Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, November 30, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday!

Update: Sharing this post from November 2009 with:



Hello again dear readers and blogging friends and welcome (back) to Boxwood Cottage in Germany.
Today I join Joan @  http://thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/in her Vintage Christmas Party (if you wanna join in too, just grab the "Vintage Christmas Monday" button in my sidebar and let Joan know that you wanna play along)
Seeing that I love Christmas and Vintage items it is the perfect blog party theme for me.
I have just rearranged some parts of my living room to make space for a vintage french brocante mirror that I had outside on my deck for the last 4 years and wanted to save from decay now and an old iron window I recently got from a good family friend.I hung the old mirror on the door to my basement and decorated it in spirit of the season with my soldered nostalgic Christmas ornaments, a silver glitter star, some silver tinsel and a white satin stocking.

I think it fits so well with the old iron window that I have decorated for the season too with snowflakes and vintage inspired paper ornaments as well as a Merry Christmas sign and four white letters spelling NOEL:


I also hung a very old little bird cage, a wire basket and a little toile de jouy covered inspiration board on the shutter and I decorated the little white shelf in the corner with silhouettes and bottle brush trees and I further hung up an old cream colored iron chandelier, decorated with some of my favorite Christmas glass baubles above the table that I decorated with my vintage putz houses and more bottle brush trees. Some pinecones in the wire basket sitting on the vintage cream colored chair complete the arrangement.


I have to say that this is my fave corner at the moment. Vis-à-vis is my white wooden mantle with the golden mirror that reflects the old iron window. Of course the mantle is decorated in the spirit of the vintage Christmas theme too with two old sauce boats that I filled with moos and fir tree peaks, decorated with olive green glass baubles ( an idea I got from the Christmas book "Merry and Bright" btw.)


I took one picture without the candles lit and one with candles lit to see which one brings the sparkle out more, I'm still not sure, are you?


The white paper lace on the edge of my mantle is old vintage stock too and I also have an old black iron stove standing in my faux mantle piece. The wonderful silver glass glitter garland spelling ~WINTER ~ MAGIC~ is a friendship gift from my friend Madai over at Wren Cottage http://forgetmenotsfromwrencottage.blogspot.com . She makes these beautiful vintage inspired glitter creations and also sells them in her etsy shop, in case you want one too ;-)


On the table beside of my mantle stands an iron chandelier that I decorated with some of my vintage glass baubles.


Close ups of the decorated sauce boats (gravy boats)


Another gorgeous gift from Madai is the vintage inspired ivory bottle brush tree that I hung in the corner between my white plate shelf and the old dark framed mirror so that it reflects in the mirror too. Can you tell that I love mirrors and reflections?


On the knobs of my glass cabinet which is filled with vintage rose china I hung a fabric toile heart made by my friend Anita and a cute frame with a picture of a vintage girl with her cat, another sweet gift from Madai.


The chandelier above my sofa table is decorated with lot of vintage inspired glass diamonds. Our 5 month old tom cat Riley is always watching me from his bowl on the window sil while I decorate the living room.


Some more close ups from the toile de jouy inspiration board, a friendship gift from my German friend Anita, decorated with little silver Christmas items I love, like the vintage glass bauble picks, or the very old silver trumpet:


The gorgeous silver cone is made my Madai and is from last years friendship parcel exchange.


I also love the vintage bird cage a gift from another family friend.




And I can't finish up this post without showing you some more treasures from my dear friend Madai's latest friendship parcel.
That sweet girl knows so well how to make me happy :)


The picture below is from my latest order from http://Brandywineboutique.blogspot.com, Brandy also creates and sells the most beautiful vintage inspired Christmas ornaments:


In case you would like to get one of my soldered nostalgic Christmas ornaments 2009 that you can see in the next photo please go to http://boxwoodcottageshop.blogspot.com


Of course they are not vintage, but vintage inspired and soldered with real silver gleem solder (lead free) that will tarnish as time goes by and gives them a very vintage look (you can always polish them with silver or metall polish if you want them to shine again). I chose the sweetest vintage postcard images with winter children in the snow and sprinkeled mica flakes over the pictures for a faux snow effect. Don't they look splendid hanging from the wire basket?
As always you can right click on all  the pictures to enlarge them and see more details!


Well that is it for today but if you like to see more Vintage Christmas inspirations please go to Joan's blog  Anythinggoeshere http://thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/
There you'll find a list with all the participants in here blog's side bar!
I would be happy if you'd leave me a little comment so that I know you stopped by and I hope you liked my Vintage Christmas Monday pictures.

I'll hopefully see you again next Monday with photos from my mum's Vintage Christmas decorated home and until then I wish you all lots of fun with your Christmas decorations!

xoxo Carola

33 comments:

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to Vintage Christmas Monday. I love everything! I think the glitter shows up more with the candle and the lights on! All I can say is WOW! xo Joan

Coastal Sisters said...

Dearest Carola~
Your little magical cottage is just wonderful with all the holiday decor! What a wonderful place to cozy up and have tea and sweets and enjoy all your magic :)

Happy Holidays,
LuLu~*xoxo

maryboys said...

oh, carola! there is just...so...much...beauty in this post! i will definitely be back to study it in more detail. i'm so glad you joined the party...

mary

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Carola! Your holiday decor is so charming, beautiful and inspiring!!
Michelle

julie said...

Hi Carola, I am in awe!!! All of your pieces are beautiful. Have a wonderful day...julie

Zuzu said...

Everything is magical! Very beautiful, Carola! I'm so glad that I'm following your blog and that you shared this wonderful post!
Zuzu

~~Carol~~ said...

You've surrounded yourself with such beauty! You're definitely living the good life there at Boxwood Cottage! I love it all, and each piece is so well displayed!
Happy VCM!
Carol

Sylvia said...

Carola, your house is beautiful, love all your decorations. Whites and silver sure look good together.

penny patten said...

Your Holiday decorations are simple and elegant. I love the chandlier with the crystals, and that in the next photo, you caputured the kitten in the bowl. Glitter and simplicity make for very nice decorations-thanks for sharing!

Andrea Singarella said...

oh my heavens! Everything is so beautiful, and I wish I could stop by for a visit to see it in person!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your cottage is beautiful. So sweet and serene. Thank you for stopping by and I'm looking forward to visiting with you again.

Lis said...

Oh, wie schön! Ich hatte mir fast gedacht dass du wieder einen so tollen Beitrag über deine weihnachtliche Deko bringen wirst und siehe da, ich wurde nicht auch enttäuscht! Es sieht ja alles wieder so wundervoll aus und man weiss gar nicht wo man zuerst hinschauen soll.
Und jetzt freue ich mich schon auf den Beitrag von deiner Mum! :-)

♥liche Grüße Lis

Schau mal in meinen neuesten Blogbeitrag, da ist bestimmt die eine oder andere Anregung für dich dabei

Jane said...

Everything is just gorgeous. I need to come back for a longer visit to take it all in.
Jane

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

Good morning.. I just wanted you to know that I featured one of your pictures in my recap of the Vintage Christmas Monday recap today. Everything is just beautiful...xo Joan, your Vintage Christmas Monday hostess

Household 6 said...

C,
Your house is so gorgeous, and I love the style you always infuse!
I have not forgotten your white pumpkins, however when I try to email you for your mailing address I can't since it's not connected with your user i.d. on your comments. When you get time, feel free to send it to hhsixblog at gmail dot com.
Thinking of you and yours during this holiday season and wishing you much magic :)
Muah, my dear friend!
Tia

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Greetings from Georgia, USA!! I have to say that it sure is pretty over here!! I have enjoyed my visit and am adding your blog to my reading list! So, I will see you soon!

Junk Exchange said...

i love the little trees in the gravy boats - what a cute idea!

troy

The Rustic Victorian said...

I came over from your Fickr,,,still enjoying your sweet home,,,and there is the cat in the bowl..I just love that shot.
Marcie

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful. I could spend an hour looking at the details in very picture.

Natacha said...

Hi Carola,
Strange, I reacted to your post yesterday but it seems to have disappeared somehow.
Your pictures are lovely as usual. Your kitten is so sweet in her bowl near the window.
I'm looking forward to your mother's pictures next Monday.
Natacha

Madai said...

Hi my very talented friend!
As I sit here at the airport I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and amazed of how easily you can make magic in ur beautiful cottage. Thank u for sharing your magnificent decorations and it melts my heart to see the glittery things included in your decor. And Riley just put the largest smile on my face! Your photography captures perfectly your enchanted world! Can't wait to see ur mum's home!! Have a beautiful evening!
Xox - madai

Birds of a Feather said...

Hi Carol ~

Your home is truly magical! It makes me wonder why I embrace simplicity, when all your layers are so interesting and lovely!

I think you could use the cone style filter if you cut it along the seam ~ have fun & experiment!

Warm wishes to you and your family ~
xo heidi

Naturegirl said...

Carola everything looks so festive and full of inspiration! Your charming home is certainly a home that love built. I tire easiy these days so I am not visiting blogs much..reserving energy.
Thinking of you today..hugs Anna xo

Jeanne said...

Your home is gorgeous and so inviting. I have to go back and study the photos one more time - there's so much to see!
xo
jeanne

Luna, Luzie and Olli said...

Lovely, everthing is lovely in your home, Carola.
You are very lucky to receive such a wonderful friendship parcel from your nice friend.

Ist das süüüüß, wie der Riley in der Schüssel liegt und dieser Blick...schmelz :D
Liebe Grüße
Stefanie

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

All the photos are absolutely beautiful. I'd love to come and just look at all of the pretty things in your house close up. You have a wonderful blog!
Blessings,
Marcia

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Du hast wieder alles wunderschön und sehr liebevoll dekoriert inkl. Riley in seiner Schüssel ;-). Das Bäumchen in der Sauciere macht sich sehr gut und das alte, dekorierte Fenster sieht auch super aus! Ganz liebe Grüße, Julia

Piney Rose said...

I so loved my visit to your lovely home- fabulous decor!

Eileen@Star'sFault said...

Carola ~ So many lovely, beautiful things that i don't know which picture or vignette is my very favorite. I especially love the birdhouse and wire touches. The metal bits along with the white wooden pretties are all just perfect.

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Amy. said...

I just found your blog and I love it. I will be back to visit again!!!
Your pictures are wonderful and your home has a real cozy feel.
Amy

Recycled Rita said...

I just read through all your christmas posts and your cottage is delightful! I want to come live there! Happy New Year! karen....

Sweet Daisy Mae said...

Oh I know it's late...well actually past would be a better phrase, but can I still purchase some of your holiday deco items you offered in Nov/Dec????

Xela said...

Seh ich das richtig ... hast du da einen alten Vogelkäfig ..wie geil !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails