Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh Tannenbaum



The tree is finally up and sparkling! One day before Santa comes he he :)


This year I put some of my soldered Christmas ornaments on the tree and really like the nostalgic look of it!


View through my Advent chandelier (as always you can enlarge all the photos if you'd like to see more details by simply clicking on them):


There is never enough sparkle at Christmas, wouldn't you agree?



Some more close ups of my my newly soldered nostalgic Christmas ornaments:




A dear friend has made me the fabric skate boot in the background 2 years ago:




There is mixture of new but nostalgic, old-Vintage and self made ornaments on my tree, but I used only my silver ornaments, no red ones this year:



The reflector baubles are very old and belong to my faves for many years now:


I was so lucky to find 8 more oval shaped huge glasses which are old stock and very rare to find over here and I used them to make 4 new nostalgic ornaments for my tree, like this one:


The sweet Tilda bird in the next photo is a Christmas present from my dear friend Anita, she actually made me 5 new birds which came in a very pretty rose box, I really love the snow flakes fabric, so sweet!



Anita has also made me this gorgeous fabric Toile de Jouy heart which I decorated on my antique armoire along with a beautiful quilted heart she made for me last year. She knows how much I love Toile de Jouy and when she asked me about the size, shape etc. I would like the heart in, I asked her if she could sew beads around the heart the way I saw it on the pretty fabric hearts from Julie Collings and the sweet heart she is she fullfilled my wish and I just love it! I got even more presents from her, enchanting fabric tags, more sweet hearts, an awesome inspiration board with toile too and a wonderful fabric bunting rose garland, but I'll have post these treasures in another post.



I leave you with another view of the whole tree in all its candle light glory (click to enlarge) and once again I like to wish y'all a very merry and peaceful Christmas surrounded by your loved ones!


Hugs Carola xox

28 comments:

KatCollects said...

Carola,
Your true is just beautiful! I am wishing you a beautiful Christmas full of blessings!
Hugs,
Kathy

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

Hello from lovely, wintry Alaska. It is snowing Christmas snow outside, about 5 inches of new fluffy stuff in the last few hours. Love, love, love all the sparkly, tarnished silver decorations on your pretty tree.

Merry Christmas from Eileen and the Beautiful Starry girl at Star's Fault ~

Just Being Crafty said...

Breathtaking!!! Just Beautiful. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Joy Zaczyk said...

Frohe Weihnachten! Your home and decorations are beautiful!

Joy
xo

The White Bench said...

Beautiful and sooo elegant, Carola! Your soldered ornaments are something to die for! :))
Merry Merry,
Monica.

dar said...

Love all of your ornaments and your tree is amazing. One can truly never have enough sparkle at Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey there sweets..
Happy Holidays,.
your decorations are gorgeous!!!
oxoxo,
jessi

Uniquely Myself said...

Carola, your soldered ornaments are lovely. I have two questions; 1. are they covered with glass and are they actually soldered? 2. What is the tape you solder on called - the scalloped style? Thanks

Lorrie said...

All is so beautiful, Carola. I love the tree and your soldered ornaments.
Enjoy this lovely season. I hope you have time to rest, relax and spend time with your family.

Lorrie

Charity Grace said...

Love the sparkles and the bird ornament!

Alette Siri Ane said...

thankyou for letting me view your tree and decorations have a wonderfull time towards new year,and of cource beyoud!

Kindred Spirit Soap Co. said...

Stumbled on your blog by accident however, I am glad I did. Everything in your home looks beautiful. Happy New Year. Julie

Birgit said...

Liebe Carola, ich hoffe Du hast die Feiertage gut hinter Dich gebracht und wünsche Dir jetzt auch einen guten Rutsch in ein hoffentlich für Dich und Deine Lieben gesundes und glückliches 2009.
PS: Ich hoffe auch, Ollis Bruder hat sich schon ein ganz klein wenig bei Dir eingelebt...

LG Birgit

LiLi M. said...

Hi Carola!

Just in time to wish you a good 'Silvesterabend' or didn't I pay attention at the right moment in school? Anyhow a happy New Years Eve tomorrow. For 2009 I hope that all your dreams come true even the ones you didn't know you had them.

Your tree is gorgeous with all your pendants.

No I didn't forget that I promised you to make a skate bootie as well, but I got ill last week and spend all week in bed :-( and I'm always late with my decorations). So I promise you I'll try next year.

Thanks for the lovely swap we did in 2008 and I want to thank you for your blogfriendship. See you in 2009!

KatCollects said...

Hi Carola,
I finally posted about our magazine swap, and I wanted to thank you again for everything. I wish you a beautiful New Year filled with blessings from above!
Hugs,
Kathy

MizCarla said...

Wow wow wow!! It had been awhile since my last visit, so I finally got the chance to catch up today. Your Christmas looked gorgeous!! I'm so glad there are others who don't have colored lights on their trees :D

wishing you a very happy and creative New Year.
xoxs

Elyse said...

just found your blog. everything is beautiful. i love your tree! how warm and cozy that room looks! enjoy and happiest new year to you.

Cathy said...

Hi Carola,

I'm having a blog contest. Come join in the fun.

xo Cathy

Pinkie Denise said...

So pretty is your tree...Have a Happy New Year and a creative one too Pinkie

Ilka Wilczek said...

Your christmas-tree is an eyecatcher...!!! Wonderful things...

greetings
Ilka

Twinkle Pink said...

Carole your pictures are gorgeous and I so love all your new glass ornaments, I am so glad that I have a good collection of them too.

I promise to be a much better blogger this year and will catch up with you again soon. I miss all the creativity here in blogland.

Best wishes for 2009 from Ginny xx

Mia said...

Happy New year, dear Carol! And may I say that your Christmas tree with all the lovely ornaments is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. I am truly amazed by the beauty of your nostalgic, lovely ornaments, and the fact that you have indeed made them yourself. And like you say, there can hardly be to much sparkle and glitter about at Christmastime. But now Christmas has come and gone (at least in my house) and I look forward for lighter and milder days and time spent outside in the garden.

Merci-Notes said...

Hi !!
I wish to say Thank You for ALL of the Beautiful papers and ornaments!!!! I love them all!
AND, I LOVE the very first photo in today's post! At first glance it appeared to be a beautiful fountain! So of coarse I had to "click & enlarge" the photo! A glass cloche with more beautiful layers underneath!!! Beautiful!
Hugs,
Mary

Naturegirl said...

Carola everthing looks wonderful..truly a romantic looking atmosphere with all the twinkle sparkle and nostalgia! Wishing you the Happiest New Year!
Thank you for your heartwarming comment re: my mom..xo

Castle in the Air said...

Thank you for the sweet notes on my blog. I am indeed coming to germany at the end of the month but I will be in Frankfurt. If you do think of anything wonderful to do please let me know. I would be so happy to have a little insider's tip.
Your blog is beautiful and your cottage just darling!
Such a treat to have this view into your lovely life.
Best wishes for 2009!
- Karima

Christine said...

your tree is so beautiful,Carol.
I love how you've made it all so very pretty and magical.
thank you so much for coming to visit me~
Happy New Year to you,
I hope we can visit more this year.

Christine

Anita said...

Coucou!

Oh, wie schön Euer Baum doch aussah! Irgendwie schon schade, daß wir diesmal keinen Baum hatten - aus den bekannten Gründen, *grins*.

Oh, Du hast mein Toile de Jouy Herz ja noch aufgehübscht, wie nett mit dem weissen Doppel-Yoyo!

Ich freue mich auch sehr, daß Dir alle meine Sachen gefallen haben!

Die TILDA-Vöglein mit den Schneeflocken finde ich übrigens gar nicht wirklich winterlich, die würden auch im Frühjahr noch "durchgehen", oder? ;-))

LG, Anita

Ellen said...

Hi Carol thanks ,it's nice to meet you too. Just discoverd your blog and love it. I see we love the same nostalgic, vintage look.
Love to know you better !! I'am at my daughters house at this moment but whem I get home tonight I will mail you some pictures of my house so you can see how I live. Your pictures are gorgeous !!
Warm wishes . Ellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails