Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, February 13, 2012

❤ Will you be my Valentine? ❤


Sharing some Valentine's day Love with you today dear blogging friends and readers!


 These photos are from a friendship swap I recently did with my friend Anja of Matilda's Design in Munich Germany. Anja sent me her friendship swap parcel already last year, you can see a picture of it on my flickr photostream here. She made me a fabulous white plaster bunny which I will share with you as soon as I'll start my Spring/Easter decorations. She was so nice to leave me all the time I needed to finish her swap so I decided to make a Valentine swap parcel for her. Firstly I created her a trinket box which I filled with a tiny bouquet of pink vintage millinery bead flowers and some vintage German script from old sheet music paper. I soldered the box and gave it a coat of black patina for an antique /aged look.


 I love making pretty packages and wrapped all of her goodies in some of my favorite pink gift wrapping papers from Tilda and a waxed paper bag and embellished it with a sweet toile de jouy tag and a pair of tiny scissors since Anja is a talented seamstress. I also used a paper heart doily and a hand I made from vintage sheet music and the paper I once marbelized. You may remember from my last post that the tutorial for the woven heart Valentine came from dear Ulla over at her Ullabenulla blog.


I further sent her a vintage honeycomb paper bell in the colors of the Italian flag, which I forgot to photograph, since Anja has italian family and also a vintage velvet sewing box which I found on our local fleamarket and thought it should be for a seamstress. It's filled with old sewing supplies and I embellished it with a soldered charm:


 I had great fun painting one of my German paper maché heart boxes and embellishing it with old lace, a silver German Dresden border, vintage tinsel which I put into a heartshape and filled with a silver bird charm to hold the trinket box pendant I made her:


So what do you think, would you like to be my next Valentine? 
Today I'd like to wish all of you my dear readers a very
~ Happy Valentine's day 2012 ~

19 comments:

Jenniffer said...

What a lucky girl your swap partner is! Such fantastic treasures you made! You certainly have a gift for gifts!
Happy Valentine's Day to you, Carola~ :)

☼Carolina Artesanías☼ said...

♥:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*
♥/'´'´'\♥
.//^ ^\\ Feliz Dia del Amor y Amistad ♥♥
(/(_♥_)\) ::::::::::::::::::::::♥♥
._/''*''\_ ............♥♥❁◕‿◕❁ ♥ ♥
(/_)^(_\).
************************************

oldgreymare said...

so very special and as wonderful as you are dear Carola
xx
z

MONICA said...

Maravilloso como siempre.
¡Feliz San Valentin, Carola!

Zuzu said...

Oh, Carola, this is all so very beautiful!!!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Theresa said...

Happy Valentines Day Carola! I love your trinket pendant, I made one last year with little spring flowers in it and just loved making it. It now hangs on my inspiration board. Putting in into that beautiful heart box is such a special gift! t.xoxooxox

Sherri said...

Donna, Happy Valentine's Day to you!!! I love that box with the swallow on it in silver-just gorgeous!!

Jeanne said...

Happy Valentine's Day Carola!
xo
jeanne

June said...

Anja will be over the moon when she gets this package Carola dear! I am sure she will love every beautiful treasure!!!!
hugs...

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Everythin g is soooo beautiful to look at! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Tammie Moore said...

What an awesome swap gift, your partner is certainly blessed. Love your creativity and you truly inspire me with your blog. Keep it up...
Creatively
Tammie Moore

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Carola! Very beautiful treasures you have posted! Your creativity is boundless!

Chris said...

Hi Carola, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Evi said...

these gifts are so very special.
It is "eye candy" for the eyes and for the soul!
Have a wonderful, creative week.
Many hugs,
Evi

{oc cottage} said...

oh my goodness! what treasures!!!

m ^..^

very merry vintage style said...

Beautiful--love the hand cut from sheet music. Thanks for linking up to the Share the Love Wednesday link party at Very Merry Vintage Style!
Mary

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Thank you for your lovely blog! :)
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla (from Finland)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

These are all so sweet Carola! I sooo enjoy your pins/boards on Pinterest too!

Nancy Maxwell James

sweetpea said...

carola, thank you so much for your sweet comment! you are a bright spot in my day whenever you stop by.

hugs,

shelley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails