Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, December 15, 2011

White Vintage Christmas inspiration 2011 part 3


Welcome back dear blogging friends and readers to part 3 of my White Vintage Christmas Inspiration posts on this very stormy day here in Germany. I took almost all of these pictures last Sunday afternoon/evening when it was already dark with my daughters new Canon EOS 600D. I must say that it makes quite a difference to my good old friend the Olympus UZ C760 which I usually use.


Oops I'm just realising that I got to hurry, will be back later to finish the text for this post!
(Vintage insipired candy Peace Christmas cone by Ann Perry)


So now I'm finally back to finish my post, such a whirlwind of a day this is. 
Don't you just love these vintage inspired paper maché Santa boots? I painted one white and one silver and really like to fill them with vintage and/or vintage inspired beaded picks and other pretty items and use them in my holiday decor.


The metal cone in the picture below hangs from one of my studio roof top windows. I made the snowflake ornament from silver pipe cleaners and got the sweet sheet music paper ornaments from my cousin Stefanie.


Back down in my parlor, the huge spun cotton snowball ornament I made and put in the rusty white urn sparkles really nice at dark when the candles are lit:


It's not easy to see all the sparkle in the photos. The Merry Christmas sign below sparkles very nice too:


so does my Winter Magic garland on the mantle, a gift from my friend Madai, as well as the cream white bottle brush wreath:


Of course I lit three Advent candles in the white metal planter from Ikea last Sunday, the fourth will have to wait until this coming Sunday - oh Advent is passing by much too fast for my liking:


~ Sunday 3rd of Advent at Boxwood Cottage ~


It's so cosy when all the candles and twinkle lights are lit, this is why I so love this time of the year!
Can you find all the birdies hidden in the next photo? There are 10 alltogether!


The view below is what I see when I sit on my willow sofa and look in the direction of the dining room with the kitchen behind the transom window:


I really love how the next picture of my seating area came out . The pillow says what I wish to all of you:


Our cat Riley thinks that the sofa is very cosy too:


These pictures were taken in the morning with my old Olympus camera:


The morning light shone into the parlor so beautifully and made my spun cotton snowballs sparkle too:


Back to candle light photos - this one is a little blurry, but I wanted to show you my latest acquisition, the old silver glass tree topper in the vintage tin pudding form. I found it in a pretty Country shop in the cosy artists village of  Fischerhude last Saturday while Christmas shopping with my mum:


another picture with my silver santa paper maché boot this time in candle light:


The small brass wind instument ornament is also from that cosy Country shop in Fischerhude, the trumpet is a really old one that I found at the flea market two years or so ago. I like how they shine so pretty in the candle light which really brings me into the festive spirit:


In the next photo you can see all the parcels I had such fun wrapping for my friend Lisa of  Tarnished and Tattered in Texas, sent to her a few days ago for our Vintage Christmas friendship swap. Can't wait to receive Lisa's parcel, cause our tastes are quite similar I'm sure it will be awesome!


Today is another good friends birthday and I made her an altered bottle and sent along some small items she might like considering that she loves sewing and Paris!


Sending you very Happy Birthday wishes dear Anita! xoxo~ Carola


I'll have to leave you now with this wide view of my parlor taken with my daughters awesome new camera and wish you all a wonderful and cosy 4th of Advent this Sunday!


I'll be back with part 4 of the White Vintage Christmas  inspiration series next Friday one day before Santa Clause comes here in Germany with pictures from my parents very christmassy home!
Only 3 working days left next week and then I'm off work for the rest of the year woohoo!

xoxo~ Carola

Linking up with Debra's Vintage Christmas Inspiration Friday party over at Common Ground again.
and of course with White Wednesday at Kathleens Faded Charm blog
as well as with Paula's and Patties What's it Wednesday over at Ivy and Elephants
and with Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday Housewalk Party 
Please find their blog buttons in my side bars!

28 comments:

Hampton said...

Wonderful inspiration. Thanks for sharing, Carol.
Hugs.
Piola

Priscilla said...

I could just drop into your house and never leave - it is so beautiful. It would take forever to see it all. So lovely!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

OH my...Carola....
You have such a wonderfully artisitc way with your arrangements! I loved seeing your Christmas vignettes and all your vintage treasures. I wish you and your family a beautiful and peaceful Christmas season.
Love, Laura :)

Susie said...

Hello Carola, Just found your site. I love your decor. I too like lots of birds. yes, it does seem cozy when we use candles and twinkle lights. Smiles to you, Susie(She Junks)

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

The beauty wrapped up into this one blog is amazing! Thanks for sharing this...Merry Christmas! xo
(ps..love the silver boot)

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

SO cozy!

rachelsmith133 said...

You have a wonderfully decorated house and I loved the candlelit photos. Really gorgeous.

oldgreymare said...

Carola,

it is a magical place, this cottage of yours, a place of retreat and comfort.

I am wishing you and yours a Magical Merry Christmas, and a healthy and happy New Year.
much love,
z

Diane said...

I haven't commented for a while but want you to know how your inspire me with your blog. Love your taste, I always take a peek whenever I need a lift. Best wishes for a very blessed Christmas Carolla. Diane

janet said...

I love your parlor area..Your photos are stunning..and..Elegant..It's so homey and inviting..Merry Christmas..

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Your home is so beautifully decorated, dear Carola. There are so many things and sweet details to discover. It's so cozy. I just would like to drop on your sofa and have a cup of coffee and one of yummy cupcakes your daughter bakes.
Your swap packages for Lisa look wonderful and I'm sure they are filled with lots of fabulous gifts.
Have a lovely week and enjoy your vacation, my friend!
Hugs and warmest wishes,
Julia

The Rustic Victorian said...

Oh Carola, how totally lovely everything is. Merry Christmas!

Marcie

A Few Pennies said...

Your blog is so beautiful; full of lovely pictures; magical with Christmas decor--I'm off to look around your pretty inspirations!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Dear Carol...

Just stopped by to wish you peace and joy at Christmas time and throughout 2012.

Gorgeous picture as usual. Your home looks very festive and comfy cosy.

Blessing Marion - Wales UK

Linda M. said...

Your photos and decorations are gorgeous! Merry Christmas. Linda

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I wish I could just drop down and plop myself right into your pictures!! I just can't believe someone actually LIVES here surrounded by all of this loveliness! You are an amazingly talented decorator!

Angie said...

Absolutely stunning - down to every last detail!

I adore that old trumpet!

Thanks so much for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Laurel said...

Wow...so very lovely :) Merry Christmas, Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Evi said...

how pretty, Carola! I am just coming up for air, and I am getting to visit my favorite blogs.I went back and looked at all your pretty Christmas posts. I love your tree toppers and that pine cone pillow next to a comfortable looking Riley. Could not find the 10th bird...and boy, did I try. I have some very small papermache boots sitting around for years, unpainted. You are inspiring me to do something with them. An other favorite was the sewing gifts for your friend. You are very talented with great ideas.
And by the way, rules are there to be broken. Well, sometimes....I would put my Christmas tree up much earlier. The time is too short, and your trees are too pretty not to be enjoyed longer.
I had great fun browsing through your lovely posts.
They truly say Christmas to me!
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
Evi
P.S. Thank you for your nice comment on my dolls, and for putting the Santa on pinterest.

Cottage and Broome said...

Oh, each one of your shots is more beautiful than the next! What a beautiful display. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, Laura

Cottage and Broome said...

Forgot to say, I will be your newest follower! Laura

Norsia said...

Hi!
Im up for air,I don`t know what to say..I can`t find the right word!I just love your blogg and you inspire me so much.christmas is very special to me so by looking at your post makes me in christmas mood:)

Kjersti Nathalie
Bodø-north of norway

Rebecca said...

Hello Carola
How beautiful your home is, just as I would picture a German home at Christmas! I think you must find such wonderful old ornaments there, most of the good stuff was made there. I love the greens and the spun snowballs. Too many things to mention. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season.
Blessings
Rebecca

very merry vintage style said...

Everything is just gorgeous--you really have a knack for display and creating pretty vignettes! Stop by and link up if you have time. Merry Christmas!
Mary

Lisa said...

Carola,
Gosh it's all so beautiful. I just adore warmth & coziness of your cottage. Someday when I come to Germany I will be so dissapointed if everything doesn't look like Carola's cottage! LOL
I feel bad, my packing wasn't as merry & pretty as yours. Now that I see your cotton spun balls I'm sure you think I'm crazy for what I sent. Your clever & I'll bet you make something wonderful with it.
Lisa

Leslie's Garden said...

So much to enjoy! You've been very busy and have your little place looking so beautiful and festive! Merry Christmas to you Carola! I've been a big fan for many years!

Angie said...

You are being featured tonight at Knick of Time Tuesday!

Feel free to grab my "I Was Featured" button!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time Interiors

rachel@Acts of Life said...

This makes my heart pitter patter...lovely just lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails