Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bad back and what's new!

New pictures from Boxwood Cottage, come see the big versions here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxwoodcottage/


Created with fd's" Flickr Toys. Click to enlarge!


Dear Blogging friends and readers, if you are still there, I have to apologise again for my long blog absence. I'm really sorry!


My lower back ist still hurting from the lumbar vertebrae inflammation and I still can't sit at the pc for a long time. I was at sick leave for a few weeks, even over my 45th b-day, but had to go back to the office sooner or later, now I'm back at work - with very much work to do - and it is quite hard to sit at my desk for 7,5 hours and in the evening my back is tired and I can't sit at the pc again for long. I get physical applications 2 times a week and physical training also 2 times a week and it's better, but I don't feel completely healed and I'm afraid of the bad pain possibly coming back when I do to much pc work in my spare time. Of course I check my e-mails regularly and I load some quick pictures of what's new here up to flickr every now and then and check my contacts pictures there. I became quite a flickr maniac and a swapaholic lol. When I have some spare time left and I'm still able to sit I prefer to use this time in a creative way for crafts and swaps better than for reading blogs for hours which I did before. I check my favorite blogs and leave comments sometimes but not as often as I used to do. I hope to get my full back strength back and then be able to come and blog regularly again though! Please keep checking in and don't forget me! A big thank you to everyone who checked in and left me comments during the last two month! I appreciated them a lot!


Meanwhile I'd like to link you over to my flickr account here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxwoodcottage/

if you like to see the full pictures which I showed you in the mosaic above and want to see what else happens at Boxwood Cottage then please come visit me there! I'd be more then happy if you would leave me a comment!

Warmest wishes from Boxwood Cottage sends y'all

Carol(a) xox


P.S.:

A post with just one picture looks so sad to me so I decided to add my latest crafts:


1. My nest for Heather Speckled Eggs Sweet little nest swap:


2. My new inspiration board made from a simple pin board, painted shabby white and then I pinned pretty papers, emphemera, soldered pieces, embellishments, jewelry, Dresdens, art work etc on the board with pretty hat pins. This was such a fun and easy afternoon project!

If you want to see more details please come to my flickr as I told you above! There you can chose the sizes you'd like to see it! As always blogger isn't cooperating with me and you can't enlarge it here grrr

15 comments:

Hillside Garden said...

Hi, lass dir nur Zeit. Dein karriertes Bild hab ich mir erst mal gespeichert und gucks mir jetzt intensivst auf dem PC an!

Al

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey carola!!!!!
im so sorry to hear that your not 100%. back pain stinks!!!
don't overdue it! take your time!
your birds nest is gorgeous!
everything you make is gorgeous!
take care!
oxoxox,
jessi

Lis said...

Schön dass du mal wieder blogst und keine Angst, wir vergessen dich schon nicht :-)
Gamzschnellbilderguckengeh *lol*
LG Lis

Joanna said...

sorry to hear about your back, i hope it does not effect your craft or your garden as they so lovely. Hope you get back to normall with your back soon

Sandy said...

I'm sorry your back is giving you such pain. I love your inspiration board in my favorite colors!

Michelle said...

Hope you're feeling 100% soon. Take care and heal, Carola.

Michelle

Sabine said...

Hi Carola,
Sorry to hear of your back problem I know what that's like (Scoliosis and arthritis).
I wish you all the best, get well soon. I have missed your pictures and will go to Flickr now to look.
LG Sabine

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Sweet Carol! Ich bin so glücklich, Ihren Pfosten zu sehen! Ich hoffe Sie fühlen viel besser bald! Ich dachte an Sie heute, während ich mein Haus mit meinen Ostern Dekorationen verzierte, einschließlich das schöne Papierei, das ich von Ihnen im letzten Frühling kaufte! Ihre Fertigkeiten sind also schön, und ich freue, zu sehen, was Sie für Ihre Fertigkeit austauschen bilden! Danke für das Teilen Ihres "flickr" Fotoverbindung! Mit vieler Liebe zu Ihnen!

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Carola, So sorry to hear about your back. I hope it begins to improve so you can be more comfortable. Your Little Nest is adorable, just charming!
Take care,
Heidi
Everyday Cookies
PS thank you for all your nice comments on my Flickr pictures!

Vickie said...

Sorry to hear about your back, however I'm glad to see you back!! I've missed your posts.

Simply Me Art said...

So Sorry to hear about your back. I do understand, I have suffered with bad discs for years. Always such a Joy to stop into your blog. Jamie

Anonymous said...

Carola, I'm so sorry to hear that you have a back injury. My husband suffers with a bad back as well and it can be quite debilitating. I hope you continue to recover as I'm sure you are anxious to be in your garden. Speaking of which, I can't believe your photo's. Am I seeing correctly? Are there leaves on the trees/bushes in your backyard? We are preparing this weekend for another 30-50 centimeters of snow. When will it stop!!! Anyhow, thinking of you and wishing you well. TWT

Naturegirl said...

Liebste Carola:
We could never forget you and your magical web site! You have lifted my spirit so many times with all the pretty images of your garden and crafts that you have posted in the past..I am a hooked fan for life!!
Wishing you a speedy recovery from your pain ..there can't be anything worse than lower back pain..
if the truth were told I should NOT spend too much time at the PC myself as my recovering fractured
ankle swells much if I don't keep it elevated and that's hard to do sitting at the PC.
Feel better soon!I was very worried about you..I'm sure Anita told you!
Es umarmt Dich aNNa oxoxo

Sugar Bear said...

Hi Carol,
I'm so sorry to hear that things are still not 100%. I hope you are feeling better soon. Back problems are really tough. Your nest is so cute.
Karla

Wren Cottage said...

Hi cutie! I'm sorry to hear about your back troubles!! I hope you get some relief soon sweetie!! Just wanted to drop in and tell you how beautiful all your creations are, pure bliss!
Thank you for sharing, but please don't overdo it! you rest your back and get better! we are here for you!!
xoxoxo ~*~*~* your little friend Madai
ps the mosaic is beautiful! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails