Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Marie Antoinette Birthday Soireé



Welcome to todays Marie Antoinette's birthday soireé dear readers!
Joy of Cupid Charm
http://cupidscharm.blogspot.com/ has invited me and many other creative blogging friends from all over the world to contribute to Marie Antoinette's birthday party on her blog today so I created some new Marie Antoinette ornaments especially for this event:



I made Marie Antoinette soldered jewelry pendants in all shapes and sizes before and also a Marie Antoinette art paper doll, but for her party today I found it important to invent something new. You may remember the shape of these ornaments from my last post where I showed you a Christmas Ornament in the same shape (the template for the shape is out of Julie Collings book Pretty little felts). I think this shape also fits to the former Queen of France because it has a barock and royal feeling to me:



Please enlarge the photos by clicking on them to see all the details. The blue flocked one below is my fave of these wallpaper ornaments. Do you have a fave one too?



I further used the glass caps/protectors which I already made the turquoise L ornament in my last post from to make two more pink MA ornaments. They are both two sided and I tried my best to make them pretty from all sides which the famous french Queen deserves, because she loved all things pretty in pastel colors, gold and silver.




This actually is the back side on one of the pendants:



And here you see it from the front (click to enlarge):



This is the front of the other one. Cheers Marie!



And this is the back:





They turn around all the time when hanging and it was fun to take pictures from all angels:



I really like the look of them hanging from the chandelier in my living room:



I hope you liked my contributions to the party and will check out the blogs and creations of Cupid Charm where you can also find the links to all the other party participants!


Have a fantastic start into November my friends!


Hugs Carola xox

48 comments:

Linda Crispell said...

So many pretty things!

Janeen said...

Bon anniversaire Marie Antoinette! Content à vous pourrait venir au parti!
Janeen

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am losing my head over your beautiful creations!

GABRIELA DELWORTH said...

Hello Carola,

OMG!!! Love all these Marie designs, just amazing!
All the details, elegance...

~ Gabriela ~

Maija said...

It's all so beautiful!

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

everything is beautiful!!!

Marie said...

Your creations are just lovely.

Valerie said...

I love your blog! You always have such great stuff and your Marie Antoinette items are fantastic.

steviewren said...

Ma chère, your ornaments are tres magnifet! Certainly, they are magnificent gifts for the Queen on her birthday.

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Carola!! What a wonderful idea!! Your Marie ornaments are BEAUTIFUL and you've crafted them with such attention to detail. I am SURE that Marie would love them! Thank you for participating in the Soiree ~ xoxo ~ Joy

Lauren said...

Those pendants are so lovely I would love them all over my home!

Sandy Michelle said...

Everything is so beautiful! Happy Marie day:)

Sandy

Lori said...

thanks Carol!!! why doesn't my computer want to play nice with your blog...this is so frustrating!!! your Marie post is gorgeous...i love those ornaments that you made!!!

LiLi M. said...

Your ornaments and your pendants are too good to be true! And I have to tell you that I don't have a favourite, I love them all! Have a great week!

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey doll,
gorgeous post!!! i love all your creations!! so beautiful.
oxoxo,
jessi

Kathy said...

Your ornaments are so beautiful...what a wonderful post!!!

Fete et Fleur said...

Lovely creations!! My favorite is your favorite. If you would like to use the image of Marie, please feel free. I would love to see what you do with it.

Nice to meet you too!
Nancy

Katie said...

My, you do lovely work! Inspiring! Creative!

Jenni B said...

Carola, so beautiful! I just love those pendants. Sooo Marie! Gorgeous!

Jenni B

Shell said...

Such lovely ornaments. Worthy of a queen.

misspvc said...

Oh such lovely ornaments and pieces of beauty! I personally love the first wallpaper ornament! tres chic and so pink!!!
Please stop by my blog and enter my giveaway
Patti V

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh what a lovely post and such beautiful artwork! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

Holly

Sher said...

The Ornaments are just beautiful!! I just love them - I would love to have those on my Christmas tree this year!! xo

Naturegirl said...

Beautiful decadent filled with charm!
Having visited Versailles while in Paris recently these are exquisite gems that Marie Antonette herself would have loved!

I will soon do a post on Versailles and it's extensive gardens!
Es umarmt Dich..aNNa

Marie Antionette said...

What beautiful pendants.You are very talented .I've enjoyed my visit here.Hugs Marie Antionette

Lorrie said...

Your ornaments are beautiful. I, too like the blue one the best. Your work is beautiful!

Lorrie

silvermoon said...

Hi
Very nice pendants! I like them. So romantic! :-)
Greetings from switzerland
Claudine

Birgit said...

Hallo Carola, zauberhafte neue Dinge hast Du gewerkelt. Hier und auch im letzten Post. Wirkt alles soooo romantisch.
LG Birgit

KarenHarveyCox said...

What a beautiful post for such a lovely tribute. Wonderful soiree. Karen

Dawn said...

Yummy ornaments, Carola.....!

MizSmoochieLips said...

They are all so gorgeous, I'm not sure which one is my favorite!! And of course, you know... I love that you finish your "backsides" too! You are always such an inspiration with all your pretty creativeness, my dear!
Much Love!

Anonymous said...

Was für wundervolle Anhänger Du zauberst...
Hast Du einen Shop, wo man die käuflich erwerben kann???
Oder einen Laden in Bremen, so weit wäre das nicht für mich... ;o)

Liebe Grüße
Katja
(findusg@gmx.de)

Sugar Bear said...

Such gorgeous and lovely creations! Your artwork is always amazing.
Karla

Michelle said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!

Michelle :)

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

WOW!

M ^..^

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your pendants are so very lovely. As pretty on the back as they are on the front. I think Marie would have loved them. Twyla

mendytexas said...

Your pendants are fabulous!! I love the Marie A. theme...how fun! You always inspire me!!
:)Mendy

Cape Cod Memories said...

Such beautiful creations, Carola! I love your artistic style!
Hugs to you! =)
-Beachy

Donna O. said...

These are beautiful Carola!!! Marie would scoop all of these up!!
D.

Merci-Notes said...

Oh Carol,
Your work is so beautifully done!! Absolutely gorgeous!
Congratulations on getting into Artful Blogging!!! :) I will look for it! (jan. 1?)

I recieved my prize from you!!! I have to take pictures before I open it !! Torture to wait!
Hugs,
Mary

Southern Fried Cupcakes~ said...

You are a very creative person...I found your blog by accident and am glad I did~
Can't wait to read more...

Xo Kelly

the voice of melody said...

Those are beautiful creations! What a talented woman you are.

Many sweet blessings!

One Crabapple said...

And you are still making BEAUTIFUL things I see...!

Thank you for the recent comment re: the election here.

Love Always,S.

Lynne Laura said...

Bummer, I missed the soiree...serves me right for not coming over sooner!

You do beautiful work...really.

I am extending you an invitation to join the fun at my blog for the Santa challenge & giveaway. Hope you join in.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

Fliegenpilz-Gift(s) said...

Hallo Carola,

so nun kannst Du gucken, womit ich in letzter Zeit so beschäftigt war... Hilfe gar nicht mal so leicht in der Bloggerwelt, aber jetzt bin ich da!

Ich grüße Dich also mal von dieser Seite und freue mich schon auf Deine Anhänger!! :o)
Darf ich Dich verlinken?!

Liebe Grüße
Katja aus Lübeck

Deirdra Doan said...

Such a pretty Blog...I will look for you in the Artful Blogger!
Is it to late to post a Marie Antoinette?

Petit Coterie said...

Your ornaments are beautiful,thank you for sharing.

angel said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

www.smallbusinessavenues.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails