where to start. I have lots of Sweden pictures to share, especially from my visit at sweet Gua's Mor Agusta's garage of the beautiful blog Hvítur Lakkrís, Garden pictures of course and Autumnal decorations, but I think today I start with some rearrangements I did in my living room after I came home from the inspiring Sweden vacation at the beginning of September. 

See the beautiful black botanical chart in the first picture, it's one of the gorgeous things I brought home from Sweden and it was the first thing I had to find a place for in my living room when we came back.


 It fitted quite well in the corner beside of my antique transome door and I think it also matches well with the black and white accents of the silhouettes and the old rusty military metal box below.


I also moved the white plant stand from under the window over here:


Below is a picture of all my lovely Sweden finds, we went to 2 crazy Sweden flea markets over there which was quite an experience and so different from ours and of course we visited some great shops too.


The first Sunday after our return from Sweden there was already the last good outdoor fleamarket of the season in front of our city hall, so of course we had to go and just look at all the treasures that I brought home :)

Double click on the pictures to enlarge in full size for more details. (Update: Looks as if I was gone for too long, the double click brings me too a site with all my pics from this post. Is that a new blogger feature?)


The vintage travel typewriter was one of my finds from that day and I decorated it for the Fall & Halloween season with a pumpkin that I painted black and a black crow of course!
If you should be in need of some more inspiration for Fall & Halloween crafts and decorations, then visit my Pinterest board over here: http://pinterest.com/boxwoodcottage/fall-halloween/ You are sure to find inspiration overload!!!


Another fab find a family friend who cale along to the flea market with us got me was this sweet vintage box camera:


I also moved my old french iron children bed from under the 3 parts shelf to under the window:


 I put my white foldable table under the shelf instead.


 And did you notice the glass box on the table under the shelf? I found it in a gorgeous shop in the artist village of Fischerhude which is close to my home town this Summer and decorated it with lot's of vintage tresures and some of my soldered jewelry inside and on top I put my three favorite vintage alarm clocks.


What do you think, like it? 
Well some of you may probably think "Her home looks more like a shop to me" 
Oh well I hear that a lot and think I will just have to live with it ;-) 



I like the day bed much better now, standing in front of the garden window.


 Oh and I don't want to forget to thank all of you kind souls and friends who have commented on my last post and shared the joy over my publication in the Italian and French Brocancte magazine with me, it was so much pleasure to read you all! *smiles* I'm a bit sad, that I never got a copy of the french issue though, so I only have the italian issue to give away but I'll add a copy of the beautiful Scandinavian magazine Vackre Hjem to the give away. And lastly I finally have to announce the winner of my magazine give away:

tadaaaaaa ~ and without further ado the lucky winner is:

~June~ of the blogs Laughing with Angels and Grace gardens.

Thank you for your lovely comments dear June and please e-mail me your home addy!

See you again soon dear readers until then I hope you can enjoy the beauty of fall!

xoxo~ Carola

26 comments:

BECKY said...

Welcome back Carola! You did have a busy summer! love your finds from Sweden especially that fabulous botanical! Just awesome! Love where you put it, too.

Have a lovely day!
Becky

woodland wanderer said...

Carola your home is so beautiful and inviting!! you have such a eye for beautiful pieces.

Reyes "El telar de mi abuela". said...

Fantástico!!!
Saludos desde Tenerife.

Candylei said...

Glad you are taking care of yourself! Even happier that you are back gracing us with amazing photographs of treasures that we love.
Congratulations to June! So happy for her!

Lululiz said...

So glad to see you back again! Your home is jaw droppingly gorgeous, I adore it. Lovely finds from your holiday Sweden as well.

Dorthe said...

Hi Carola, I love your home, and had to laugh- reading that you have guests thinking it looks like a shop.
I had someone living not far from us, visiting last year- and coming into my kitchen-he also asked, seriously :do you also sell from here? LOL
Well I love my home too-:)
Hugs,Dorthe

Kristen said...

Beautiful ! I love every bit of it.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Carola, I'm so glad to see you posting. I had thought a lot of you lately and was wondering how you and your Mom are doing. I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt.
You have found great treasures at the flea markets in Sweden and over here, just so perfect for your gorgeous home. I just love homes where there is a lot to see and discover and never feel comfortable in minimalist designed spaces.
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your vacation in Sweden.
Have a great week :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

Ellie said...

Your new botanical chart is stunning. I love your decorating style. Am sooooooooooo glad you are back to posting. I have missed you. Thanks for sharing.

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Welcome back sweet friend - so good to see you post again. Missed you.
Your living room looks amazing dear Carola - I love every inch of it.
Sounds like you have had a wonderful vacation in Sweden and got some great finds too. I haven´t managed to visit a flea over there yet.
Have a wonderful evening.
xo Tina

Susy said...

That's where I saw your house!
The magazine is wonderful ...... beautiful.
I was enchanted to look at the pages,
how many beautiful things, very good!
Ah yes, I'm Italian!
a hug
Susy x

Kelly_Deal said...

Carola, your house is beautiful, it's a feast for the eyes!
Hugs,
Kelly

Sandie said...

Welcome back!
Love the wall hanging!

Sandie xx

rachel@Acts of Life said...

So nice to see you back Carola...I had wondered where you'd gone! I love all your finds...the black botanical print is my favorite. Look forward to seeing some more of your Autumn decorating. I always enjoy your blog, one of my favorite!

Have a lovely week,

Rachel~

Ivy and Elephants said...

Carola, I am so glad to see you back to blogging. Yours is one of my favorite blogs and I have truly missed your posts. I think your home is absolutely divine, and love your eye for design.
The new additions are fabulous, especially that glass box! Love it!
Hugs,
Patti

blondieblu said...

Oh, I think your home is so very, very lovely! My home is starting to look a bit like a shop, but I think it is so important to surround ourselves with the things (and people) we love. It is good for the soul! XO Helena

marie said...

This room is so beautiful! The black botanical is stunning...I saw that you pinned it and had to pop over to get a better look! You found some wonderful new treasures in Sweden.

Elizabeth Maxson - Creative Entrepreneur said...

Hi Carola!

Thank you for sharing your tour. I am sorry to hear about your aunt and hope that your happy memories of her will help the pain of the loss.

I always wanted to go to Sweden. My mother's ancestors are from there and I never go to visit. I hope to some day. You said that their markets are different than the ones in Germany...how so? What was so different?

Your house is adorable - looks like it is lived in by someone who has a love for things and with great taste...not a shop!

Have fun and enjoy the weather when you can.

Big hug
Elizabeth

June said...

OMG!!! Carola , I am beyond excited about the win!!! I am sitting here looking at your amazing home and thinking...'what I would give to be sitting in your living room right now chatting away with Carola'. The way you decorate is just so beautiful! I can only imagine the smile you must have on your face constantly as you go around your home and look at the beauty you have created here! I love every vignette and had to look at them over and over to see every detail. I love it when I spy a lovely charm that I know you have made to add to the vignettes. The vignette with the box and the clocks is one of my very favorites. However, if I could see your home in person, I am sure I would have a difficult time deciding which I love best. I know this comment is getting wordy, but I also love what you have done with the door in the corner and how you have the pretty things hanging in the panes. Oh I could go on forever, but I must look at all the photos once again and then e-mail you with my address. Thank you so much Carola!!!
hugs from here...

M.Kate said...

wow! I am new to your blog, but the posts are amazingly beatiful...very different from where I live way back here. I enjoy many posts, especially love that flower garden because mine cant bloom as well due to our heat here. tks for sharing :)

Susan said...

Welcome back! Love all your pictures.

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow....I found myself drawn into your photos and swooning over all of your sweet treasures in your home, Carola! You have certainly created a quaint and cozy place to soak up the sunshine! Luv it all! :)

xoxo laurie

Petite Michelle Louise said...

oh my...how stunning! so many gorgeous vignettes! would take a day just to "take it all in." this is ever so lovely carola!

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

What an Incredible Room ~ I Love all the Beautiful Details & Treasures.... I think I could sit for hours & EnJoy Everything ~ Welcome back, can't wait to hear more...

Unknown said...

dear carola
welcome back. I love the room, such inspiration thanks. You are awesome
pat waldorf

Marcie TheRusticVictorian said...

I am glad you are happy and well and getting back to normal, creating in so many ways. You are so very talented, and deserve to be published. I am sorry for the loss of your aunt.
Enjoy the day!
Love
Marcie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails