Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday and Junque swap

This weeks Show and Tell Sunday theme hosted by Cerri is "Show us your Vintage bling".

Well I don't have much bling to share, but I show you what I have and if Vintage rhinestone buttons count as bling here are a few of my favorites:




This week I was very lucky and got some more Vintage bling from my new friend and swap partner in Heather Pretty Petal's "Junque in my Trunk" swap LiLi from the Netherlands, in the next picture it is mixed with the ones I already had:



Seeing that I don't have so much bling yet I have no special places or boxes to store it, but the bling I got from LiLi came in the most gorgeous Vintage rose tin ever:



But this isn't all sweet LiLi has sent to me, I got the biggest swap packet ever and so gorgeously wrapped already from the outside, I love the scrabble tiles saying JUNQUE:


Inside was this giant pink polka dottet box wrapped beautifully with black lace, a black millinery rose and a delightful Victorian hand tag made by LiLi :




Everything was wrapped enchanting and with beautiful decorated tags and lace like these earrings:



This is was what I found when I opened the big box, I was overwhelmed when I saw all those wonderfully wrapped parcels:






It was so much fun to unwrap all these pretties:



Afterwards my table was full of amazing swap goodies one prettier than the other:



This was better than Christmas or birthdays I can tell you!
You can click on all of the pictures to enlarge them and see all the details:


LiLi has made me a sweet needle cushion in a little Vintage rose cup and a lace bag with pink Vintage gloves inside:

I also got black and cream pompom trims which I love and old tarte tins which I look forward to use in my Advent decoration next season, well there was so much in that parcel it was just awesome!





But the best of the whole parcel to me is this magnificent collaged "Boxwood Cottage Portfolio" made by LilLi especially for me, which I simply adore:



It has a sweet inscription typed with LiLi's new Vintage typewriter:


And it is filled with Vintage sheet music, book pages, postcards, wallpaper and emphemera:


I'm looking forward to use these in future projects.
Thank you so so much for this fabulous swap dear LiLi I love it all!
Have a great upcoming week everyone! Spring has finally sprung here today and I worked in the garden and I'm looking forward to a new garden post soon!
Carol(a) xoxo

16 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Hi Carol,
You have made such beautiful pictures! It was so much fun to search things for you and to wrap it all up in pink, black and white. That old rose tin was simply yelling: To Carol, to Carol! I was fond of it myself, but these are just the best things to give away, as I thought you simply must like it! I'm so looking forward to see what you are going to do with the ephimera, have fun!
ps. last minute I was very in doubt whether you would like that pink polka dot. To me it was that kind of vintage that was a little american, something we didn't have in the 50ties, but which gives us that 50-ties feeling. Anyway I saw everybody with antiquish boxes, I felt a bit more certain when I saw a parcel wrapped by you in your Flickr!
mmm I should have mailed you I'm talking to much here!
Have a nice week and thank you for your warm words and your lovely post. hugs L.

sherry said...

What a wonderful swap partner you had. She certainly sent beautiful items. Thanks for sharing all your pretties!

Barbara at Oodles and Oodles said...

Loved seeing all your sparkly things. You really had a great swap partner in LiLi!

Scrappy Jessi said...

so so gorgeous!!!
what lovely jewels!!
oxooxx,
jessi

Beth Leintz said...

Oh my gosh- what a wonderful "junque trunk" you got from Lili-I love pink & black together. The tin is just beautiful and the special portfolio- oh my- everything is just wonderful!

Your jewels are beautiful too- and I really like the sheet music behind it.

Lori said...

hi Carol:) i love all of your pretty bling...and the goodies you got from LiLi are so wonderful, that tin is simply stunning and the portfolio that she made is GORGEOUS!!!

cherished*vintage said...

Love your pretty jewels. You got such lovely goodies from Lili! Have fun creating!
-Karoline

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

WOW! HOW FUN... I FELT LIKE I WAS OPENING THEM WITH YOU!!
Honestly, I don't know what "I" liked best?!!!! Luckyduck!
Lea

Alisa said...

Everything is so gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing!
Alisa

Ulla said...

Pretty amazing BLING to me! Wow, and the gift, I mean gifts are so YOU! You asked about my carousel, if they turn, yes, we put 'lazy susan's' on the bottom when they are all done, so that they turn when you push them. Do you have such a thing in Germany as Lazy Susan's???
Hugs from Ulla

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Wow!!! What an amazing swap package. You are soooo lucky!!!! Hope all is well with you. It's beena while since I've stopped by, but plan on visiting more often!

Lis said...

Das ist ja wirklich wie Weihnachten und Geburtstag auf einen Tag gelegt! Lili hat sich wirklich sehr viel Mühe gemacht um so schöne Dinge für dich zu finden.
Wenn das mit deinen Swaps so weitergeht, wirst du eines Tages noch anbauen müssen!:-)
LG Lis

mendytexas said...

I am just having the BEST time looking through all your jewels and art pieces! What fun!
:)mendy

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello Carol! Thank you for your sweet note on my blog! Your bling is very beautiful! I always have admired your many scrumptious photos! =)
hugs to you!

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Very pretty bling~ And all your swap items received are so nice. Your partner made such lovely things for you! We're still waiting for spring, seems as if the winter rains will never stop (here in Oregon!).
*Heidi*

The Apron Queen said...

Couldn't stay away for S&T Sunday! Missed the button challenge, so decided to show off my vintage buttons! You can go right over here.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

PS Gorgeous swap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails