Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter and oh no we'll get frost and snow!

Thought I share with you my dear blogging friends and readers some more Easter and Spring eye candy, but before I show you more pictures from my decorated home and garden, I have to show you what I got in the mail on Thursday just in time for Easter!



It is a wonderful surprise parcel from my German blogging friend Nicole of http://www.smalltreasures.blogspot.com/!

Oh how I love surprises like this! :D

See the tiny bird cage above isn't it just the sweetest? It was in the parcel along with many other treats like lots of millinery flowers, birdies, lace paper border, Vintage wallpaper and wallpaper border which I find extremely pretty, tiny buttons in beautiful colors and a collection of her gorgeous Toile de Jouy tags! Aww I feel so spoiled Nicki, thank you so much! You can click on the picture and then on the orange button to enlarge it fully and see all the details:


In the following photo is my new birdie king along with a garden thread tin box. I found both things on the first garden fair of the season:



I decorated a little Easter display around the self made nesting box:



The golden bunnies in the glass cloche belong to my faves this year. You can click and double click all the pictures in this post to enlarge them!



This glass pott is for plants or flowers but right now I use it as a storage for chocolate eggs:



Back to my garden, here is a pink display on one of my garden tables, I just love the pink filled prime roses and bought them in 5 different shades of pink. My mum once made the pottery wreath which I decorated around the pott:



Well it looks like I started the spring season a bit too early and my poor flowers are going to freeze again. The weather forecast says that we'll get a lot of snow and frost from today on until next Thursday *EEK*!



I cross my fingers that all my flowers and plants will survive these hopefully last day's of winter weather! We had such a mild winter until today and I'm not prepared for snow and frost, I want SPRING!!!


I made a nest for the fluffy chicken from a paper egg half which I simply decorated with two different Dresden gold borders:


Happy Easter to all of you!
Hugs Carol(a) xox

18 comments:

Salix Tree said...

Hi, haven't been here for a while.
Your garden and house always looks to me like a magical scene from a faerie tale. Makes me smile to see your wonderful photos. Love the little bird on a stick in the post below.
Wishing you a Happy Easter!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello Carol! Your birds are all very pretty! I just love the way you decorate for the holidays! I have your paper egg hanging in my living room for Easter. I have been using Babelfish to send you little notes in German... I have heard German spoken for much of my life, but none of us were taught how to speak it. When I read back what I translate for you, the words start to come back to my memory! =)

Liebes Lied, wünsche ich Sie und Ihre Familie ein sehr fröhliches Ostern! Und ein glücklicher Frühling, auch! Mit vieler Liebe Louise

Scrappy Jessi said...

aaaahhhh Easter is Beautiful at your house! love all your treasures! darling. and those flowers. gorgeous!!
have a great Easter!
oxoxox,
jessi

Anita said...

Me too, I am ready for spring NOW and all we get now is SNOW for Easter, I can't believe it!

So your chearful spring pictures really brighten me up on this dark and cold day ;-))

Wow, what a great surprise you had in the mail from Nicki! (I especially adore that collection of smal buttons)! I wonder what you are going to create with all those wonderful supplies!

Happy Easter to you and your beloved ones!

XoX, Anita

EVA AGNES said...

As always you show the most beautiful things and take the most georgeous photos of them.
I love to look at the items you put togethe.
Love and Schöne Osterntage.
Eva Agnes

Beth Leintz said...

Your fluffy chicken nest is just darling- I love the way you combined the two gold borders.

I kind of laughed about your chocolate Easter egg storage jar- storage is never an issue at my house, we usually have the chocolate gone before I can transfer it from the bag to a candy dish!

Beautiful spring pictures- Happy Easter!

Naturegirl said...

Liebste Carola:
Wishing you the beauty of this Easter time with the sight of golden daffodils in the sunshine!
If you must.. have a vase full to enjoy!
It seems as though you are feeling better and blogging again! HuRRAH!
You are back..posting the delicious eye candy we all so enjoy and get inspiration from!
hugs sunkissed NG
P.S. please email me as I don't have my addresses downloaded on this lap top..I'm here for another month and want to communicate w/ you,
hugs xo

Jill said...

Carol,
I love visiting here... it is so pretty and happy. Your photos make me feel so good. Hope your Easter is very special.
xoxo
Jill

Champagnepiken said...

Hei Carol. Belated Easter greetings from Oslo, Norway! Your cottage is beautiful. I just love visiting your blog.

lindaharre said...

Hi Carola......Looks like you are more than ready for Spring and so Easter decorated! Can't wait to see what you are up to in your garden in a month or so:D We hit a snow storm on the way home (St. Louis) from K.C. today! So odd.....yesterday it was in the 60's! Hope you had a wonderful Easter....hugs, Linda

Rosemary said...

Hope you had a Happy Easter Carol.
Love all of the pictures!
Rosemary

Lis said...

Oh, da habe ich eben erst deinen Osterpost entdeckt. Mein Google Reader zeigt mir deinen Blog nämlich nicht an, weiß der Geier warum?!
Du hast ja wieder hübsche Sächelchen bekommen, Neid! Ne Quatsch, ich freu mich für dich, schließlich swapst du ja auch viel, ganz im Gegensatz zu mir!
Ich hoffe dass du Ostern schön mit deiner Familie gefeiert hat und warte zusammen mit dir nun sehnlichst auf den Frühling
LG Lis

Wren Cottage said...

your garden is truly magical, Carol!!! I can see all the love and hard work you put into it... it is just gorgeous!!

Vickie said...

Very nice. I love your yard. It gives me inspiration everytime I visit. The bird and cage is just the sweetest. You have such an eye for detail.

Mia said...

Your photos are just as lovely as ever, Carol! I love all your Easter decorations, as well as I did enjoy seeing all the lovely hearts displayed by the fireplace from the Nostalgic Hearts Swap last year! Your garden too looks so lush and pretty. I do hope your flowers have survived the cold nights and snow that you got. But surely thing are looking up now and the worst is over. At least it is what I would like to believe to be the case here; our Easter was soooo cold (minus 14 degrees during the nights) and we got a lot of snow, But now it is raining, and the temperatures are more pleasant. So I do hope spring really is here in Norway soon too.

J Leigh said...

Hello,
I have enjoyed your blog so much and am always sooo inspired after a visit...your garden is divine and where I would love to enjoy an afternoon! Thanks for your inspiration, and do visit sometime!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
Your garden is looking as lovely as ever - very spring like and happy!

I love how you decorated for Easter too.

Niki

Annemary said...

encore de si jolies choses !!!!!je continue la visite et suis enchantée plein de bisous à+

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails