Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, July 13, 2012

4th annual Where Bloggers Create party ~ New Boxwood Cottage studio shots!


 Having not blogged for 3 months quite frankly I wasn't sure with what and when to start blogging again and Karen Valentine's 4th annual WBC ~ "Where Bloggers Create party" just seems to be the perfect start back to blogging for me because I never missed it since the first party in 2009 so of course neither could I miss it this year.
So welcome back to Boxwood Cottage and my Vintage inspired studio dear readers and blogging friends!
I took lot's of pictures and hope you'll enjoy them and find some inspiration here and don't feel that your time here was wasted. I'm so glad that you're here I missed y'all and hope you'll leave me a message and let me know what's new. 
I did some rearrangements and new vignettes to inspire me and you and I'm sure you'll easily see my love for the contrast of black and white like the vignette on the blackboard above that I made from a kitchendoor that once belonged in front of a dishwasher. It now is a focal point and instant eyecatcher up here in my rooftop studio.


 The mirror in the black vintage frame seen below is hanging on the wall oposite of the little vignette with the crumpled and torn vintage top hat that I tucked on top of a vintage globe in the picture above.


Very much to the chagrin of my daughter I just love having vignettes to inspire me everywhere in my home and of course especially in my studio. My daughter (24, student) would prefer if I'd hide all my treasures in drawers and behind closed doors, because she likes it all clean and orderly, but that is just not me. I cannot stare on to bare walls, I need eye candy to get inspired. I'd really love to know your opinion on this issue.


 Like all collectors of old treasures I love to go to flea- and antique markets to find the things I love like old suitcases and vintage top hats which I both collect.


To solder is one of my favorite creative past times so you might discover little things that I soldered behind glass every where in my studio like the house shaped soldered glass with the cute boy in a top hat in the picture above. Below is a wider shot of that vignette above and I'll give you some even wider views in the following photos:




The vintage black sewing machine and the old brass trumpet are some more of my favorite vintage posessions. In the wire basket behind the sewing machine I store some of my raw paper maché boxes in all kind of shapes because embellishing these boxes is another favorite creative thing that I love to do so I always have to have some boxes close by.


And like you see in these pictures they aren't the only things I'd like to have in sight and handy lol

If you want to see bigger versions of my photos with more details you can always righ click on the pictures, then click of show graphic/photo and then double click on the picture again to see the original size.
In the next photo you can see 3 of my 4 studio tables:


Next is a close up of two of my tiny drawers chests to store tiny treasures like Dresden foil trims and borders and such goodness and you also see part of my studio chandelier with some soldered pendants I created and other sweet things hanging from it:


 You might also spot some of my studio dolls in these shots:


In the old cream painted  printers tray I store most of my tiny treasures:


 Two of my soldered trinket boxes are standing in front of the tiny drawers below as well as a sweet note from a dear friend tucked in the brush and more sweet gifts of blogging friends are displayed here.


On the oppsite side of my studio I have a couch to relax and here is also the stairway to go downstairs where I hung two of my old silk top hats on the wall:


as well as the huge wooden pair of scissors that I bought last Summer when I visited sweet Guá and her wonderful Mor Agustas garage as those of you who read my last post might remember:


Vintage inspired wall art I call this old lace children blouse and the big paper cone I made from vintage German sheet music paper, same lace pieces etc.pp:


Some more of my vintage sewing machines big and small that I collect. This is one of the collections I really have to stop collecting because I'm running out of space to display them:


 Now let's have a wider shot again and onto the area below my two big double roof top windows:


 I have a day bed over here and also my beloved vintage dress form and a few more top hats from my collection.


 A close up of the vignette under the window:


Love my vintage black typewriter


 as well as my latest flea market find from last Sunday the black vintage telephone. You had to turn that crank around to call an operator to connect you just imagine those times!


Below is a magnet board which I recently painted the frame white and some of my embellished bottles and a small aquarium I soldered and in the cream white wire basket some rolls of my favorite papers:


They look so pretty close up with the vintage angel scrap inbetween don't you think?


Some more close up shots of which I think they came out quite pretty:


another tiny chest of drawers that I painted white with an inspiration cork board on top which I also painted white and pinned on it another thing I love to collect: Black Silhouettes! If you also love some of the things I love and collect you might like to check out my pinterest boards where I collect pictures of things I love and collect that inspire me here: http://pinterest.com/boxwoodcottage/


 Old sewing supplies, wooden rulers and stamps also belong to the things that inspire me





and scissors, old tape measure, silver glitter and so much more and I think my love for top hats always shows


And lastly a pic of a cute old suitcase in which I collect happy little things for a swap that I owe a dear blogging friend for some time now:

Phew now I just hope to have broken my blogging blockade with this post and will be able to do another post soon. I have so may pictures to share that it is quite overwhelming.

Wishing you all a great Where bloggers create party this weekend and don't forget to visit Karen and all the other creative bloggers sharing the inspiring spaces where they create here:

xoxo~ Carola

P.S.: If you are new here and like to see more photos of my studio space please visit my flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxwoodcottage/sets/72157603980980932/with/7563836318/
and if you also have a vintage inspired creative space I'd be delighted to welcome you in my flickr group here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/vintage_inspired_studios/

71 comments:

Alexandra Eitel said...

Tolle Bilder Carola wenn ich mir die so ansehe hätte ich vielleicht doch nicht aufräumen sollen. Irgendwie hat das Chaos voll seinen Charm.
liebe Grüße Alexandra

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

You know I love your studio Carola - wonderful as always. Lots of goodies to create with. Very cosy and inspiring.
Thanks for sharing and so good to see you back.
You have been missed.
xo Tina

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

So beautiful! I am now following you because you are on the WBC list! Your creative and inspirational items are a lot like mine, ie....vintage typewriter, sewing machine,...also your drawing artist's doll and wooden hand!

Hope you'll stop in to visit with me and have a peek at my home studio space too! I would love to come and play in yours.....gorgeous.




Ciao Bella.
Creative Carmelina

Mary Ellen said...

What a wonderful Studio! I love all those darling vintage toy sewing machines. Then those vintage typewriters....so neat! What a great space!

bee blessed
mary

Michaele said...

Carola, 1) welcome back and 2) thank you for sharing photos of your lovely studio. Your rooftop windows spotlight everything beautifully. My family often wonders how I go about choosing which materials and supplies are displayed in my crafty nook and which are stored away. My displays change a little each season, but many things are put away just because I don't have the surfaces to display them nor the time and patience to dust them.

:)

My post will be live at 12:01 tomorrow morning- I do hope you'll drop by Twigs and Tulle and say hello.

Michaele

http://twigsandtulle.blogspot.com/

Mosaic Magpie said...

Could I come over and sit on that daybed for about 3 weeks? I love your space and that printer's tray painted cream is a beauty!
Deb

The Feathered Nest said...

Carola, I love, love your studio!!! So many treasures and so much inspiration! Don't you love it that where ever your eyes fall, there is something precious and inspiring?? I love seeing your collections and how you've displayed them. That tiny piece of furniture that you keep your trims in is AMAZING! I love small things...thank you so much for sharing so many great pics, and I'm so glad you're back!! hugs and love, Dawn

Doni said...

Hello Carola,
And welcome back to the land of blog! I'm so glad you joined again this year and got the blog/blockade open again!
Your room is terrific! I especially love the lighting....oh I'm jealous of those windows!!
I'm an eye candy lover, so your space is wonderful to me! I must also have my special lovelies out to be injoyed and give inspiration!
blessings,
Doni

Maureen said...

I was worried you wouldn't be participating this year, so I am delighted to see you did make it! Yours was my favorite creative space last year... Love the top hat collection, and all your wonderful antique treasures. I know I will be returning many times like last year to drool over all the many beautiful details.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! Amazing eye candy everywhere!! I can see why it motivates you - fun times in your space! Thanks for sharing!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Hello Sweet Carola,
I, too, have to have my vignettes of inspiration on display. That is "me". I enjoyed peeking into your wonderful studio; thank you for sharing.
:)
~Becca~

Sandra Kaye said...

Wow!! such a wonderful space!! I love the print tray filled with yumminess. If you need to make room.. you can always send me your baby sewing machines. I love them and collect them !! (giggle) hugs

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay Carola,

Wauw...your space is amazing!
I love old vintage materials....
and your old typewriter is so nostalgic.

Thank you fro sharing with us..

Please take a look into my world...

Love and happiness from
Marijke from Holland

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Good morning my dear Carola, I'm so happy to visit your beautiful studio again. You have so many fabulous vignettes and there is lots of inspiration everywhere. It's certainly not a bad idea to have so many supplies in sight because I often forget about the things I've stored away, LOL. I love that there is so much beauty to see on your walls and hope to fill up some of my empty wall spaces in my studio soon.
Your new vintage telephone is awesome. What a great find!!!
Have a wonderful weekend! I wish I could send you over some sunshine and some degrees of our hot weather. I'd gladly take some rainy days in exchange :-).
I'll e-mail you soon.
Big hugs to you,
Julia

BK Design said...

Liebe Carola,
schön, daß ich Deinen Blog entdeckt habe!Ich bin begeistert von deinem creative space! Traumhaft schön und so gemütlich und persönlich gestaltet! Traumhaft!! Ab heute hast Du eine neue Leserin.
Liebe Grüße aus dem Süden in den Norden
Belinda

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh my goodness! You have an amazing collection of beautiful things! I could sit in that room for days and drink it all in. So beautiful and so many little details that are sheer perfection. I love that it's all out in plain sight (unlike your daughter who wishes you'd put some of it away). So I'm with you! Leave it out for inspiration.

June said...

you have no idea how excited I was to see that you came to the party my sweet friend Carola. You are always so missed when you are gone!!!!
I just knew that your studio would be beautiful again this year. I just go over and over your photos so I don't miss one detail of your amazing space.
I am of the same opinion as you, I love having things all out so I can see them and be inspired by them all.
hugs from me...

Dragonfly Treasure said...

OK Give me a minute to clean up the drool from my keyboard!
I love your space! Such eye candy and inspiration! I think I spent over an hour just looking at all your goodies!
Simply gorgeous!
*hugs*deb

Isisjem said...

Thanks for sharing again. So many wonderful treasures. I love the two small chests you have stacked on top of each other.

Sandy said...

Amazing to say the least. Love your
collections and the top hats are
to die for!
Great, busy space!
Sandy

Sandy said...

Love, love, love it all! My favorite thing is the whimsical crumpled top hat on the globe. Love top hats in general, I hope to someday find the perfect vintage one in gray. Thank you for sharing.

Deb S said...

OMgosh you have a wonderful space with wonderful collections! I think i could spend hours in there. Thanks for sharing and I'd love to see you hop by my space!

Priscilla said...

I've just spent my entire morning looking at your workroom (before and after) on your blog, and your flicker pictures. I have many of the same elements in my workroom, but yours is inspiring me to do even more with mine. I've had your blog on my Google Reader for a long time, and didn't realize I wasn't "following" your blog. I've corrected that and also "followed" you on Pinterest.
Thanks for a fun and profitable morning.

Teacup Mosaics said...

Welcome Back! Your studio is just amazing! It looks like a artist wonderland. Thanks for sharing.
Kelley

Kathy said...

How wonderful, I dearly love your creative space and I can see how you stay so inspired. Great job. Drop by for a peak. Kathy

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Wow!!! What a place! So impressive and inspirational. ; )
~Michele

Blessed Serendipity said...

I really enjoyed browsing through your lovely studio. Every detail is just gorgeous. I'm linked up to the party too. I hope you'll drop by.

blessings,
Danielle

Inn Country said...

I love visiting you all the time and to see everything is just amazing. I love every photo. thanks for sharing it with us.

have a beautiful day Lisa

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Carola
It is so exciting to visit here! You have the most exquisite vignettes displaying all of your wonderful vintage treasures (including that recent telephone acquisition)!
Your studio looks wonderful to me with everything out where you can see all the wonder and magic for inspiration - at least that is the way I like it too!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful studio and artwork.
I will now be following you too!
Hugs and happiness,
Suzy

just me... jan said...

Okay darlin'...I'm a bit of a minimalist myself, BUT your space is fanfreakintastic! I can't do anything without music blaring out loud and strong around me...if I were in your room, with my "tunes" spinnin', I swear I wouldn't come out of there for three months! You've managed to cull some real gems during your lifetime of treasure hunting...I'm jealous! I, too, am a HUGE fan of black and white...have an entire room devoted to it in my home...wish I had a few of your "gems" on this side of the ocean! Oh well!! Time to wipe the drool from my chin sweetie...I'm off to view your flickr pics...do ya think I'll need a baby bib? ROFLOL

just me...sending HUGE snaps from Texas...jan

Robin said...

Oh my GOSH, I LOVE your ceiling/walls...so airy and spacious. Just absolutely love your whole space! I also really like your touches of whimsy...as a teacher, I loved the top hat on the globe, LOL!!

Thanks for the tour!

Robin
Soggy Bottoms Baby Duds blog

Robin said...

Hi, OMG I LOVE your ceiling/walls!!!!!!!! So light and airy...I just LOVE your whole space!!

As a teacher, I was tickled with your top hat on the globe - made me laugh!

Thanks for the tour!

Robin
Soggy Bottoms Baby Duds blog

Eva Agnes said...

Hello Carola.
thank you for sharing your wonderful attic studio.
Full of lovely creations and supply.
I get a lot of inspiration from you and your work.
Hugs
Eva Agnes

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your studio, Carola! I could see your love for top hats within the first few pictures. I think it's wonderful that you have your things out and hanging on the wall. It wouldn't be your studio without it! I love the large printer's trays you have on the wall holding your things. I think you've got a great space! Thanks for sharing your tour!

Diana Seal said...

Awesome space Carola! I been following your blog for quiet a while now, you are truly an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing!
Diana

lynn said...

such an amazing studio, carola! LOVE the chalkboard with the hands, the top hat on the globe, the printers tray, typewriter, but, most of all your dressform! so sweet! thanks so much for sharing your lovely space!

Anne said...

pretty space! Thank you for sharing it!

xox

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Carola,

Your space is fabulous, as I would have guessed. And yes, I definitely need my inspiration to be visible.

Hugs,
Judy

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Dear Carola, you know I adore your home and studio! I am once again drooling over my keyboard as I take in all the loveliness!!! So much beauty, charm, and inspiration! I love each and every one of your sweet vignettes!! Thank your for another peek into your amazing studio space!
Hugs,
Michelle
p.s. I haven't blogged for months, either! I guess I just need to make myself. It always feels a bit awkward for me after a long absence, but I miss blogging. It's calling me back!

Francy said...

Your art is far too beautiful to hide away! Please keep on sharin with us!

Rita Barakat said...

Such a gorgeous room with SO MANY fabulous things to look at!!!! WOW!

Bobbie said...

From top to bottom...side to side...your space is filled with such beautiful whimsy!! If my vote counts...I am with you...I need to have all my treasures out in view..it helps create inspiration.
I have always enjoyed your blog and it was another fun visit. Thank you for sharing. Best Wishes, Bobbie

Louise (Elsie May and Bertha) said...

Another studio I want to move into, and yours has a daybed. There's too much lovely stuff for me to mention every thing that I like, but I think I can say that your little chests of drawers that you have. These must be so useful for storing all those little bits and pieces.
Thank you for the look around your lovely room.

Jan E O said...

Smiled when you said your daughter like things tidy. My son's house is spartan in my opinion, but he said he finds too much stuff stressful. I have to give him consumables or I am wasting my money. Now if I make it he will keep it out of love I guess. Love you great place and thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

Your entire studio is gorgeous, Carola and I saw about 100 things I love, but that telephone is my favorite!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

fairyrocks said...

Your space is delightful. I could spend hours just peeping into every corner. I too am a visual organizer so it is candy to my eyes to see everything displayed. Love your wooden drawers and chests. The printers tray is gorgeous. I would love to 'Pin' your dress form onto my 'Alice has sisters board'. Would that be okay?
Keep smiling and creating, awesome goodness thanks for sharing

Helena White said...

What a fantastic creative space you have! I love all the vintage treasures on display. I am drooling over the cream colored printers tray. I so enjoyed your tour and I hope you continue to blog ~ I think you have a lot to offer.


❤ ஆєℓєηα
Memory Box Creations

Romeo said...

What is it about black and white with a touch of aged brown that makes my heart skip a beat?!? I LOVE that color combination and your studio presents it VERY well! Loving all your displays which will let you know I also agree that while neat and orderly is fine (for stuff you don't want to see) what inspires should be left out to continue to inspire!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your studio with us! Welcome back to blogging! Now I must also make a note to check out your Pinterest board!

"Her" and Romeo

Tamatha said...

You have a lovely space with so many beautiful things! Thanks for sharing!

Lovey said...

Carolann you have so many beautiful things to behold...love the vintage sewing machines! Everything is so wonderful...Pls stop by as well...

JoeyLea said...

I love it! I get harrassed because Ooollldd sewing machines just seem to find me. Your space is so real - you can see what you have - not just put in totes and cabinets. Real is good. I will be a follower as soon as I am finished leaving a comment:) Feel free to stop by my blog as well. I love how this brings like-minded creative people together. We are each our own, and all different.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Kathy said...

I love the way you display all your treasures - especially that globe with the top hat. I love that! Thank you for sharing.

Carole said...

Ah finally here I've wanted to come by for days. I was saving the very best studios for last. I knew you would not disappoint and I will study these as if there is a test tomorrow:) haha. I really want to get my studio ( I just normally call it a craft room) fixed up this year. I just decided after WBC this time that I need to revamp. Not to be in it next year just for me. You are a big inspiration for me and you always have been.
I debate too... do I leave it out or put it away. I think leaving it out does help to remember what you have. The trick is to display it as you have.
I just trying showing hubby my plans for my room....I don't think he cares...haha wonder why I love bloggers so much;-)
Ok I've babbled enough.

hugs
Carole

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I love all your creative clutter - it that a Trumpet??! And the skylight is wonderful. I enjoyed my visit so much, Thank you!

einfallsReich said...

ooooohh, aaaaaaahh, wow ... UNGLAUBLICH ... dein paradies der inspiration!!!
ich muss gleich nochmal gucken ;-))
herzliche grüße & wünsche an dich
amy

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Hello Carola, it's so lovely to see your beautiful home, there is so much to feast one's eyes on! I've just given you the Kreativ Blogger award - hop on over to mine to collect and pass on if you so wish! Happy weekend :) Sharon

Linda K. said...

Wow! This sounds old and used but I absolutely love and adore your creative wonderland! What a great place to come to and create! Love, Love, Love every inch!

Linda

TiffanyJane said...

Hello Carola!!

Creativity abounds in your home!!!! I would love to hop in and play, soooo many goodies to look at!!!!
Love, love, love it all!!

xoxox Tiff

marie said...

What a marvelous studio you have. It's filled with beauty and inspiration...and top hats!! :) LOVE the top hats!!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

My "hats off" to you! Love your studio. I am so glad to have found your blog and am your newest follower!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

Something Special said...

You have truly inspired me. I love the studio where you create. I am a new follower here.

Magic Gypsy said...

I love your studio - the colours are wonderful. The top hats are great, I keep looking for at least one, but they're so hard to find here. I like to have my clutter around when I create - it's inspirational.

Sharon Morrison said...

just a perfect place to create. I love it and the sky lights.

Shell said...

Lovely workspace Carola!
I feel right at home! Love all your treasures,,all the Vintage goodness! I'll be you have quite a Dresden stash living where you do!

My mom and her family lived in Bremen for a little while before moving to America!

I'll be following,,,,not you'd just better post! : )

Stop by my little Studio, I'm sure you'd enjoy a few of my treasures too! Thanks for Sharing!

Tschuss!
Shell

SUSAN HEMANN said...

I just love your studio and the way it is decorated with all your favorite things. My daughter would prefer my studio be nice and tidy too. TO bad lol I use everything in my studio either for inspiration or to make things. It is my haven. Perhaps, if, I ever get it looking so neat as yours I will share. I did post my studio as a mess on my blog just for kicks.

My Casa Bella said...

What a great space! Our last house I had a nice big crafting space, now we've moved and I have half that space now so I have to be creative and use every inch in the best way, either way it's my space to create and I love having it.
MCB

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Carola!
I'm so glad to see you back, I have missed you. But what a gorgeous feast of eye candy you have given us here.
I keep going back and back and always find something I missed before! Your studio is amazing, so filled with beautiful treasures and your gorgeous creations. Just wonderful!
Hugs,
Patti

Anita said...

Hey!
Wow ich wusste gar nicht dass du so viele antike Nähmaschinen hast! Sehr inspirerend alles in deinem Studio! ;-)
Ich freu mich auf die neuen Gartenbilder!
Viele liebe Grüße
Anita

Karen Valentine said...

Carola I enjoy my visit to your studio every year and this was no exception!!! There are so many things to look at I have to go through it twice!! Thank you so much for joining the party and letting us all enjoy it!!
xo,
Karen

Maureen Hayes said...

Carola,

This is my first year following WBC and I was determined to visit every blog, so please forgive me the late visit. I am so glad to have found your blog and your studio! I love many of the same things you do so I was glued to the pictures throughout. I have not learned to solder yet but it is something I have been interested in for awhile now. Seeing the lovely things you have created only makes me more interested in learning!

I LOVE your collections of vintage sewing machines, top hats, your old typewriter and that wonderful old phone you found recently. Your dress form is to die for! I simple LOVE your space, and I know your daughter will hate me, but I agree with you, I like to have my vignettes out to inspire me as well (although mine are nowhere near as nice as yours!).

I am now following your blog and would love to keep in touch. My mother's family is all from Germany and I always wished to visit there.

Thank you so much for sharing your space with all of us, I enjoyed it!

Mike said...

It's funny because me and my mom are the exact opposite. My mom wants everything neat and orderly like your daughter does. I on the other hand like when things are all over the place. If our toys aren't out in the open how can we enjoy them?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails