Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, November 21, 2011

Beautiful November garden & a teaser preview on Vintage Christmas blog parties


Welcome back dear blogging friends and readers to a November garden update and a teaser at the end of this post on the upcoming Vintage Christmas blog parties that I'm preparing on participating in this season.
We had such beautiful fall weather this year, even the November days are mostly sunny, although at night it can get a bit frosty already but nothing too bad so far. This Saturday I took advantage of the sunny weather and took some November garden photos to share with you. Above you see the Santolina Chamaecyparissus also called Lavender Cotton in a pot and my white iron bunny who is keeping an eye on the freshly planted bulbs in the clay pot. We planted lot's of beautiful fresh spring bulbs in pots and borders last month to have something to look forward too next Spring!


I decorated the garden tables for Winter/Christmas already but minus the color red, I only like red as contrast to white snow, so the red decorations have to wait in the garden shed until the first snow at least.


The plants that I want to overwinter and that are not frost resistent have moved inside or like the rosemary and echeverias in the picture above at least close to the house so that I can take them inside in not time in case a sudden strong frost should arrive.


We had no rain for several weeks and I must always remind myself to water the patio plants from time to time.


Here is a view intp my boxwood garden, in the back you can see the wrapped pots of my neighbor.


A few roses like this Leonardo da Vinci are still producing flowers. Sorry it's blurred looks like my camera prefered to focus on the blue french iron chair instead lol
This fall we even had enough time to clean up the garden and rake all the fallen foliage not like last year when we were surprised by early strong frosts and snow and the illness of my mom not to forget. Thank God she's feeling well again and was also helping me in the Garden a bit on Friday's.


I also had the time to cut back most of my perennials this season only left a few with seeds for the birdies.
I think the garden looks still beautiful although it has less flowers and leaves, wouldn't you agree?


I love my little cabapple tree this time of the year:


and the fresh moss wreath I made for my garden table:


The patio walls and shelves are also decorated for the Winter season:


and I hung up food for the birdies too


The sun shone really warm but I couldn't stay, I had to go back inside after my photo session to prepare the Christmas decorations inside and take photos for upcoming events as long as it was still so bright and light, since this time of the year during the week I go to work when it just gets daylight in the morning and come back home from work in the dark, so photo sessions are only possible on weekends.


The patio wall on the other side, with my Verbena bonariensis still in bloom:


Close up of some easy peasy Winter decorations:




Everything in the garden is ready to sleep and waiting for the upcoming Winter to arrive:


So now it's time for the promised preview on what's coming up here at Boxwwod Cottage very soon!
It's a view through the already decorated transom window into my holiday living room. I started with my decorations last weekend already, when I had put all the Hallween decorations away. We have no Thanks Giving at the end of November to wait for like my American blogging friends and readers for example, so we have more time to prepare everything for Christmas. Oh I so love this time of the year when I can pull out all my pretty Winter and Christmas decorations.


I'm looking forward to participating in Debra's Vintage Christmas Inspiration Friday each Friday in December


and also in the Christmas blogger block party - see the photon & link button in my left side bar!
Above and below are two more peeks on what's new and what I'll have to share with you very soon:


So will you come back and visit me in December?

xoxo~ Carola

13 comments:

Cindy said...

I love looking at your garden, it's just as pretty in the winter!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I'll most definitely be back to visit in December! ;)
Your autumn garden looks lovely and inviting! I love the moss wreath you've made. This post reminds me I still have to plant my bulbs for next Spring - thank goodness we haven't had freezing weather yet. In fact it's been very mild for this time of year. I look forward to doing a swap when you have the time... no rush at all. It will be such fun! xo

NanaDiana said...

Carola- Your gardens and images are just beautiful..breathtaking. xo Diana

Geneva said...

What an enchanting garden.. I've really enjoyed reading this post and seeing all your beautiful pictures. I'm looking forward to following your beautiful blog.

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Carola I always get so excited when I see a new post from you, I love your blog! Looking forward to seeing your Holiday decorations...I will be sure to stop by in December!

All the best,
Rachel :)

xoxo

Karen said...

Your garden is magical as always, and very inspirational! I love the moss wreath you made. I wish I could make one too! But for now I am going to concentrate on the Advent's wreath...:) xo Karen

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi dear Carola, Your garden is beautiful even at this time of the year. It's great to see that some flowers are still blooming and I love your decorated patio walls too.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing your Christmas decoration. The preview looks very promising already and I certainly will be back in December.
Have a great evening :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

Mary - Vintage Cottage said...

Dear Carola, Yours is truly a garden for all seasons. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations too!
Mary xx

di@cottage-wishes said...

Just found you from Faded Charm, love your garden! I love things vintage in the garden it makes it so fun. Have a wonderful holiday and stop by cottage-wishes.blogspot.com
Di

victoriantailor said...

Love your garden, never thought of decorating the garden table for Christmas, love it!

Peg said...

What beautiful photos, how nice to come and spend a peace few minutes viewing and reading what you are up to. Thank you for sharing/
xx

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Carola,
The garden is looking lovely as always. I look forward to all your new creations as I always find so much inspiration at your blog.
I''d love to have you link to our new linky party that is up now, and share your wonderful creations!
Hugs,
Patti and Paula

At The Picket Fence said...

Everything just looks so lovely! What a wonderful idea to use the moss wreath on your tabletop...definitely going to be trying that one myself. :-) Thank you so much for sharing this at the Doors and Porches Party!
Vanessa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails