Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

October recap and two winners!!!



October came and went so quickly, didn't it?
Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear readers and blogging friends and also it is already November I'd like to share with you in pictures what October was to me this year. If you can't wait to find out if you are one of the two lucky winners of my 5th bloggiversary give away, you have to scroll down all the way until the end of this post now!
Well so October started off quite fabulously with a big family reunion where we also squezzed in some time to a quick flea market excursion where I found a beautiful crystal chandelier:


I hope you won't hate me when I tell you that this beauty cost only 5 bucks! Lucky me! :)
I further went to 3 antique markets in October where I found all the beautiful treasures in the first picture and all the following pictures:


I especially love the old doll heads, as well as an old diary, beautiful vintage pictures and antique German silver glass Christmas ornaments and a fab tinsel garland.


The very old foldable Angel greeting card above is another treasure and I also love the two sisters on the cabinet cards, especially the grumpy one lol she so going to be altered into a witch!


And I found this very old and very used bible from 1853 which even has some gorgeous handwritten pages in it:


In my studio I started decorating with my antique finds. My old lady for example got an old lace table cloth to pimp up her parasol which protects her from the sun shining through my big roof top windows:


In another corner of my studio I created a Writer's vignette with a vintage travel type writer I found and some old envelopes, books, dib pen and ink holder:


Well then of course in October there was Halloween and I made cup cakes for the first time ever and had fun using the pretty black fence cupcake cuffs and the Halloween haunted house and moon picks I got sent from Heather of Speckeled Egg last year in Artsy Mama's Sweet & Sinister swap:


Aren't they're pretty?


I set the table and waited for my very own Vampires to arrive:


When it got darker I lit the candles


and everything looked much more inviting:


and it didn't take them long to arrive and eat up the cup cakes lol they must have had some blood before they came ;-)


Twilight - the next generation!


But October was also the last sunny & warm days in my garden and the last beautiful roses of the season:


Like the beautiful Tantau rose above called: Artemis!


Some more Fall garden impressions





The last of my self sowed cosmos blooms


The star on my patio this fall certainly is Verbena bonariensis:


Close up of my wonderful Verbena bonariensis:





Riley has gotten more homey than usual since the weather got cooler and it rained a lot more, he doesn't like rain at all, so when he's not outside strolling around he's sleeping in a cosy spot:


October was also another swap month. I soldered and created these altered game piece charms for the Altered Game Piece Swap 2010:


and each participant also got a Vintage paper Christmas bag filled with small doodats from my studio:


Well and lastly October is a month for winners! First of all I'd like to thank all participants of my 5th bloggiversary give away drawing for playing along and for all your very sweet and encouraging words about my blog! :)



I pulled two random numbers between 1 and 93 and taadaaaa the lucky winners are:


and


Heartfelt congratulations to both of you! Each of you won two beautiful European interior magazines and a big domed pendant of your choice. You gotta let me know if you'd prefer a Paris Theme or a Nature Theme (see picture above!). And also please send me your adresses to Carolinchen39(at)hotmail(dot)com

So I can truly say that October was a really fabulous month for me and of course I hope that is was wonderful for you too!

I'm linking up again with Kathleen's Faded Charm blog for White Wednesday - see my side bar button!
Sending very happy November wishes to all of you!

xoxo~ Carola

35 comments:

Rebecca White said...

Such beautiful pictures! Your Halloween Party looks like it was alot of fun!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Your garden look's so beautiful and all the vignettes look so nice also. Thanks for sharing your garden....Julian

Lululiz said...

I can't get over how beautiful your garden is, its Paradise.
Fabulous fleamarket finds again, the angel card is so beautiful.
And heartiest congratulations to your two winners. ( Hey Alexandra, you are a lucky girl! xx).

Theresa said...

WOOOOHOOOO! Thank you Carola! I am so excited, your paperweights are just gorgeous! I have tried soldering but my pieces don't even come close to looking as beautiful as yours. On Sunday I went to an estate sale and found another solderer... a weller for 5.00 and am hoping to have a little party where my sister and I can teach eachother!
I will send you my address and such, I am just so excited, and am doing my happy dance in the chair! I also wanted to say that your home looks beautiful as always and you numbers for the swap are fabulous! Theresa xoxo

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Wonderful finds Carola - those flea markets in Germany are just the best. You find the most fabolous stuff always :D
Love the photos of your home and your decoration for hallooween.
Congrats to the lucky winners too.
Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend
xoxo Tina

Rebecca said...

I just want to stay and look around your studio-the treasures there look amazing-my kind of place and stuff!

Thespa McLaughlin said...

What an amazing October you had, here's to an even better November and to 5 more wonderful blogging anniversaries. Also congrats to those really lucky ladies!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

congratulations to the winners. lucky..lucky..ladies! Everything is soo gorgeous!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Many congrats to your lucky winners!

Carola, your home looks so enchanting! I love your vignette (especially the one with the typewriter). And your latest antique finds are beautiful. Christmastime is when the most "German" family treasures make their way into our home, and I always love seeing how you decorate your own home at that time, too... looking forward to it! ;)

Paula said...

Hello sweet Carola,
It is wonderful to see a new post from you! You have shared the most gorgeous photos! I love all of your beautiful finds!!! The chandelier is gorgeous!!! What a wonderful price too! I am so happy for you sweetie!!! I also love the cupboard filled with the beautiful rosy dishes and the white ironstone, scale and floral boxes atop of it! The cabinet card of the little boy and doggie is so sweet! I love the beautiful old doll head too. The ornaments and garland are lovely! I can hardly wait to see your cottage decorated for Christmas! The angel fold out card is so pretty, and the old Bible is amazing!!!
You had a good October!!!

The lace on the parasol was such a good idea and it looks lovely too! Your studio is fabulous! As you know, I think it needs to be featured in Where Women Create!

I love the typewriter vignette and all of your Halloween decorations! Your cottage looks so warm and inviting! I can see your niece and nephews had fun!

Your garden never ceases to amaze me! It is gorgeous! I love the Artemis Rose, and all of the fall garden impressions! Your photography is beautiful too! I enjoyed seeing all of your flowers so much! Riley is so handsome and sweet! He looks quite content and cozy!

Congratulations to the winners of your giveaway! I know they will love and enjoy all you send them!

Have a beautiful day sweet friend!
Love to you, Paula

oldgreymare said...

Fabulous post and congrats to the winners!

BTW email to me the dates your darling daughter will be in my darling daughter's city. Don't forget to give her H's number : D

xxx

z

June said...

I don't think I've seen so many amazing things all in one post Carola. You had a wonderful October I'd say. Your amazing finds, your over-the-top cupcakes, and that beautiful garden made for a month to remember. Thanks girl, for sharing it with us!!!
hugs
Congratulations to those lucky girls too!!!!

Angela said...

Wow, could I just come live at your house?

Sherri said...

Congrats to the winners!!

Carola-I love that picture of the Artemis rose-just absolutely stunning! Thank for sharing all those wonderful photos with us!

NanaDiana said...

Carola- Well, I feel like I got my money's worth coming here ;>) What a lot of fun things to find all in one post. Loving those kids having fun...and the witch (gonna be) post card. She looks mean enough to be a witch! Hoping your November is just as full of life! Hugs- Diana

trash talk said...

You take the most beautiful photos of the prettiest things. Your garden is just amazing. The kids are a hoot!
Debbie

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Congratulations to the winners. Another divine post from you, Carola. There is always an entire week's worth of inspiration and beauty in your postings. The chandelier is beautiful. It has gone to a very, very good home. xx
ps the Halloween visitors are very cute!

Naturegirl said...

Carola! Gool-ish-ous post! How wonderful your garden still looks as we here in my world have already had a few nights of frost!
Most plants have suffered but here in my new "cottage home"...the woodlands continue to excite and inspire me!
Oh and you must come by and see my latest Purr-fect pair!!

Xela said...

Ich habe was gewonnen :O ich gewinne nie was das ist das erste mal, ich kann das gar nicht glauben JUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ist das geil!!!!! Das rettet meinen Abend :)

Tolle Bilder hast du gemacht Carola. Deine Rose würde ich am liebsten ausbuddeln.

liebe Grüße Alexandra

Biljana said...

Great post, so many beautiful photos:))
You have gorgeous treasures, lucky you:))
Hugs, Biljana

Blasé said...

So many pictures...so little time.

Mary - Vintage Cottage said...

Bravo Carola! A superb blog and so inspirational. Please keep them coming!

Mary xxx

time-worn interiors said...

I Love that old bible!

I wish you could have gone to Hortons with me! Your gonna love the pictures! I will try to post them in the morning before I go to work!

Happy Sunday

Theresa
aka:TOT

Evi said...

Carola, my goodness you have been a very busy beaver while I have been getting ready for the shows.
Halloween looked stylish in your home, despite the vampires.
Love all the gorgeous things you got at the fleamarket and what you did with them.
That chandelier was a steal!
Can' wait to see what you come up with next!!!
It was nice to see your garden pictures. It has been cold and windy here, so not much garden left,
just raking leaves.
Warm wishes,
Evi

Rebecca said...

Hi Carola
What a glorious post! Wow...
I think you hit all my favorites, and your pictures are beautifully done. I bet Christmas in Germany is beyond wonderful. If there was a Christmas country it would have to be Germany and then England, I think. I love that tinsel garland you found, it looks like there is little pieces of chennile on it. Love it...
Blessings to you
Rebecca

Mitzi Curi said...

October was certainly a wonderful month for you, Carola! All of your pictures, both inside and outside, are lovely. The pic of Riley looking so snuggly is so cute. I hope November is good to you as well!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello Carola, you are so right about Ann's generous spirit. She's is a one of a kind friend, so rare to find. Thanks so much for stopping by and check back later today when I post more pics of Ann's place. Have a great Friday, Theresa

Tarnished and Tattered said...

Carola,
What a great post. You always have loads of great pictures. I love the vampires! Now that's what Halloween is about! You had a very busy month, looking for a $5 chandelier & all. Hope your November brings even more treausres! Can't wait to see the cottage fixed up for Christmas. Lisa

The Tin Rabbit said...

Beautiful as usual Carola! I love that old bible! You have the greatest flea markets~ your garden is still just gorgeous! Wish I could visit and walk through it! Have a great week! Hugs, Ann

Luna and Luzie said...

Mmmmh, diese Cupcakes sehen lecker aus. Tolle Bilder hast du wieder gemacht, Carola.
Ein schöner Post, den man sich stundenlang anschauen möchte, um immer wieder neue Details zu entdecken :o)
Riley ist ja ein stattlicher Kater geworden. Süß sieht er aus auf dem schönen Quilt.
Ich freu mich schon auf einen neuen Post von dir und wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende!
Liebe Grüße
Stefanie

linnea-maria said...

This is awesome! A chandelier for only 5 bucks!!!! Lucky you!! wonderful pictures and fleamarket findings you shared to us. /Therese

Candylei said...

How do you find such amazing things at great prices? I am in awe of all of them. You are a great stylist.

Candylei

Ticking stripes said...

Just discovered your blog and have to comment on the lovely way you style your pictures - gorgeous - I'm off to check out your older posts!

Rosa Amalia said...

Hi Carola! You have a fantastic blog! I still love the same things, garden, decor and all kinds of handicrafts. Greetings from Finland Rosa Amalia

Siva Kumaran said...

I am mesmerized with your garden, your decoration and everything else. Seriously it looks like a page out of a fairy tale!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails