Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Of roses, fairies and hearts

Hello dear blogging friends and readers, I had plans to post again earlier but then on Thursday I suddenly fell ill with a terrible cold and a bad headache so that I had to go home from work, but today I feel on the mend so I have some new pictures to share with you!


My friend who stayed with me last weekend has got me this beautiful rose bouquet above. They still look good today after 8 days and the delightful mimosas are still smelling heavenly spring like.

Well and this is just a little corner of my home that I'd like to share, seeing how much I like to have a peek in other people homes I always think that you possibly do to:





Oh and not to forget the gorgeous pure white fairy doll, a wonderful creation of my friend Niki over @ Nostalgia at the stone house. She flew into my home last Saturday!


Try the click on picture to enlarge thing and see more details, it's worth it and I hope it works! This next picture looks so much better when you enlarge it and you can see all the gorgeous details Niki has used for the doll closer. I love her hair and the mini pompom garland and the silver flowers:


Luckily I still had a voucher for my fave shop which two friends gave me for my birthday and this charm is one of the things I've bought of it, it's not an antique piece I know, but doesn't it look like one?



Also I've got me this turquoise candle cup from the voucher, which matches so well with two of my jugs:



Further more I like to show you the 4 hearts I've created for my friend Anitas "Nostalgic Hearts Swap". They all have two sides, but I only show you one side so the other one is still a surprise for the recipients. I really do hope they look nostalgic and that the recipients will like them. I was supposed to send them out on Friday but due to my sickness I couldn't, but I'll do it tomorrow, promised!









And lastly here is a sneak peek of my spring garden, I hope that next weekend I can show you more spring pictures to bring us all in the joyful mood!


I still feel quite weak so if I don't get around to comment on your blogs as usual it is because sitting in front of the pc is still very exhausting for me at the moment, so I better go back to bed now and keep looking up my fave blogs later. I'm wishing you all a beautiful sunday and a good start into the new week! xox

30 comments:

nel said...

I hope you're feeling better real soon Carol! Love the fairy from Nikki, she is so clever and creative. Love seeing the corners of your home, just beautiful!

ptitlapin said...

Bonjour,

Ton univers m'émerveille. C'est splendide. merci de ton gentil mot.
Bon dimanche.

Anne

Lis said...

Oh, ich war ganz ertaunt neue Fotos von dir zu sehen, aber anscheindend geht es dir wieder etwas besser, oder doch noch nicht?
Das weisse Püppchen ist ganz zauberhaft, aber auch das türkisfarbene Geschirr gefällt mir sehr gut. Deine Swappartenerinnen dürfen sich ja nun auf die schönen Herzchen freuen und ich bin schon gespannt welche verschiedenen Kreationen so alles auf die Reise gegangen sind.
Schönen Sonntag noch und gute Besserung weiterhin

monique said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon.
What a lovely fairy you received from Niki.And I loved to see those photo's from the corners of your home.

Margrit said...

Hallo Carola,
die Herzen gefallen mir sehr gut. Die Empfänger werden sich freuen. Mit dem Püppchen hat sich aber jemand sehr viel Mühe gegeben. Ich weiß das, weil ich auch mal eine Zeitlang Puppen gebastelt habe.
Weiterhin gute Besserung.
Margrit

Naturegirl said...

Aww.. Carol I wish you a speedy recovery!You need a day at the beach with me!I hope it's not migraine.I get those too and it really puts a damper on life.
How sweet of you to post all these ~LOVELY~ photos for us to view!
Your home is so magical and with all these romantic corners you have created!You must call your site ~Romantic Boxwood Cottage~
Take care of yourself rest.. build up your strength for the gardening days ahead!
Your hearts are lovely..the recipients are lucky gals!Hugs NG

gena said...

Oh Poor Carol! I hope you feel well again soon, I do love those hearts! what do you make them from? is it card? I may have to have a try!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
Awww, you poor thing...I do hope you feel a lot better very soon.
THANK YOU! very much indeed for taking such beautiful photographs of the fairy doll and for your kind words and the link! Thanks again for your purchase - I am so glad that she has come to live with you!

The hearts that you have created are wonderful. They are lucky ladies to be receiving them!
Love the corner of your home too!
Have a great week,
Love Niki. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope that you rest up this weekend and will be feeling fine for the week ahead. I posted on your new look (re: last post) but for some reason it did not come through so just wanted to say that I love the new look. It is so feminine and romantic much like your beautiful home. Your heart swap is gorgeous and I love the angel. What a beautiful gift. I think I will go out and buy myself some indoor plants too. You have inspired me with your spring garden. Take care, TWT

Betty Jo said...

Carol I hope you are completely well real soon. My what gorgeous photos you've shared on this post; the roses, doll, cameo, candle cup, the hearts you've created, your garden, and your home! All are so nice. Thanks for sharing with us.

Mia said...

Oh, I love all your hearts (what a pity indeed that we are not in the same swap group). And that turqoise cup, with your lovely jugs - just beautiful. The fairy was ever so stunning as well. Lucky you (even though you are not well - hope you will fell better soon!).

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Oh Carol ~ I hope you feel much better soon! Your photos are very lovely and I love your spring garden. Your hearts always bring a smile to my face. I recently purchased one of Niki's dolls, too (I have it posted on my blog) - aren't they just the sweetest?

Betty said...

Your rose bouquet is beautiful along with the cameo necklace, your hearts are exquisite and your spring garden lovely.

Hope each day brings better health.
Betty at Country Charm

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely, lovely things you have here...hope you feel better soon!!!

Nadine said...

Hallo Carola,

erst einmal gute Besserung, Migräne ist was fieses.
Du hast wieder traumhaft schöne Dinge gezeigt, die Puppe ist der Traum in Tüten, unglaublich, und du hast recht, man sollte das zweite Bild wirklich größer klicken. So viel Liebe zum Detail, das ist wunderbar.
Ich hoffe, deine Swappartnerinnen freuen sich über die Herzen, danke, daß du sie uns schon gezeigt hast.
Liebe Grüße,
Nadine

Lallee said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your pretty things. Your new cameo is lovely--I agree it is very vintage looking. Hope you are feeling better.

Twinkle Pink said...

Hi Carol, am so glad you feel better, it seems we have all fallen to a nasty bug. Roll on the warmer days of spring and summer.

I was so excited to see your hearts .... I wonder which is mine?

I do hope you and the other ladies like the hearts I have made for you. Look forward to seeing all the hearts from both groups.

best wishes Ginny

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Hi Carol,

Hope you're much better now. Lovely photos on your blog once again. The hearts and cute little fairy made me smile. Loved the corner of your home; you have flowers on almost anything, I like it!

Joanne said...

Carol,
I'm sorry you've been sick - hope you're on the mend now! You have such beautiful things in your home - thanks for sharing!

Britt-Arnhild said...

It is always such a joy for the eyes to come over to your house.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. Hope you are feeling better now.

Britt-Arnhild said...

It is always such a joy for the eyes to come over to your house.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. Hope you are feeling better now.

Deb said...

I love the new look of your blog! What a talented daughter you have. Your home pictures are just gorgeous ... thank you for sharing them.

Shabby in the City said...

You are so creative and you've probably already thought of this but in case you haven't...any one of these photos would make beautiful cards if you printed them out...I think people would love them.

delila said...

B E A U T I F U L!!! <3
What else can i write??? You have a perfect eye for loveliest things. I have been wanting to but those teacup candles too, i think those are at Lisbeth Dahl's?

Gardengirl said...

Hi Carol. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all the pictures you posted from your home and your hearts are BEAUTIFUL. I can tell you put a lot of love into your home and art. Hope your feeling better.

Daisy Cottage said...

Oh please feel better soon! You poor thing! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures even when you are sick!!
xo,
Kim

suzanne said...

Your new look blogs is very nice, it s spring's colors.

Clare said...

Hi Carol, I do hope you are better soon. Niki makes some wonderful things doesn't she? Clare x

stadtgarten said...

Wunderschöne Bilder hast Du wieder gepostet.
Ich hoffe, es geht Dir mittlerweile wieder besser!
LG,
Monika

Salix Tree said...

I'm sure your cold/flu is gone by now, hope you are feeling fine. My Mom was also very sick with a cold, that is where I was, visiting with her, making her tea, dinner, and so on. And she's good now too.
Love that faerie! The hair is so pretty, looks to be made of natural materials, like twigs or grass?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails