Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, October 26, 2008

New creations in felt, paper/cardboard and solder!

click on photo to enlarge it in full size


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear blog friends and readers!
I have some sparkling new creations to share with you today.



I'm still making these paper weights with moving parts inside, in the photo above I took a picture of them on my new pressed glass cake stand with pretty scalloped edging. The one in the picture below is custom made for my private swap with Sylvie of Babaprincesse.


The backside is covered with flocked wallpaper to safe the table from scratches.



Then next you'll see my work on the left and the beautiful shadow box on the right is the lovely work from my flickr friend Colleen Baptista. She sent it to me with directions on how to make these shadow boxes, so I that can make some too. Thanks again dear Colleen for your generosity and for sharing the "How to do's" with me!


This week was my goddaughters 18th birthday and I thought you'd might like to see what I made for her:


I had fun making her the scrabble tile Happy Birthday piece above spelling her full name and also the soldered pendant in the next photo:


She called me today to tell me how much she loves her new necklace and that all her friends finds it very stylish :)


I also made her this turquoise pendant for her room window with her initial letter inside. It sparkels wonderful in the ligth when it hangs in a window and moves a bit.


I recycled a paper glass protector cap (which I saved in a hotel on my latest journey to Greece ) for it and embellished it to my hearts content:


Think I'll create more of these ornaments because I can imagine them being very pretty Christmas ornaments as well. Speaking about ornaments leads me to the first photo in this post and to my latest etsy purchase the book "Pretty little felts" from Julie Collings. It's my new fave book after "Pretty little things" from Sally Jean and after my addiction to soldering jewelry I feel a new addiction to felt crafts coming up! Julie has a gorgeous style, really one of a kind and inspired me very much. See the ornament in the left lower corner of this photo? The template for it is in the book and I used it to make the ornament on top of this post. Julie also signed her book for me personally and sent me some of her pretty supplies which I simply love!

As always all my photos are clickable to enlarge them to see all the details!
The first project from Julie's beautiful book that I realised was the vintage felt fairy girl in the next picture:


And Julie also inspired me to start wool felting and making this little fellow after my own design.
May I introduce you to Mr. Frosty?


Another person who inspired me to create him is Crystal Hanehan from Vintage by Crystal. I simply adore all her whimsical spun cotton and cotton batting creations!
I'd be thrilled if you'd leave me some comments on what you thinik of my latest creations and tell me what are you working on at the moment?
Now I have to leave you again and keep creating, it's a pity that the weekend is almost over and I have to hurry up to finish some more creations.
See you again soon I guess!
Hugs Carola xox

20 comments:

Jeanne said...

Carol, your creations are quite wonderful!
xo
jeanne

Lis said...

Da weiß man ja gar nicht mehr wo man zuerst hinschauen soll. Ich muss mir das heute Abend mal in aller Ruhe anschauen, vor allem weil ich doch nicht alles lesen kann, leider!

LG Lis

countrygirl3031 said...

Good morning Carol ~ you are very talented and I love your creations! Very beautiful!

Hugz,
Michele

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I always love to see what you've made! You are very talented. I'm curious to see the books you are talking about :)

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello Carola! Your creations are always so lovely! You are the Queen of Dresden ~ I love how you incorporate it into your crafts! The glass cup caps make beautiful decorations!!! I do think you should make some for Christmas!
hugs!

Vintage by Crystal said...

What beautiful creations you make!! I love your paper weights and ornaments...they're just gorgeous! And you wool characters came out great and I'm so glad to have inspired you make Mr. Frosty! I really want to see more of your background "collage" of goodies that I'm assuming is your studio. I'll be adding you to my reader and looking through your archives! :)

Lorrie said...

Oh my, what wonderful things you've been creating. I love the ornament in the first picture. I'm hoping to create some ornaments this Christmas and that's the kind of thing I'm planning. I'll probably do something with old music paper since I have a ton of it.

And I'll have to check out the pretty felt book. I have Sally Jean's Pretty Little Things and need to get back to some soldering as well.

So many ideas, so little time!

Lorrie

Stefanie said...

Ah, das hast du also mit dem Untersetzter gemacht. Der Anhänger ist superschön geworden. Auch dieser Lisa-anhänger gefällt mir gut.Die kleine Shadowbox ist süß. Genau mein Fall.
Überhaupt warst du wieder mal total kreativ. Tolle Ideen.
Ich gratuliere auch, dass du im Artfulblogging gelandet bist... Toll, das hast du auch echt verdient, bei den ganzen tollen Bildern !
Liebe Grüße
Stefanie

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Carol,

All those designs are simply scrumptious !! What a beautiful display of creativity !!

~ Cynthia ~

KatCollects said...

The paperweights are beautiful! What a creative idea, I love them. Do you sell your items on Etsy? Maybe there is a link and I am just missing it. I messaged you below also that if you did not get your magazine yet I would be interested. Can't wait to ready through more of your beautiful blog.
Kathy

Carrie said...

Such beautiful things.

rochambeau said...

Your work looks beautiful Carol!
The paper weights are Spectacular!!!
xox
Constance

Couture de Papier said...

Stunning!

babaprincesse said...

liebe carola,

heute kam dein päckchen mit all den herrlichen schätzen,
vielen lieben dank!!!

ich bin überglücklich!!!

dürfte ich mir vielleicht das eine oder andere foto zum bloggen von dir ausleihen?

ganz liebe grüße
sylvie

Naturegirl said...

Carola: I love the new direction of your creativity! It looks like you are filled with inspiration! The creations you show today are lovely!
How cute is that snowman!!

Cerejas Cintilantes said...

sweet work =)
so beautiful!!
=*

Naturegirl said...

Carola I have been here before but wanted you to see Monet's garden now on my blog!

One Crabapple said...

oh Carol ! What a CUTE idea those paperweights are !

So clever and SO pretty !

Everything over here at your place looks so inviting and delicious. It makes me hungry for treats to eat to.

Marie Style !

xo-S

oldgreymare said...

oh my goodness, I made a fairy girl too, but gave her away before I took photo! See? kindred spirits?

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Such lovely things! Thanks so much for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails