Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, March 31, 2008

Button challenge, little lambs & white Easter 2008

Easter has come and gone so fast, but I still have a few photos to show you anyway, but first of all I'd like to show you the beautiful mail I got from Andrea's web boutique http://www.onehundredwishes.com/ on Saturday :



It is so hard to resist all the wonderful goodies from her Onehundred wishes web boutique, don't you think so too? Got these beautiful satin ribbons, foil keys, flash cards as well as the 2 gorgeous velvet bunnies and the wonderful big Nicol Sayre collection eggs!




I made this two sided egg for my mum, the other side is turqouise:



More filled Easter eggs:



Easter Sunday we spent at my sister's cottage where she had these cute 2 weeks old Easter lambs in her cottage garden:


We could enjoy seeing them play outside in the sun through the window of her conservatory and my daughter took lots of photos too from which she also made this little animation:


See the beautiful blue sky on Easter Sunday? You'd think it would have been a warm day wouldn't you? But it was actually freezing!

The next day we got the first snow of the year, we didn't have any snow all winter, but got a white Easter Monday:

View through my kitchen window, click picture to enlarge:


But as if this wasn't enough for spring, the next day we woke up to even more snow, can you see it falling?



Quickly my garden lay under a white blanket:


Well now to change the subject I took photos of some of my buttons for Analise's button challenge show and tell over at flickr, go have a look if you'd like to see more beautiful button collections:

Above are my mother of pearl buttons and below is my button treasure box filled with vintage buttons:



These were flea market finds, I took this photo last summer but think it fits so well in Analise's challenge:



That's it for today, happy 1st of April everyone!
Carol(a) xox

21 comments:

Lori said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful buttons!!! love your goodies from Andrea too!!!

Naturegirl said...

Ahhhhh......what sweet babies you post today!! Warms my heart to see them!! Your post is filled with delights once again!!
Oh my....(((((SNOW)))) Mother nature is fooling you!! It certainly is Spring and summer rolled into 1 here in the sunny deserts of Arizona!
sunkissed and loving it..sending sun your way!! hugs NG xo

Vickie said...

Love the goodies and the buttons. I find buttons to be so interesting and useful in projects. I don't have a huge selection but I love them anyway. The lambs are just precious. There is something so endearing about baby animals. We keep getting snow too though it doesn't last. Your pictures are just great!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Beautiful buttons you have in your collection, Carol! And your white-blanketed garden looks so lovely! Those dear little lambs make me want to start a farm! My parents' neighbor has llamas which we used to visit, so that will have to do for now! lol

Ute said...

Das sind so schöne Osterimpressionen und auch die Knöpfe sind toll. Es hat mich daran erinnert, dass ich vor Jahren ebenfalls eine große Kiste auf einem Flohmarkt gekauft habe, doch irgendwann (vor nicht allzu langer Zeit) habe ich sie weggeworfen. Leider. Was machst du mit den schönen Knöpfen?
Viele Grüße von Ute

Jojo said...

Genau die gleichen Gedanken wie Ute hatte ich auch, als ich mir die vielfältigen und jedes auf seine Weise schönen Bilder gerade angeschaut habe. So eine richtig schöne Osternachlese, vom Schnee-Stillleben über die herzallerliebsten Schäfchen bis hin zu den tollen Eier-KReationen und der kostbaren Knopfsammlung. Das sind ja echte Schätzchen!
Ich wünsche Dir eine schöne 2. Wochenhälfte - liebe Grüße aus dem herrlich frühlingshaften Berlin von marlene

Dawn said...

beautiful buttons....!

Leslie's Neighborhood said...

Your garden is so beautiful in the snow, but I know you must be itching to get out there! I love the cameo button in the last photo, wish I had one like it for my embroidery!
Leslie

The Apron Queen said...

I'm incredibly jealous. How cute!

By the way, any of your blog entries would be absolutely perfect to share for Vintage Thingies Thursdays over at my place. I'd love to have you participate.

Come on by! Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Anita said...

Oh, another lovely post! ;-)))

Now I can even see the cute lambs moving... ;-)))

I found some similiar shiny buttons in Paris last year but at a craft shop (au Caroussel du Louvre) and they were quite expensive.... Your botton box is daring, too!

XoX, Anita

Donna O. said...

Carol- hello!!! It's been a while. Everything looks beautiful (as usual) but the snow photos are just magical- especially the last one- magazine worthy!!!!!!
D.

LiLi M. said...

Hi Carol, It's quite busy out here, but I'm going to mail you back of course! We had a white Easter too! It was all too early this year, I don't like that and I cannot say goodbye to my self made easter eggs either.
You did a swell job making that egg for you mum, she must have been delighted.
Ooh I like your buttons too! And that animation your sister has made is just too cute. You'll hear from me asap.

Lis said...

Schöne Fotos zeigst du uns hier wieder, nur auf den Schnee zu Ostern hätten wir alle gut und gerne verzichten können. Die Lämmchen sind ja echt niedlich und Roxys Animation ist klasse.
Bei den Knöpfen sind wunderschöne Stücke dabei, da hast du wirklich einen tollen Fund gemacht.
LG Lis

Sugar Bear said...

Your photos and work are always so gorgeous and inspiring!
Karla

mendytexas said...

What gorgeous goodies you have! OOH, I just love it all! :)mendy

Rosemary said...

I love all of your pretty things Carol. I buy from Andrea too. I love her site. That lamb is so cute. Thanks for visiting me.
Rosemary

My lovely cottage said...

These little lambs are so adorable! Thanks for visiting and writing such kind words. Saw the movies and books you like and a lot are simulare to my taste. I wish you a wonderful weekend and take care, yvonne

zUzU said...

=^..^= oh carol ::sigh::
Lookie at your garden ... and lambies!

I don't even know where to start when I come to visit. The German Easter eggs ... I adore them too. I have collected them for what must be forever. I know they are for candy, but ... I like best to tuck little bears inside. Baby teddybears dressed with bunny ears and a tied on bunny tail!

And those buttons!
After my heart you are. I have far too many (is it possible to have too many vintage anything? Especially buttons?

Your poor cold garden, all dress in a spring coat of white. Brrr. Here it is springtime popping out all over. Even little squirrels ::ahem:: are building nests. Yep yep yep! Chichi's gonna be a daddy!

Come by and see your boy. He's SOoooo big! Stay for tea and cookies. The flowers are beginning and we can sit outside and listen to the trees. The birds will keep us company...If the kittens don't chase them away ::giggle::

Have a wonderful weekend there...far away ::sigh::
Wish you were here.
=^..^= love, zU

Brenda Kula said...

I absolutely adore buttons of every size and color! So enjoyed the eye candy. Lovely little blog you have. Glad I found you.
Brenda

Kali said...

Lovely photos Carola!!
I hope you are enjoying the beginning of Spring in your lovely part of the world...luv lots, Kali xoxo

Mia said...

Oh dear, Carol! I can hardly believe all the snow you got at Easter. In a way I do find it a bit comforting, so that we up here in Scandinavia were not the only ones. But, can you believe it, we got more last weekend, and there is even a forecast for snow tomorrow too! I jus van not wait for spring to "start" for real... meanwhile, your photos of the sweet little lambs are just adorable! I have tried to take a few shots today of mine, but it is not easy, since they just will not stand still... But I will post a few photos in my next posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails