Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, December 08, 2011

White Vintage Christmas inspiration 2011 part 2


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear readers and  blogging friends and to the second Vintage Christmas inspiration friday. I'm linking up today with some fabulous Christmas parties and will add all their links under this post. 

At first I'd like to share with you some pictures of my vintage inspired (by old china dolls obviously) Snow angel doll created by Dee Foust. She is a fabulous model to work with ;-) well sitting in front of a white mantle mirror which sits on a small shelf, it depends on the angle of which I take the photo and there are always other reflections in the mirror behind her which I really like. In the first picture my antique transome window decorated with snowflakes is showing behind her and in the picture below it is my vintage crystal chandelier and my white mantle decked for the holidays:

 
Isn't she lovely all in white with her crepe paper collar, the tinsel and the white glitterd wings and silver glitter star and not to forget the white glittered bell in her hands? I fell head over heels in love with her when I first saw her in the Bethany Lowe collection over at Bayberry Cove last season and just had to have her!


I was lucky to get her 50 percent off in their Spring sale yay!


  I always had a thing for white vintage angels like the one I have hanging on the mantle in the picture below:


Well now we change the subject from angels to trees because I also like to participate in the Christmas tree party today. Since most of you know here in Germany the Christmas tree is not up as soon as in the United states and other countries, our tradition is to put it up not earlier than the night before Christmas eve, so that the children will be all surprised when they see it on Christmas eve day or evening depending on the tradition in each family, so that means that I can't show you pictures of my Christmas 2011 tree yet, but I uploaded lot's of pictures of Christmas trees from previous years from 2007 to 2010 and hope you'll like to see these too:


This was my 2008 tree decorated with lot's of vintage glass Christmas ornaments and fabric birds and since I learned how to solder in 2007 of course I had to make some soldered ornaments for the tree too:


Since I live in a small row house cottage my trees are usually rather small too.
 Small but cute, right?


I always have a real fir tree and use real wax candles.


Close up of some of my soldered Christmas ornaments:


Since I gave away and even sold most of them I have to find the time to make some new soldered Christmas ornamts very soon. They are so fun to make!




 Below I show you two tiny trees in sauce boats I had decorated on my mantle in 2009:

Oh and then I have to share with you this tree, not really for the fir tree, but for the wonderful antique silver music box Christmas tree stand, which swirls the tree around slowly while playing old fashioned Christmas songs. It is decorated with old vintage German glass ornaments only:


This beauty is not mine though, it belongs to my parents and gets a special place every Christmas season in their living room, where my mom also put's up a larger tree every Christmas, also decorated with her beautiful collection of old German glass ornaments from Thuringia and the ore mountains, the one below is from Christmas 2008:


Below are two pictures of a bird themed tree I had in 2007:



and lastly I's like to show you again my tree from Christmas 2010 with top hat tree topper which most of my regular readers might still remember:


I'll sure share pictures of my 2011 Christmas tree with you very soon too!

Now to the Christmas party links I joinded or will join with this post:


If you haven't seen it yet you'll find lot's more holiday vignettes in my previos post btw!


and again 


and of course

White Wednesday No. 130 at Kathleen's Faded Charm blog
You'll find the party buttons in my side bars left and right.

I wish y'all lot's of fun with all those fab blog parties and hope you'll stop by again here at Boxwood Cottage next Friday when I'll hopefully have new Vintage Christmas inspiration pictures to show to you. 

Enjoy the season!

xoxo~ Carola

27 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Carola...

Ohhh my goodness...your vintage white Christmas is simply GORGEOUS, my friend! Of course, your beautiful home is and always has been one of my favorites anyway! It is even more beautiful all dressed up for Christmas! I love your vintage Christmas angel..she truly is beautiful and holds such a magical quality! I just adore the lovely photos that you took of her...with the reflection of your beautiful home in the background! LOVELY!!!

Ohhh...and all of your past Christmas trees are GORGEOUS!!! I so enjoyed each of them. I love the silver musical tree stand. That's awesome! Thank you soooo very much for sharing your beautiful Christmas with us, sweet lady! This was such a treat!

Warmest Christmas Wishes,
Chari

Luna und Luzie said...

Oh wie schön, den Engel habe ich ja letzten Sonntag schon im Original bei dir bewundert und bin immer noch ganz neidisch drauf ;o)

Der "Birdtree" war toll. Hattest du ihn nicht noch lange draussen stehen gehabt für die Vögel?
Der Christbaumständer deiner Eltern mit der Spieluhr ist ja einmalig. Schön!!!

Ich wünsche Euch einen schönen 3. Advent.

Liebe Grüße
Stefanie

Dorthe said...

Dear Carola, all your trees are so beautiful, and I love your soldered charms ,they are so lovely.
Happy day to you.
Liebe grüsse. Dorthe

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

I love it all! Your gorgeous cabinet with the hearts, the wee trees in sauce boats, and especially your soldered Christmas ornaments...they are beautiful! You are one talented woman! xo

Chlvie said...

This is so beautiful and so pleasing to look at. Love your home and what you have done this holiday season!

☼Carolina Artesanías☼ said...

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨. *
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ **
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*o*
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***o***
¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
¨******o*****♥**o***
****o***♥**o***o***♥ *
¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨

inspiradas en navidad!
saludos
c@

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Carola, your Christmas trees are GORGEOUS! I just adore your soldered ornaments - I hope you make more! Your doll is beautiful also, and she looks quite lovely gracing your mantle. My Tante used wax candles on her tree here... I think she brought them over from Germany as I am not sure you can even purchase them here. Have a lovely weekend!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, Carola, your decor is soooo gorgeous. I love the recap of past Christmas posts. So many great ideas my head is spinning. Please link up again and share this fabulous eye candy with us at "What's It Wednesday". I can't wait for everyone to see!
Hugs,
Patti

stefanie said...

everything is sooooo beautiful!

~*Feathers and Flight*~ said...

So Lovely. Your Angel is a Wonderful Find. Love her! And your Trees Whimsical Perfection! Thank You for Sharing!!
Have a Wonderful Day and Thank you for your Visit!
Hugs
Jill

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Beautiful!

Happy holidays,

Sandy

(PS Having a giveaway!)

Terry said...

The music box tree stand stole my heart!

Revamped French Maison said...

I about fell over... we have the exact same folk art holiday angel doll. I leave mine out all year round. Tomorrow I'm going to post about my mantle... I stuffed her up there so her chair could be used in otherways. I'm so excited to see another person loved her as much as I do. My husband says she's creepy... lol... creepy like clowns are creepy. Men-what can I say.

I'm so glad I found you...
Blessings,
Shanna

www.revampedfrenchmaison.com

Lena said...

It all looks so lovely Carola. Christmastime at your home has always been one of my favorite times to visit. It feels happy and thoughtful here.

TheSaltedAvocado said...

I love this post!
We don't have our tree, yet, either...but we do hope to get it soon. Our's will be small and sweet, so these pictures are the perfect inspirations! Thank you,
Sarah

Honey at 2805 said...

I adore your vintage trees! Each is so artfully created and a feast for the eyes!

Thank you for linking to the Christmas Tree Party at 2805!

I am your newest friend, fan and follower. I hope you will consider same. It's such a pleasure to meet you!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Carola it is all so beautiful. Enchanting! I love all your trees and that they are always real. Such pretty and unique ornaments.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday Season,
hugs,
Rachel :)

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi liebe Carola, das ist ein wunderschöner Engel, der ganz prima zu Deiner tollen Weihnachtsdeko passt. Super, dass Du ihn im Sale ergattern konntest. Die Weihnachtsbäume der letzten Jahre sehen sehr hübsch aus. Jetzt bin ich mal gespannt auf den Diesjährigen.
Ganz viele liebe Grüße
Julia

Angie said...

Every single one of your trees is absolutely beautiful, Carola. A real feast for the eyes.

I LOVE the silver tree carousel that belongs to your parents - what a treasure!

Thanks so much for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday. It's a real treat to have you there!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

linnea-maria said...

What a wonderful cavalcade of trees! that musical tree holder is amazing!

June said...

Oh my goodness, everything is so beautiful! First...I love you snow angel and can certainly see why you had to have her come live with you. Next..I love your trees from Christmas' past. And then to see you beautiful soldered ornaments was such a treat. You make such beautiful charms and ornaments. I can't wait to see this year's tree. Oh, and I almost forgot about the darling tiny tree in the gravy boat. I LOVE THAT!!!
sending hugs and wishes for a lovely Wednesday!

June said...

I just had to come and tell you how much I loved the beautiful layout of your home in the magazine. What an amazing feature of your gorgeous home and garden. I kept thinking...and this is dear Carola's house!!!!!
I have been enjoying the magazines so much. I can't even tell you how much!
big hugs from me...

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Carola,
We featured your lovely post at our "What's It Wednesday" linky party. I just love your style and want all to see your creativity. Hope your can share with us again.
Hugs from warm and sunny Florida!
Patti
(Two more days until vacation!)

Mary - Vintage Cottage said...

Hello Carola, All your Christmas trees are simply wonderful and I'm drooling over the amazing glass decorations. I wish a Very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Mary xx

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Carola: I just adore all of your trees! They are so beautiful. I am new to your blog and am one of your
new followers. Hope you will visit my blog soon!

Happy Holidays to you!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Love those soldered ornaments!!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

All your trees you have created are just beautiful and I love your soldered ornaments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails