Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Silhouette swap, white Easter eggs, clock faces & SPRING!


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear readers and blogging friends!
I have a lot to share with you on this rainy Sunday afternoon and I like to start with a private Silhouette swap I recently had with my friend Cerri from The Little Pink Studio.
This is my third swap from Cerri and as always I loved every single item that she created and chose for me.
You US gals always have the best stuff! Just look at all these gorgeous treasures in neutral colors, so pretty!


and isn't it just so clever what Cerri made out of a simple cotton bag? Dyed and embellished and with the silhouette with my name and the lace and ruffles I just love it!


It's hard to chose what I like best from this swap, but apart from the gorgeous silhouette bag the embellished round box filled with the prettiest rhinestone and pearl pins, the gorgeous silhouette stamp and the sweet stitched vintage and framed picture all belong to my faves for sure!


Sweet Cerri also made me a cute lace covered booklet filled with her beautiful dyed paper doilies and hand stamped the cutest little cotton and paper bags for me to use. Btw did you notice my new vintage electric Elita sewing machine? I bought it on our local flea market lately. It's a very heavy and solid piece which is still working if only I knew how to use it *sigh*


I guess Cerri will soon show you what she got from me over on her blog: http://www.littlepinkstudio.typepad.com/



Apart from swapping I also did a bit more crafting. With Easter ahead I was inspired to embellish some more of my papier mâché Easter eggs, this time I painted them white and embellished them with matching lace, Dresden trims and some bling. My favorite has to be the hanging bird nest egg which I sent to my friend Anja from Matilda's Design for another little swap, hope she'll like it!


I think the golden Dresden foil border and bird matches so well with the white egg.


The egg above looks more like a vase I think, so I put some pretty millinery roses in it.
These eggs were so fun to make, I'll sure have to make some more. Two of them found a new home with my mum yesterday for her birthday in a little nest I made her along with necklace I created for her and some handmade treasures I bought for her from blogging friends like Anja  - see the gorgeous white rabbit in the picture below made out of a vintage baking mold and Ann's Vintage suitcase door hanger and the latest Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine, because she loves it as much as I do.


I liked this vignette with the vintage Easter postcards in Riley's white wooden box:



Well and I also soldered something new, it is sort of a glass terrarium for my clock face collection:


I then embellished my little terrarium with a pretty silver lace foil Dresden border. Lik it?


And how do you like the clock faces in the terrarium?


Did I fool you for a moment? Well these clock faces are made by me lol Seeing that I can't seem to find enough of them lately I thought I might as well solder me some he he

Oh and the really good news is that Spring has finally sprung also for us here in Nothern Germany.
Starting last week, this week was even better. All my crocusses are in full bloom, the snow drops are already fading.


It's so exciting to see my Allium Globemaster and purple tulips sprouting after this very long and cold winter:


I took these photos on Thursday this week,where we had over 20 deegrees celsius and I had the chance to have a little siesta in the sun in my fave old weathered deckchair on my patio and enjoy the little spring vingnettes that I created on the french iron tables:


I wish you all a very happy Easter time and will be back with a give away for my faithful followers soon.


Warmest Spring wishes to all of you!

Carola, xoxo

41 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

What beautiful treasure. How lucky for you!

- The Tablescaper

Jennifer@3sonsandadaughter said...

What a great swap box to receive! Your Easter pretties are just lovely. Happy Spring to you...
Jennifer

Julie Ann said...

What beautiful treasures from Cerri! And I am totally in Love with your hanging bird's nest egg!!! Anja is going to love it!!!

Jojo said...

I haven't visited your blog in a while and it looks great - you've been busy! Though you might want to visit Karla at http://karlascottage.typepad.com/karlascottage/

and Jenn's at http://www.sweeteyecandycreations.typepad.com/

I'll be back!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a BEAUTIFUL swap, Carola! That tote bag is just gorgeous! And your Easter eggs are so pretty! I still enjoy displaying the pretty paper Easter egg I purchased from your etsy shop a couple of years ago! =) Happy Easter and Happy Spring to you!
xo

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I am spending my Sunday afternoon doing some blog hopping and stumbled in here. I am sooo happy that I did! What a beautiful post! I love when I find a blog with kindred tastes and interests! I am your newest follower and invite you to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I think you might like my little "Basket Full of Sunshine"...
http://livelaughmakesomething.blogspot.com/2010/03/basket-full-of-sunshine.html

until later..
big hug!

LiLi M. said...

Of course you fooled me! Those clock faces are amazing! Love them! What a great post filled with eye candy again. Love the swap goodies, now I understand you comments on my small silhouette collection even better, too bad though :-( But I gained a lot of inspiration of your swap, cannot wait to see what you send to Cerri. Happy spring to you too Carol, cannot wait to see your garden photos!

Lori said...

Carola, i love the changes on your blog...your new header is adorable...and i love your new bigger picture size...bravo...what a wonderful swap you had with Cerri, she certainly sent you the pretiest things...the bag she made for you is so beautiful, well everything is really...your white Easter vignettes are so stunning...i love how you decorated your eggs...and everything looks so sweet nestled in the box dripping in lace...what a very pretty post!!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Carola....everything looks so beautiful! I love the white eggs so much :)

LuLu♥

Debby said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful swap and I adore all your Easter pretties. Your blog is truly beautiful and this post was awesome.
Debby

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Dear Carola, I love your new header. You are so clever. Sadly, I couldn't see all the photos. I have an old laptop on dial up and sometimes it plays tricks with me. I know they would all be beautiful and so will return. We are looking at getting Broadband which should solve the problem.Happy Easter to you! xx

oldgreymare said...

Carola,

Everything looks wonderful..as always.
I'm so happy to hear your weather is finally turning to Spring. I know how anxious you are to get into your garden.

Spent all today today in mine, and I know I will be so sore tomorrow, but it is worth it.

Ill email a long one soon- promise :-)

Suzan

The Tin Rabbit said...

Hi Carola! What a fun swap! Everything is so beautiful that Cerri sent...lucky girl! I love,love your terrarium..you amaze me at your talent...Your garden is beautiful! Wow, and only a short time ago, it was covered in snow! XO, Ann Oh and I love the white eggs! Beautiful

June said...

Carola Spring is beautiful in your garden and in your home. I love the eggs you have been creating. Each one a lovely work of art. And OMG I love the soldered bow and clock faces. Just amazing work you have done here!
Cerri has sent you the loveliest things in the swap package. I cannot wait to see what you sent her!
hugs

paperbird said...

Happy spring Carola. Your garden looks beautiful and I have to say I am a bit jealous- it is still feeling like winter here :)
Your swap with Cerri looks amazing- everything she sent is quite lovely, you are a lucky girl- it will be fun to see what you sent her.
I love your sweet eggs- especially the one with the bird- I still have the sweet bird you sent to me, maybe I should attach it to a pretty egg like you did. You displayed them so beautifully.

Anita said...

Wow, what a gorgeous birthday gift you made for your dear Mom. I am sure she was thrilled when she got it on Saturday!

A new glass terrarium? Wow, I did not see it yet! What a nice idea!

And I am so pleased to see two of my pottery rose balls on your black garden table! Did you overwinter them outside? I put all my garden pottery in my two little cold frames on the patio to protect them from rain & snow.

XoX, Anita

Teacup Mosaics said...

Everything is beautiful!!! Your swaps are delightful and the clock faces so very vintage. Thanks for adding a little extra beauty with my morning coffee.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Hi Carola! No I haven't seen the package yet..how long does delivery to the US usually take? I hope it didn't get lost out there in postal Oz. :o(

What a fabulous swap package from Cerri! And how fun to do a silhouette swap. The Carola silhouette is too sweet... the pearls were a nice touch.

LOVE your little clock face terrarium! I recently dismantled a bunch of cheap frames, wanting to use the metal frames on tags, altered art etc. I've saved the glass fronts...now I know what to do w/ some of them. Excellent idea!

Hope you have a wonderful Hoppy Easter, Carola...I'll let you kmow as soon as teh package arrives.

Twinkle Pink said...

Love all your creations especially the eggs ... and the easter banner is wonderful Carol.

best wishes Ginny x

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Oohh, now all of us wish we had a silhouette swap!! How lovely!
Machelle

Naturegirl said...

Carola wonderful each and every treasure you show us but the egg with the millinery roses in it really caught my eye!!
You have so much more coming up in your garden than mine...and you had snow longer than we did!!
I have never seen white muscari...I must search for some!
Love your Easter vignettes on your outdoor tables!
Have a Happy Easter! hugs anna xo

Natacha said...

Good evening Carola,
How I love this post! I love every single detail. The silhouette swap is amazing, what a lovely things your friend has sent you! Riley's box is wonderful too (didn't he object?). I hope you'll do another Easter post!!??
PS I'm having a giveaway for my 100th post. I don't know if you're interested in earrings?

FredaB said...

It is always a pleasure to visit your blog and see what new decorations you have either made or bought. It is the way you manage to put it all together that is so bdautiful. I too liked the egg with the bird in it. The all white is a nice change for Easter.
\
Hugs

FredaB

Patty said...

Oh my gosh I love the silhouette art it's so gorgeous!

LiLi M. said...

Hi Carola! Just hopping over to wish you, your daughter and Riley a very happy Easter!

Jeannies Bottle said...

Hi Carola...I like your blog and visit it often. Please have a look at mine.
Jeanne

thecosmiccowgirlinjeanniesbottle.com

Paula said...

Dear Carola,

Your blog is so gorgeous and inspiring! You take beautiful photos! I have been a long time admirer and it is time I left a comment, don't you think?! :)
I love the silhouette swap you and your friend had!!! Oh, she sent you some gorgeous things!!! I know you sent her gorgeous things too!!! I love the bag she made for you, and how she added your name. So sweet! The eggs you made are beautiful! You are so talented! I love the gorgeous basket you made for your mom. It is amazing! I love the vignette in Riley's box and the terrarium and clock faces you made! You do such beautiful and detailed work!!! I love it!

I am so glad spring has arrived there in Germany. All of your flowers are so pretty and I love the vignette on your tables!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I left an answer to your question about the dolls on one of your lovely flickr photos.

Happy Spring dear one!
Much love, Paula

jinxxxygirl said...

What lovely pictures Carola! This is my first time to your blog. It is lovely. My husband and i spent three years in Germany with the military back in 1989-1992. How we miss it! We agree that in all our travels Germany is the one place we would love to live. It is so beautiful and everyone is so friendly. We lived in the Kaiserslautern area. Anyway when i saw you were from Germany i just had to say Hi! deb

Mitzi Curi said...

Wow, Carola, I haven't visited in so long, and there is so much to see! Cerri's silhouette items are great, and your Easter swap items are gorgeous.

*Ulrike* said...

What a beautiful swap you had and I love all the pictures!

JoAnn S said...

so glad i found your blog again, somehow i misplaced it lol. things look lovely and i used to love looking at your garden, so i will regularly check in. btw my son is living in lupberg now, he is with the army he loves germany, check out my blog if you have a chance, i am new to this hugs JoAnn S

Rebecca said...

Hi Carola
I don't know where to begin...this post is so full of goodies! Your swap with all the beautiful handwork is amazing, how beautiful everything is. I love your clock faces and the soldered box. Your are so talented!
Spring has come to Chicago as well - it is always a long winter here in the midwest. So glad to see the sun, my tulips are blooming and I will try to get some yard work in today.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Blessings
Rebecca

Susan said...

Your white easter eggs are just gorgeous. I love the bunny vignette with the basket and linen!

Baby registry said...

Those flowers are blooming very beautiful.

Eileen@Star'sFault said...

Always love the pretty pictures Carola! Your eggs are lovely!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

sinnlighet said...

Hallo, Sweden here....

I must tell you, that I love your virtual & image blog!! Amazing mix of pic's & so much inspiration!

Regards from Agneta

A. Kadowaki Busby said...

Hello Carola,

Lovely, lovely, lovely blog.

Anyes

The Rustic Victorian said...

Where does one start,,,what an amazingly beautiful post...everything. I love to visit you!
Marcie

Mrs. Staggs said...

I love your clock faces! What a clever idea, Carola. More loveliness, as always.

xo
Lena

Vandana said...

What a lovely blog and such beautiful things you have. Loved the silhouttes , wondered if you have a shop and if you sell some , would love to buy. Thanks Vandana

Anonymous said...

great blog
!!! i like it so much!! i forgot my blog account name and password and i can't follow you but anyway, i like it so much !! i'll try to visit you more often. love it.
tamara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails