Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Hearts, an amazing swap with Ann and an OWOH winner!


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear readers and fellow bloggers!

First of all I 'd like to wish you all a very "Happy Valentine's day" today!



Isn't this a gorgeous Vintage honeycomb heart?
I totally love it and find it so appropriate for today. I got it from sweet Ann of the Tin Rabbit. Ann and I met over at flickr where for quite some month now I admired her wonderful photos of the most gorgeous creations and vignettes around her home and Antique shop "The Tin Rabbit".
One day when I told her how much I love her honeycomb bells she said that she has a spare one and kindly offered it to me, so I suggested her doing a swap and Ann happily agreed and said that she had always envied other people for doing swaps and that it was something she always wanted to do. At that time she had no blog yet.


Well a few days ago I got an amazing huge parcel containing an embellished and collaged vintage black suitcase full of delightful old treasures, such a joy!!! I really couldn't believe my eyes, dearest Ann has spoiled me rotten! Everything you see in the picture above was in the suitcase, isn't that unbelievable?


Just look at that delightful treasure trove. The decorated envelope with the enchanting paper rose is one of Ann's creations as well as the embellished suitcase pocket in the photo below:


Ann also sent me one of her fabulous candy cones:




and a whole bunch of the most beautiful paper lace doilies:



Yesterday we finally had better light for photos  (can you believe that it is still snowing here almost every day?) and I had a chance to play and decorate some of Ann's treasures around my living room. I gathered some glass cloches and created a little vignette on the white painted table under the old iron window:


The gorgeous framed silhouette pair and the baby shoe below are also from Ann as well as the paper bird, the sweet leather baby shoes in the glass dome and the square clock face and the huge hanging cone, the little girl tag in the other cloche, the baby cabinet card and the paper rose, the silver glitter star and the lead flower frog.


It was such a pleasure to play and decorate with all these beauties Ann and I like to thank you again from the bottom of my heart for making me such a happy bunny!!! XO
I can't show you yet what I sent to Ann because she hasn't got her parcels yet. As so often I was quite late sending my part off, but now it is on the way to you Ann, thank you also for your patience and I hope you'll love it as much as I love and enjoy yours!
If you like to meet Ann and to know more about her you can visit her here: http://thetinrabbit.blogspot.com/


Seeing it is the day of hearts today I'd like to show you some hearts I made for blogging friends lately.
The one above is an embellished chocolate box. I used one of Ann's heart shaped paper lace doilies for the front.

The three hearts following below are all made after lovely Holly's http://www.hollydoodledesigns.com/shop/ fabulous tutorial in Teresa's http://www.teresamcfayden.typepad.com/  paper romance e-zine in which I participated this month:




 These were so fun to make!


So tomorrow I'm going to draw a winner for my OWOH give away, a soldered heart, using the random number generator and than I will announce it here. Over 300 participants wow that's amazing! I'm so sorry that I haven't got around to visit all of you yet but it was a pleasure to meet ya'll and I'll do my best to come round and visit you back during the next days, or maybe even weeks.

Happy Valentine's day everyone!

xoxo, Carola

The OWOH drawing is closed and I put all the numbers in the true random number generator and copied and pasted the result in here:


True Random Number Generator




Min: 1

Max: 337

Result:

300

Powered by RANDOM.ORG

The lucky winner of a soldered heart charm is entry number 300
Cami @ Creating Myself


Congratulations Cami!!
I'll contact you later today to ask for your addy!


xoxo Carola

19 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you as well, Carol!

I was very pleased to see Ginny's heart that she made for my nostalgic heart swap two years ago and I spotted some of my little birdies hanging on the mirror, two!

All your treasures in these post are wonderful and as you know, I am a fan of your hearts, too!

Good luck for you Valentine's give away! My drawing will end tonight and I'm going to announce the lucky winner tomorrow. ;-))

XoX,
Anita

Twinkle Pink said...

Lovely treasures Carol - your friend found some great stuff for you and love all your hearts.

best wishes Ginny

Twinkle Pink said...

Oh look yes Anita :-) I had to go back and take another look ....

I loved the heart swap we all did and cherish all the hearts that were created in the swap.

Ginny x

Lori said...

Carol, oh my!!! i love all of your gorgeous treats from Ann...what an amazing and beautiful swap...you must have been so excited opening up and gazing at every pretty little thing...i LOVE your vignette with the cloches, that looks SO pretty...love all of your hearts!!!

vivian said...

wow! such beautiful things. yes, I think youre right, she spoiled you. But i think its fun to give special things to people you KNOW will love them. She just knew exactly what you would love!
Have a great week!
hugs
vivia

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Carola! My oh my if that isn't the swap of all swaps!!! What a treasure trove of creative fun!!! xo

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

Carola ~ your art and phots are always so beautiful that it is a joy to visit and be inspired. Happy Valentines Day to you!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

LiLi M. said...

Ohh that really is some swap! Unbelievable Carol! Of course I had to click that photo to get even more envious LOL! You did a terrific job creating those hearts. Have a lovely week!

*Ulrike* said...

You were definitely spoiled! What a wonderful thing to receive! The hearts you made are quite special too.

Melly said...

Hi Carola, I'm new to your blog I came across it via My Country Cottage. I'm in blog heaven visiting with all you talented ladies. I love all your soldered charms they are so beautiful, I've got the equipment I need to start making soldered charms but for some reason I've just not started. I've admired many ladies in blogland who create beautiful charms I hope the more I see what you all make that it will inspire me to have a go myself. It's lovely to meet you and I look forward to visiting with you again.
Have a wonderful week!
Melly:)

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Carola. I cannot believe it is still snowing there! What an amazing swap. I would have had a heart-attack of joy when I saw the suitcase. But you deserve it! xx

Naturegirl said...

Dear Carola a treasure trove of wonderful delightful hearts in this post!I heart you!!xoxo aNNa

The Tin Rabbit said...

I'm so glad you liked it sweetie! It was fun,fun gathering things for you!!! You made it all look sooo pretty!!! Your hearts are gorgeous!!! XO, Ann

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! *doing the happy dance* I am soo happy Carola...how lucky am I?

LOVE your sweetheart door banners. I made one myslef that I plan on sharing this weekend. And Oh, I got so excited about winning that I almost forgot to comment on the gorgeous vignette you put together w/ your swap surprises...it's just beautiful!

I won! I won! I won! I won! LOL

Jennifer said...

I loved looking at all the gorgeous pictures on your blog - so happy to have found you! stop by and visit me somtime, Jennifer

paperbird said...

Carola your displays are so beautiful- i love them and I adore the pretty hanging valentine hearts that you made- i would love to have a crafting day with you- I bet you have so much fun!

kimberly said...

WOW this is "over the top" generosity!!! What an amazing treasure chest of loveliness!!!

Natacha said...

Hallo Carola,
Da hast du dich doch bestimmt riesig gefreut als du den Koffer ausgepackt hast! Da sind so viele Schätze drin. Die Bilder mit den Glashauben gefallen mir am besten. Eigentlich habe ich nicht soviel mit Valentinstag, aber wo ich deine Herze gesehen habe...vielleicht überlege ich mir das noch einmal nächstes Jahr.
Liebe Grüsse,
Natacha

Merci-Notes said...

Lovely tutorial hearts and fabulous honey comb heart!!!
I also love your vignette!

xo,
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails