Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas update!

Long time no see dear readers and blogging friends, I know that and I feel very bad about it to my excuse I had a very busy season so far with lot's of office work, weekly back treatments and gymnastics, friends over to visit me, a fabulous private Christmas market which we had organised together with friends and my sisters, lot's of soldering Christmas pendants, making Christmas cones and collages etc. for our Winter magic market, lot's of swap parcel packing and so on and on. I always hoped to have some time to blog during the day or in the evening, but there rarely was any time left and when then there was my back which wasn't cooperating and asked me to go away from the pc and rest. I sure have missed you and I hope to make up for this long break by posting lot's of eye candy in this post.

I bought this gorgeous Merry Christmas glitter sign recently from Andrea Singarella over at the Velvet Strawberry blog and I absolutley love the way it sparkles in front of my golden mirror when the candles on my mantle are lit:


The oval golden frame in the next picture was a praliné box with an ugly company ad image in the oval, so I changed the image and pasted some of my Dresden borders on the box and voilà doesn't it look yummy now? I got this box from a supplier of the company I work for and I so have to ask him where he has got it from, so I can make more frames like this one:


Yummy Mercury glass ornaments on a vintage glass plate:



I also like to show you some pictures from my parents Christmassy home, well I would have liked to show you even more pictures that just this few, but Imageshack isn't working properly and wont show all the pictures today.

I'm looking forward to spend Christmas Eve at my parents home which is also the day we exchange our presents during the here so called "Bescherung". It's the first time my daughter will not be with us at Christmas because she is still in Australia but will come home in 5 weeks! :)







Now back to my home:


and studio:



Here are a few of the Christmas pendants I finished recently:






The beautiful sepia, cream and gold colored stocking in the next picture came from Jennifer die Giuseppe a flickr friend for the Vintage Christmas stocking swap:


I'm so happy that I have meanwhile send off all my swaps, it was kind of hard to get it all done during the busy season, so big sigh of relief!



The Christmas bird and Merry Christmas sign in the picture above came as a surprise parcel from my sweet blogging friend Anna aka Nature Girl and has really cheered me up big time! :)
Lastly here is some cranberry crafting I did lately and I think the red berries look very festive:


It is wonderful to know that you are out there patiently waiting for new posts and I look forward to catch up with you and visit all your blogs again during my vacation over the holidays.
Merry Christmas to all my dear readers and blogging friends in the world!
Peace and Hugs
Carol(a) xox

40 comments:

Deb said...

Absolutely gorgeous Carol. You have been busy ... your soldered charms are beautiful.
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas!

andrea singarella said...

oh, everything looks beautiful, Carol. Your home is so warm and inviting! I just love it!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
xo andrea

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

You always have such gorgeous and inspiring pictures! Lovely! And you've been very busy soldering, your pendants are beautiful!
Merry Christmas from Heidi in Oregon!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies

zUzU said...

::sigh:: =^..^=

I always want to climb right into your pictures ... Wishing I were there to touch and ah at the little details everywhere in your home, especially at Christmas time.

The Merry Christmas glitter is gorgeous!
I have silver glitter stars everywhere in the studio and they drop sparkly "stardust" at my feet. Your sign reminds me of them ... magical.

Wonderful. Everything.
=^..^= love, zU
(Chi Chi has a ::girlfriend:: ohmy!)

Lis said...

Endlich! Obwohl ich die meisten Fotos schon im Forum gesehen habe, war ich doch auf deinen Weihnachstpost gespannt! Ich schaue mir die Fotos halt immer wieder gerne an und das eine und andere bekommt man halt auch nur hier zu sehen.
I wish you a merry christmas and have a nice weekend.

another Carol said...

Hi Carol, You've been missed and I'm so sorry that your back continues to torment you!

How wonderful that your Daughter will soon be home.

Your pictures are gorgeous as usual and all of your latest craft projects are so very lovely.

Holiday greetings to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas and happy and healthy New Year!

Thanks so much for your blog!!!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol - I came over to wish you a Merry Christmas and was greeted by the most wondeful new post!! I love all of your photos and all the beautiful charms and decorations that you have been busy making.
I hope you have a fabulous Christmas Eve with your parents (Bet you can't wait to see your daughter again, early next year).
Hope your back improves very soon.

My best wishes to you and every happiness for 2008!
Love Niki x

Maria said...

Dear C! It's me Maria from Finland. It was worth to wait your Chismassy pics. It looks so festive and cozy, excactly the style I like. When you have time and you have relaxed and your back is better...remember my soldered jewelry order. I've adored these new ones too.
My PC is broken and I cant update my blog for Christmas. I'm very sad about that cause I had some lovely Christmas photos ready for you. Now I'm using my husbands laptop and wishing you a Merry Merry Christmas!! Hugs M

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello dear Carol! I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and was delighted to see that you had posted! Everything is sooo beautiful! It's everything I imagined a German Christmas would be! I think of you whenever I look at my German Christmas decorations from my Tante Vera. =) I'm glad your daughter will be coming home soon... in time for a lovely Valentine's Day perhaps?

Love and hugs! -Louise

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey miss carol!
your back!
sounds like you have a had a busy season!
everything you made is glorious!
bothe your home and you folks look marvelous!
have a very merry christmas!!!
jessi nagy

Naturegirl said...

My dearest Carola I thought you'd never get back to us! It is always so exciting to see image of your magical
Boxwood cottage and all the Christmas embellishments are divine!! Oh where do I look..snoop! Have yourself a Merry joyfull Christmas and your daughter is there with you in spirit as is my son who lives in Arizona!
love and hugs aNNa xo

weirdbunny said...

I love the cranberry crafting. I had trouble trying to thread rosehips on wire. They either split due to their hardness, or were incredibly squashy.
Have a wonderful Christmas ~ love Julia x

Andrea's Garden said...

Hallo Carol, ich musste doch mal wieder sehen, was du zu zeigen hast. Wie immer wurde ich nicht enttäuscht. Wirklich wunderschön, auch die Bilder vom Haus deiner Eltern. Wünsch dir ein gesegnetes Fest und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2008. Andrea

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Carol!! Hope the New Year will find you pain free. All the best, TWT

mendytexas said...

Everything looks so magical Carol! Merry Merry Christmas! :) mendy

tongue in cheek said...

Hello Carol

Merry Christmas to you and your family. As always your home looks inviting and fullof beautiful charm! Thank you for sahring it with us. I love the sign Andrea made, and to think it flew across the ocean and intact, how was it packaged?!! It looks so big?
Anna's card and little bird are darling! Isn't it wonderful to have friends all over the world.
Here is to a big group hug!
Merry Christmas Sweetie!

Dawn said...

It's always a pleasure to see your beautiful place!
Happy Christmas to you, Carol...
Dawn @ (4:53am)
xo

Frivolitea said...

Your Christmas photos are lovely. Thank you for sharing them. Merry Christmas!

One Crabapple said...

So much BEAUTIFUL Christmas here. Your mother's home is merry & bright too and now we see where you get this from !

Love the frames and love your pendants too.

Merry Christmas Old Friend.
Love, S.

Annie Rose said...

Viiiiel zu viel zum Abstauben ;-)) Carola, Deine Weinhachtsfotos sind wunderschön und zauberhaft, wie fängst Du nur das Licht immer so schön ein? Ich wünsche Dir in jedem Fall fröhliche Festtage mit Deiner Familie.
Liebe Grüße von Annie Rose

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Teresa

Ulla said...

Your home is so festive, but I expected no less from you! I haven't forgotten about Marie, only been too busy - Spring is the perfect time to trade!!! I wish you and yours a wonderful Holiday season and a very Happy New Yeas!!
Hugs from Ulla!

Cat said...

Merry Christmas dear Carol!
Your pictures look like they are straight out of a decorating magazine! Beautiful!!!!

Have a blessed holiday season!

Gypsy Purple said...

Wishing you a blessed and merry Christmas....may you have peace, love and joy....

Gypsy Purple

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

What a delight... worth waiting for. Happy Christmas and a great 2008. Hope your back soon improves. Marion

Vickie said...

Very beautiful! I hope your back eases up for you now that the holidays are past.

Britt-Arnhild said...

Merry Christmas Carol.

Your blog looks so festive for the season :-)

Kari & Kijsa said...

All sorts of yummies! We loved all the fabulous photos! Just a merry hello on the day after Christmas!

Blessings,
kari & kijsa

Stacy/Creativemuse said...

WOW You have been busy! Everything looks wonderful! So full of fun and Christmas!
great Pendants and frames! Way to keep up the Great work!
Happy Holidays
Warmly
Stacy~Creativemuse

Anonymous said...

it all looks soo darn pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry about that..Jennifer here thanks for visiting earlier...love your blog and all its glitter...so special...

Rosemary said...

So glad you are back. Your home looks amazing.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
Happy New Year!
Love the sign you bought from Andrea!
Enjoyed all of the pictures.
Rosemary

Mia said...

Dear Carol! How nice to see a a new posting here in your blog again! And a very merry Christmas to you too! Your home, and your parents home, looks so pretty and festive. And all the photos in your post are real eye candy.

Julie said...

I had just about given up on you! Your Christmas pictures are beautiful!

Jenn and Jacqui said...

Hi Carol, oh your home and your parents home are just so beautiful, warm and so special! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and we wish you all the best for 2008. Happy New Year!! Jenn and Jacqui xo

the glitter fairy said...

Wow, what a beautiful home you have and the decorations are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiring pics.
All the glittery best to you in 2008.
Laurie

TiffanyJane said...

Ooooo LOVE all the pics Carol....always love your pendants & esp. love the fireplace mantel!

troos2 said...

dear carol,
where have you been all my life? I've just discovered your blog and can't wait to make time to explore all the nooks and crannies...to learn more about your style and personality. oxoxox, tracy

dekorlatif said...

Hi
I have a site about decoration. All people writing their comments and sharing their ideas. www.dekorlatif.blogcu.com very interesting site.

art-creations said...

ich bin ja etwas spät, aber deine Weihnchtsdeko ist super schön. Ich liebe die Wendy addison Glitter signs auch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails