Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Wonderful April review & Happy first of May!


We had the 4th warmest April since the beginning of statistical weather records in 1881 and that really shows because nature is 4 weeks ahead of her time and everything is green and lush :)


We had so many warm and sunny days with temps over 20°C/68°F



I just love my purple tulips :)


The lilcas are in bloom

and the spanish Lavender in a pot:


 Don't you also think the clematis montana rubens looks quite similar to the flowers my sister had once painted onto the pottery ball below?


The Spring flowers in the wire basket in the next photo that I planted in February are beginning to look a bit sad by now, but I do still love them:


And here comes the April view through my two rose arcs with the boxwood roundabout


It's so good to see the blue sky and the Clematis montana rubens in full bloom with the lilac tree in the background. It's one of my favorite Spring sights in the garden:


 The whole garden looks very lush and green and all trees got their foliage early and many are still in bloom. It's an especially wonderful April this year! Feels a bit like Summer in April sometimes :)


 Forget me nots are blooming in abundance in every border this April :)



The daffodils in the big border above, planted last fall came out so pretty!


Of course since this year Easter was very late on April 20th there had to be a bit of Easter decor here and there in the garden too:


We spent Easter Sunday at my sisters home in the countryside where the geese are running free in her orchard:


As you can see in the photo above Easter Sunday was the most wonderful warm and sunny day and we had the Easter "egg"(free) hunt as well as our vegan lunch and coffee and cake in the afternoon outside in the garden, which was such a treat especially compared to last year, were we still had frost at snow at Easter, although it was early in March.


Some beautiful April garden blooms close up. The purplish auricula above and the pure white bleeding heart below:


 Following are the buds of my Eden rose, I can't remember of ever before having had such big rose buds in April, so they will start blooming this week already :)


Happy first of May dear blogging friends & readers - I hope a few of you are still outside there, also my blog is still not updating in the side bars of blogs were I'm linked up with :(  - and I wish you all a wonderful & happy garden month of May! :)

xoxo~ Carola

I'm sharing this post with:

Garden Party No. 1/2014 at Tracies Fishtail Cottage blog 

18 comments:

Pearl said...

Everything looks so beautiful!!! The pansies & forgetmenots are a favorite of mine too :)

It is a special treat to have such a nice April, so I'm glad you did <3

Pearl

Menagerie Soaps said...

I'm at my desk at work eating lunch and I feel like I just took a stroll through a garden. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Blondie's Journal said...

I think we have had the opposite weather! Here in the Midwest (U.S.), we've had the coldest April in a very long time! I'm just starting to have daffodils blooming and the tulips are not long behind.

I am so loving your beautiful garden and stunning photography. I love the picture of your arbor surrounded by shrubs. You are quite the talented gardener. As a new follower I really am admiring your talents! :)

XO,
Jane

Blondie's Journal said...

I think we have had the opposite weather! Here in the Midwest (U.S.), we've had the coldest April in a very long time! I'm just starting to have daffodils blooming and the tulips are not long behind.

I am so loving your beautiful garden and stunning photography. I love the picture of your arbor surrounded by shrubs. You are quite the talented gardener. As a new follower I really am admiring your talents! :)

XO,
Jane

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Good morning, Carola.

I think if we were to take a closer look, we'd see fairies dancing in this gorgeous garden!

So happy that your blog is now scrolling up in my sidebar. Always a joy to visit you!

xo,
Lin

lynn said...

it's always a treat when you post, carola:) beautiful gardens--i just planted an eden climbing rose. we've had a cold, wet spring so far. it's lovely to see your blooms:) happy weekend!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Carola ~ thank you so much for linking up your gardens to the Fishtail Cottage's garden party...oh my gosh, I can't get over how dreamy your place is over here! I wish I could visit in person! xoox, tracie

Alexandra Eitel said...

Hallo meine Liebe,
bei dir blüht es aber auch schön :)
Und dein Blog aktualisiert sich ja wieder auf meiner Liste :)
Toll sehen deine Bilder aus!
Ich wünsche dir auch frohes werkeln im Garten.
liebe Grüße Alexandra

The Rustic Victorian said...

What a lovely garden and spring you are having. So magical!
Marcie

vivian said...

omg! your gardens are just amazingly beautiful! I dont have a clue what Im doing when it comes to outside work. plus Im lazy! lol! I am looking forward to planting a few things though, if it ever warms up here. Still staying in the low 50's mostly.. and lots of rain...
blaaah!
have a great sunday!
xoxo
vivian

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hello my dear Carola, Your spring garden looks just gorgeous!!! I love all your flowers. It's such a great mixture and I always adore your garden landscaping. You've created a magical place, my friend.
I'm very happy to see that your blog updates again on the sidebars :).
Have a wonderful and sunny week!
xoxo,
Julia

Ms Misantropia said...

Oh my, what a beautiful garden you have! I'm blown away.

Leslie's Garden said...

I always look forward to your garden posts. Looks like the wait was worth it, your spring is so pretty and colorful.

Naturegirl said...

Carola!
I was so happy to see you had stopped by my blog to re-connect! Since I don't post regularly I have lost touch with many of my blogging pals. So sad.
Your garden and home photos never cease to amaze me! So much time and care given to each element, plant, arrangement!
Your garden still the bomb for me! Love it!
Here it has been so cold, our Spring bulbs just this week are poking through the ground...Hurray just in time for Mothers Day!
I wish you A happy Mother's Day in the sunny month of May!
Love and light Anna

Fishtail Cottage said...

Wow - love your photo's ~ so much inspiration in your garden...please do come over and join Fishtail Cottage's garden party! would love to see you share! ooxx, tracie

Ivy and Elephants said...

Carola, your garden is a heavenly paradise! Everything is so beautiful, I'd like to sit down in the middle an enjoy it all. Your photographs are just amazing, I think I can smell the flowers from here! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Patti

classesncamps said...

all photos are simply extraordinary....nice work...

Justine said...

Dear Carola,
Your garden is STUNNING!!!and your pictures of flowers are gorgeous:) It must be wonderful to look at such an amazing place every day:)
Have a lovely week:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails