Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Meteorological Spring!

From the meteorological side of view it's Spring today, hurray, finally! :D Let's just hope that Winter is really over now and will not come back for at least the next 8 month! To celebrate the first day of March I've created my first paper egg of the season last night:


And now I have to do a last post about hearts because I've got almost all my hearts from Anita's Nostalgic hearts swap by now. Only one from England is still missing but I'm sure it's on it's way and maybe I'll find it in my letter box when I get home tonight.

This is the last 2 sided paper heart I have finished and send off to Delila today along with some embellishments that she might find a use for in her beautiful art work:




And this is the gorgeous paper heart which Delila of Sepia Art Studio has created and send to me, along with on of her pretty wee paper bundles :D:




Further I had a little private swap with Miz Smoochie Lips and she has sent me this sweet little two sided wooden heart:




Now this next one is the fabric nostalgic heart which Anita the swap organiser herself has made for me. My cat is totally in love with it because it smells so good, she can't stop sniffing @ it lol:



And I've got this lovely paper heart from my talented friend Nicole of Small Treasures:

Last but not least my dear finnish friend Maria from Woodpecker Cottage has made me this two sided fabric heart with my initial C on one side and gorgeous crotcheting filled with little pink roses on the other side. What a lot of effort she has put in there, have a look:


Ladies I must say that it was a big pleasure for me to swap hearts with so many of you and to get to see some of your beautiful works in reality. I'm quite happy to call you my friends and to own some of your gorgeous works now to adorn my house and studio :D Thanks a lot! xox

P.S. This last one is a picture of 3 of the heart I've sent off and some doves I had made as place names for the dinner party I gave last month (the template is taken out of Kari Mengs wonderful book "The french inspired home").
As always, click on the pictures to enlarge them and see more details!
Have a beautiful weekend everyone! I so hope I can spend mine working in the garden this time. Fingers crossed! xox

26 comments:

Digi Scribbles said...

Carol the egg is gorgeous, as are all the hearts. I especially love the fabric heart with your initial. That is so pretty.

Twinkle Pink said...

Hi Carol,HAPPY HEART PARTY!
Fabulous hearts!!

It is such a shame that my heart has not reached you yet. Anita has hers thankfully, they were all posted last week. Cross fingers it arrives soon.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog, I loved doing the post and making the hearts for all of you.

Best wishes Ginny

SOINSPIRED said...

I love your paper egg. You've inspired me! Like you usually do, I might add.

Lis said...

Schwer zu sagen welches jetzt das schönste Herzchen ist, aber eigentlich sind sie alle hübsch, jedes auf seine Art.
Mit dem Ei bringst du mich auf eine gute Idee. Man könnte das doch auch anstatt aus Papier, auch aus Stoff machen :-)

Gotta Garden said...

I've never seen such! You are quite the artist! I like that they reflect feeling...very lovely! Yes, that egg is nice and makes me think SPRING!

Joanne said...

I woke up to more SNOW this morning - so thanks for sharing a bit of Springtime! :)

Lady Laurie said...

Your blog is so beautiful~ happy March!

MariaJ said...

Hello dear Craft Queen! I think you should change your blog name again...! New wonderful creations here! I wanted also to come here and thank you for your swap heart "privatly" not only on my blog. The turquose color and gold matches so well together! Thank you with the bottom of my heart and I'm happy your flu is over. Oh and by the way...its snowing here but your spring fever is here!

Henny said...

Ist es nicht wunderschön welche Freude diese wundervollen Herzchen machen!!
Ich habe alle Herzchen bekommen und hoffe , dass auch meine angekommen sind.
Wie schade, dass wir in getrennten Gruppen waren.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Carol, I just LOVE your Easter egg! I can't wait until you show us some more! Your hearts are very beautiful, too.

Margrit said...

Hallo Carola,
wunderschöne Herzen hast Du bekommen. Ich könnte jetzt auch nicht sagen, welches mir am Besten gefällt.
Wenn Du rosa als Schrift benutzt, ist es sehr schwer auf dem rosa Hintergrund zu lesen. Ich weiß ja nicht, ob es nur mir so geht.
Viele Grüße
Margrit

RoseMary said...

I love to come to your blog. Everything is always so pretty. Happy Spring!!

Miz Smoochie Lips said...

What beautiful hearts and eggs and especially I'm eyeballing those placenames!! You are magical with paper.

I think you're right about an egg swap next. Let me get my thinking cap on :)
*smoochies*

Allie from Minneapolis said...

Your hearts are gorgeous! You are so talented - each heart is so expressive and beautiful. I've just discovered your blog and love it. Thank you.

Naturegirl said...

It has been delightful visiting around and seeing all the hearts you and the ladies swaped! You are all so creative! I have difficulty reading the prose in PINK because it does not show up against pink background.LOVE the French Generals book!Very inspirational!Everything here is lovely viewing as always Carol!hugs NG

Shell said...

Oh, that paper egg is just beautiful - you are so talented Carol!

And look at all of those hearts - what a wonderful swap to be a part of. I bet there's no love lost in your home with all of those hearts hanging around - so pretty. :)

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

What a lucky lady you are!
Such talent from all of your crafting friends! And so many differnt ways to decorate a heart....

Gypsy Purple said...

Such lovely things you made and receive!!!

moderncountry said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. No, i dont own my own shop. Yet..The pictures comes from a website which belongs to a swedish designer. I have written that in English, under the last pictures. I have a lot of international visitors, so i do transelate some of the text into English.I like your website too. YOu are a really lucky girl though, so many lovely heats you have received!! Have a nice weekend, greetings from an Norwegian girl who lives in the Netherlands

Salix Tree said...

Those hearts are gorgeous! And each so unique, filled with personality. I have been looking at all the various blogs with the heart swap, it's so much fun.

Jill said...

So many pretties! We are anxiously awaiting spring as well!

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful spring egg!! I just had to let you know how lovely it is ~
:) Dawn

DIANA said...

How many lovely things on your blog and in your nice cottage !!i will be here a lot of times!!ciao from Italy.

Mia said...

So many lovely hearts, created by so many talented people! I love them all. I will show the hearts I received in my blog today. It has been great fun. I love your paper egg as well - beautiful! Have happy weeken gardening (we still have snow, so no gardening for me...)

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Carol....
Hope you are fully recovered now and have had a good weekend. I have enjoyed seeing all the beautiful hearts you have received they are crafted so beautifully. I do love your first egg creation, is it made for someone special as I see the initial ‘B’. I am sure you will be making many more in the oncoming weeks and I look forward to seeing them. Marion

Crafty Gardener ... said...

I love your beautiful heart swaps... makes me want to make some. I am certainly enjoying your blog. Keep up the wonderful work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails