Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Celebrating the100th White Wednesday with a studio tour!


Welcome back again to Boxwood Cottage dear blogging friends and readers, I'm doing good this month at least in my humble eyes lol because this is already my 3rd post in the merry month of May. I just had to play along today for 2 reasons, the first one is of course that today is a milestone day with White Wednesday number 100 wow that I did not want to miss! Congratulations to Kathleen our fabulous host over at Faded Charm Cottage! The second reason is that I cleaned up and rearranged my studio lately and of course I'm eager to share some photos of it, over 20 pics to be exact, so you better make yourself comfortable in front of your pc!


 Okay so let's start and go upstairs, I started by taking a few shots around the staircase and galleria while going up into my rooftop studio



In contrast to the white walls I used quite a lot of black here, like my old black string instrument in the wall shadow box or some of my old top hats




Then when you reached the last steps and look right into my studio, because as I said there is a galleria around and so I have no door, this is what you see first:



And when you are almost up and look left over the galleria this is your view:
(Click on my pictures to enlarge them if you like to see more details, I left them all quite huge)


And looking straight ahead you'll look at this creative chaos lol:


My favorite part in the studio right now is my new white studio table:


Do you like it? Not only has it great storage room with 3 deep drawers on each side, but it is foldable too, you can fold out just one side, or both sides like I did for now, but if you need the space otherwise you can even fold in both sides and have nothing but a small side table left.



The Ikea fans between my readers might have recognised it right away, it's called "Norden"!


My friend Anita told me it would be the perfect table for my studio, when I told her that I'm looking for one and she was so right! Norden is not the only table in my studio though, can one ever have enough tables and storage space in a studio? I don't think so lol, I have 3 desks/work stations up here, that I'll show you in a minute, but this new table shall be for creating with guests like friends and family. Right before Easter for example I had my sister and my cousin over to play and embellish some Easter eggs and I had no table for them to work on, cause all my work desks were full of stuff and so we had to sit on the sofa and that was so not comfortable for the back while creating that I decided a new studio work table is what I need and well here it is :) So my dears next time you come visit me to play in my studio you'll know where you'll be sitting!



 On Sunday I was at our local flea market and found another old top hat, a velvet one this time and tonight I had the idea to hang it up on my studio chandelier along with a silk one out of my collection  ( I collected 5 old top hats so far, 3 of them came with their original hat boxes) What do you think don't they look great up there?



Well let's move on to another studio table, one of my work desks:




My daughter is always laughing about me having almost no space left to create on my work desks but for me it is enough space, I need all of my things close around me in order to be inspired and able to start creating:



How about you, do you need a crammed space or all cleaned up tidily to let your muse flow?


On the next desk I have another flea find my vintage sewing machine, truth to be told, I have yet to learn how to use it *blushes* but one day soon I will! I know it's working fine, because my sister has tested it for me.


 Here is a wider view of the left side of my studio and you can already catch a glimpse of my third work table under the rooftop window with my solder work station


When you turn around from the desk with the sewing machine you'll see some of my studio storage:


as well as some more of my collections, like old children sewing machines and old suitcases.
Hidden in the tin boxes in my Ikea shelf is the the stuff I do not need that often and seasonal things, like Christmas decor etc..



I also collect old sewing baskets as you might have seen already ;-)




and here is a closer look at my soldering work station:




When you turn around from here you'll look back to the wider side of my studio with the two huge windows




Another one of my flea market finds from last Sunday is just laying on my new studio table, it is a vintage velvet sewing box I found with all the notions still inside:




And seeing it is White Wednesday today I leave you with another shot of my favorite studio inspiration board aka the printers tray that I painted white last Spring:



Well I hope you liked the tour, but now I really have to hurry up, going to work, but I'll promise to be back visiting all your lovely White Wednesday posts later today!
Happy 100th White Wednesday!

xoxo~ Carola

39 comments:

Kayjay said...

An absolutely wonderful post, lots of lovely eye candy, very inspiring. I'm a collector of 'stuff' too but don't display it as well, I need to. However doesn't it take you forever to dust your room? Lol!

Kathryn x

oldgreymare said...

SO much to see and enjoy- I must go back through at least one more time.What a fun place to create.
Happy White Wednesday!
xx
z

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Oh my goodness Carola! You have a fabulous space to create and store all your supplies and collections. I tend to work in tiny spaces with all my stuff right in view too. Loved this tour of your studio! Happy White Wednesday! :)

Tina @ TinyBear said...

LOVE your studio Sweet Carola. You have SO much beautiful stuff and so many goodies. Also see some Paula creations in there.
Love all your suitcases and storage with all the tiny drawers. It´s juss perfect. Thanks for sharing you wonderful studio - wish I lived closer so I could come and play.
Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend
XOXO Tina

Gail said...

I'll be re-visiting these photos again & again to more fully appreciate the contrast of dark/light and how you organize so many items in a beautiful and logical manner.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

You have such a wonderful studio, Carola! There are so many treasures to discover and to play with. If you ever wanna get rid of that chest of drawers, just send it over too me, lol. Well, I know, this will never going to happen, sigh. I love the stack of suitcases too. Just some days ago I told dear hubby that I need more vintage suitcases. They make such a great decoration. The sewing baskets are wonderful too. I have a couple as well and use them to store all kinds of supplies. Congratulations on finding another top hat. Your collection grows and they look really lovely decorated on the walls and on the chandelier.
Thanks for the studio tour, my dear friend!
Have a lovely afternoon!
Big hugs,
Julia

Petite Michelle Louise said...

i just loved this tour of your studio and creative haven! it's all so gorgeous! Happy 100th WW to you as well! :)

Theresa said...

What a great space Carola! I could get 'lost' creating in such an inspiring studio. That velvet sewing basket is so sweet, and I LOVE the vintage music instrument in the shadow box. Every inch is full of inspiration, no wonder your creations are so beautiful! Happy WW! xoxoox

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Totally gorgeous studio you have there. I especially LOVE the idea of the wall shadow box and the beautiful string instrument you have there. So much eye candy it will take a while to "see" it all. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

Deb said...

Your studio space is absolutely gorgeous and inspiring!!
It looks like a very special spot to dream & create ♥

June said...

Hi Carola,
My jaw is hanging wide open right now as I look through these amazing images of your studio. Oh to be able to create in there-SIGH-

This space is totally wonderful in every way possible my friend!
sending hugs from here...

Luna and Luzie said...

Liebe Carola,

der Tisch passt richtig gut in dein Studio !
Ein wahnsinns Post heute. Tolle Ansichten zeigst du uns von deinem inspiring Creating Space!
Ach ja, Platz müsste man haben *seufz*
Oh, das alles war in dem Kästchen ? Da hast du ja ein echtes Schnäppchen gemacht.
Ich wünsche dir noch eine schöne Restwoche !
Liebe Grüße
Stefanie

rosekraft said...

You have created a truly magical space that overflows with possibility and inspiration, but with just the right amount of order and organization!
Lovely and well done.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Caroia, your studio looks so magical, inspiring and beautiful. Love it all! xx

Ana said...

Love your studio. There are sooooo many things and yet you have everything in its place. I could be there staring at things for hours. Congratulations

Sophie Picoteuse said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL STUDIO
I LIKE A LOT YOURS DECOS AND PHOTO
SOPHIE FROM FRANCE

Yellow Rose said...

Your studio is amazing!

Natacha said...

Ich schaue immer so gerne bei Dir vorbei, Carola. Aber Staub wischen möchte ich bei Dir aber nicht lol.

Schönes Wochenende,

Natacha

Evie said...

Gorgeous lovely workroom!! To be surrounded by such loveliness must be heaven to work in.

Jenniffer said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful workspace~

~the chaos is beautiful :)

I'm right there with you in needing to be closely surrounded by my materials in order to create- and there is always an inevitable mess and very little space to do the actual work, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello Carola, what a beautiful name you have. I could spend hours in your studio just looking at all the pretties you have. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Theresa

time worn interiors said...

I love seeing pictures of your studio! Would love to get in there and poke around for a while! Have a great week!
Tot

Moj tzv. život said...

so beautiful and practical! Great! How did you make it? I need something like that for collection of small toy cars...Do you have some measures for this shelve? Thnx, Tanja

Recycled Rita said...

OOOOhhhh I LOVE your studio Carola! I want to move in! My creative area is our kitchen table and all my storage is in our bedroom, it looks like a hoarders room! I dream of having a beautiful studio like yours! And yes, I like the busy, inspiring spaces, not the open, put away your stuff spaces! Thanks for all the inspiration! karen....

Dorthe said...

Hi Carola, what a fantastic studio you have, I love every bit of it- and i LOVE it is crowded :) and that you are surrounded by all your friends art pieces, too.
I se one of dear Paula`s sweet dolls--I just recieved one from her ,that I adore, she is the sweetest.
Big hug, dear-
Dorthe

Vintage Revival said...

Wow! Looks like you have some absolutely unique pieces, just so many things to admire!!

Anonymous said...

I like this site^-^

Gail Thayer said...

Carola!
You've inspired me so! I'm in the process of tidying up my studio for the Where Women Create Bloggers party and can't wait for it. Your space is so stunning and I love all of your collections, for sure, especially the top hats.....:).
Thanks for sharing it all, I'm off to add you to my favorite blogs on my sidebar...

Hillside Garden said...

Moin, Carola, bei dir siehts wie immer wunderbar aus! Kürzlich war ich wo, da gab es einen Berg Koffer zu kaufen, nur wußte ich nicht, was ich damit anfangen kann. Am Samstag war ich auch auf dem Flohmarkt, ein altes Bügeleisen ging mit! Schönes Restwochenende und Grüße an die Eltern.

AL

Jenny Holiday said...

My oh my oh my!! Toooo much amazingness under one roof!...haha...actually that is not possible! I don't think we can have too much amazingness can we? More more! :)

Everything is so so fabulous! Why must we live so far from each other? We'd have so much fun ..having art parties and eating cupcakes, and scones..and cookies...and.... :)

xoxo Jenny

Castle in the Air said...

SO charming!

Rebecca said...

wow Carola your studio is awesome!
I loved every nook and cranny and the wonderful windows give such beautiful light. Your collection of sewing baskets I am drooling over and all the top hats. I will have to go back and look again
Blessings to you
Rebecca

Caleen said...

Love your studio space. So many beautiful things and creations. You have a very inspiring place to create. I would never leave! :)
Wish you lived closer so you could teach me to solder! I want to learn. You are very inspiring! Thank you for sharing your lovely space! Have a happy summer :)

Anonymous said...

I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.

bobbie said...

What a fabulous space!!!
No wonder you create such beautiful things!!!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your studio is just awesome! so full of treasures! i would love to have a studio like yours!

Ivy and Elephants said...

WOW Your studio is amazing. That table was just perfect.

Paula

Jill said...

What a great space! I'm envious of all of the natural light!!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful and inspiring place! Lovely natural light too. :-) I would never leave this room! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails