Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Officially foofed up!

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping at Boxwood Cottage today! Before I can do a new post about my garden I have to share with you all the lovely parcels arriving at my doorstep during the last week and some of my latest soldered pendants.



I'm now officially foofed up by the sweet and more than generous Jessi Nagy! We did a one on one magazine and craft supplies swap and she has sent me a huge parcel full of the loveliest things! Just the packaging alone is worth two pictures. I hope the click on pic to enlarge thingy will work so that you can click on the next picture to see all the beautiful parcels close up. I love the papers she chose as well as the lace bows around the parcels and her self made tags are just
divine!


I also love this gorgeous card in a rose pocket she has included with a kind message:



On top of the big mail parcel she had glued the letters saying "hi foofy girl" :)



Oh just look at all the foofy treasures which where in the beautiful wrapped parcels.




You american guys just have the cutest stuff! I'm especially chuffed by all the pretty borders and of course I absolutely love the Foof-a-life book!



And to top it all of Jessi has given the book to Teresa McFayden (the main artist of all the beautiful crafts in the book) and Becky Novacek to sign it for me! Now isn't that fabulous?
Jessi you really rock girl! Thanks a million! I hope your swap parcel will arrive at your home soon! xox



I have also got the price I won from my gorgeous friend Nature Girl's drawing:




Little worry dolls to lay under my cushion at night so that they'll take away all my worries isn't that a good thought, beautiful museum quality butterflies to decorate my studio lamp and a very sweet card filled with dried leaves of roses and a mini lavender bouquet as well as a little golden charm which is an acorn of friendship, so sweet! NG you are a true friend! Thanks a lot! xox





Another magazine swap has arrived here from the lovely Natalea again. Well last time it was her fab give away I won and this time it was a little one on one swap we did. I'm so so glad and thankful that she has sent me the Artful blogger magazine, which is all about artful blogs, featuring a lot of my blogging friends like Sandy from Art tea life and Corey from Tongue in cheek and so many more, just great! Natalea has also added some very pretty art supplies. Click on picture to enlarge and see more details:




Lastly I like to show you my latest soldered pendants in the Marie-Antoinette series, which is still one of m favorite themes :





I'm planning on putting these in my Etsy shop as soon as I get around to do it!




I was so happy when I found the big oval glass in our local craft shop!
This one is quite smaller, they always have two different sides in this case a red and a blue one:





Well I think that's it for today I'm now off to a 3 days finance workshop in Hamburg (work related), coming back home to Bremen on Saturday and look forward to hopefully read you kind comments.
Hugs to all of you dear blogging friends and readers!
Carol(a) xox

23 comments:

Donna O'Brien said...

The jewelry, foofs, etc. so much to take in. Wonderful, of course, but I'm looking forward to more of your garden!!
D.

*heidi* said...

Jessi is one of the sweetest around! She sure knows how to spoil a gal! Love your new pendants, simply beautiful with so much charming details added! I sent off a couple magazines to you yesterday, I had a years worth but when I got to the Post Office I would have had to dip into my retirement fund or something, just to pay off the postal rates, so I just quickly mailed off 2...I wish I could have sent the whole year to you!

Naturegirl said...

Carol it is clear that you are LoVeD
by so many..your friendships grow within the blogging community!
Your gifts are wonderful..

The pink rose petals were ~freshly picked~ and placed into your card...I am surprised how fast they dried out!
I have that blogging magazine also..delicious photo would you not agree! It was exciting to see friends
featured in it!!hugs NG

Lis said...

Wahnsinn! Ich wüsste gar nicht was ich damit anfangen sollte, aber für dich dürfte die Verarbeitung all der schönen Dinge kein Problem sein. Ich freue mich jetzt schon auf die Ergenbisse.

EVA AGNES said...

Candy for my eyes.... Lovely and inspiring. I wish I could create such beautiful things.
But it's a good thing you can.
Love and hugs
Eva Agnes

MariaJ said...

Hello crafty lady!It's nice to hear of you again! I really admire the style of your Marie Antoinette pendals! Your parcels are amazing too. Hugs M

teresa mcfayden said...

Wow, so many pretties! Hope you enjoy the Foof a Life Book! :)

The Rose Room said...

Lovely packages,but oh, your pendants are simply beautiful. Happy Creating:)

Mrs. Staggs said...

Oh my Carol, I am so impressed with how well you've learned to solder and all! You've certainly taken to this medium in a wonderful way.
I hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy the workshop!

The Fairy Godmother said...

I've been lurking around for a while now but have finally "come out" today with my own blog, I love your art and your garden, your blog is always full of "eye candy" for us grateful readers to peruse.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

The Blessings Fairy has sprinkled lots of Love Dust over your cottage!!!!! I saw the package Jessi had posted and voila! it was for YOU! Jessi is such a sweetheart and her recent trip sounded like a bunch of fun. How nice for her to have the book signed. Too cool!

All of the things that you were sent are just wonderful. Love the pendants, too. This next year I am saving my money up to buy things from all of my blogging friends!!!!!

xo,
Becky

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

I love the pendants!!! sooo beautiful!! what great stuff Jessi sent you! how sweet!!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Such wonderful foofy treasures! And your Marie Antoinette pendants are just gorgeous, Carol! hugs to you!

Jen said...

Wow- What a very lucky woman you are! Such beautiful treasures.

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Wonderful gifts! And your pendants are beautiful Carol!

tea
xo

Janette said...

WOW you´re really lucky girl :) Gifts are so beautiful!

Janette said...

You got tagged!

The rules:
1. post these rules
2. each person tagged must post 8 random (hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3. tags should write a blogpost (journal) of these facts
4. at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5. go to their page and leave a comment telling them they're tagged

^o^
Janette

stadtgarten said...

Wunderschöne Dinge hast Du wieder geschickt bekommen und sicherlich wirst Du das eine oder andere Teil zu etwas Neuem Schönen verarbeiten.
Irgendwie ist Internet schon klasse, eigentlich gar nicht anonym und kontaktfeindlich wie von vielen behauptet, sondern eher das Gegenteil. Man trifft so viele nette und interessante Leute mit ähnlichen Interessen und lernt auch viele persönlich kennen. Toll!
LG, Monika

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Carol, you foofy girl! Having lived in Europe, I KNOW you are the envy of all your German friends!!

I can picture you having SO MUCH FUN with all this girlie stuff in your workroom. :) Thinking of you,
Lidy

Merci-Notes said...

Hello Carol!!!!
I am so glad you stopped by!!!! I have missed not visiting you for a time! I am so sorry. I have been busy catching up and am almost there , in time to start Christmas.
WELL! I *L*OV*E* your new charms/ornaments! They are wonderful. What TALENT YOu have! I still love the Marie theme also. They will make a BEAUTIFUL Marie themed Christmas tree! : )
Hugs,
Mary

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

When I saw what you sent to Jessi, I had to come by and see what she sent to you. Both of you did a wonderful job putting it all together!

JayJay said...

Hi Carol, was ist los?? keine Posts mehr hier?
Bist Du krank?

LG from Riensberg
JayJay

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas, Carol! So nice of you to post the picks of your parent's holiday home as well as yours. All of your crafty creations are beautiful. I love what you did with the box. I hope 2008 is full of time to spend in your garden and time to create!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails