Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, December 31, 2012

Vintage new years eve vignettes *~* Happy 2013 *~*


Celebrating New Years Eve in the studio tonight and thought I'd share some vignettes around the studio with you my dear readers


 As you can see I had fun playing with my old top hats, vintage suitcases, dolls, chalkboard and silver German glass glitter again


 I made the big 2013 with silver pipe cleaners


Of  course clockfaces some soldered, some real and others out of cardboard play a role in my new years vignettes as well as vintage old new years cards


Happy New Year to the world :)


 My old dressform got a vintage velevet top hat for the celebration adorned with a big black millinery flower, a silver border and and some vintage bling


 I think the black and white maskes are appropriate for the new years eve ball


Since it's Winter the snowmen are celebrating too ;-)


The paper maché balls and pine cones that I glittered are hanging from the studio chandelier adding some sparkle to the festive vignettes


I also glittered the small top hat for the china doll


Now after all these close ups I give you some wider views







Hope I brought you in the mood for a great party with these new years eve vignettes from my studio tonight and I'd like to wish you all good luck for the new year 2013!

Happy New Year 2013!

xoxo~ Carola

Sharing this post with:
 Debra's Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground blog

21 comments:

Creative Wings Boutique said...

WOW these r amazing
hugs

NanaDiana said...

Oh- How beautiful each and every image is- Blessings- xo Diana

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Beautiful... Happy New year!

Sheila Earhart said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for sharing your blog with us, I've been following you a long time, and I just love it!

Sheila in Oregon, USA

Twinkle Pink said...

What beautiful vignettes, I always love to see how you set everything out and look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations for this new year.

All my very best wishes for you for 2013.

Best wishes Ginny x

Naturegirl said...

Carola! I have followed your blog probably since you began blogging and I have delighted in watching you journey of new exciting creative projects evolve and grow. We have shared much in how we post our individual blogs and in visiting and commenting have made a friendsip connection. When I speak of various bloggers to others I refer to you as "my carolo..with the wonderful garden"
I wish you a Happy New Year dear friend filled with joy, happiness, and new adventures with your creative spirit!
Your vintage friend Anna xoxo

Diana Seal said...

Beautiful, Carola! It's always a joy when I visit your blog, your are such an inspiration!
Wishing you a Happy and Creative New Year!
Diana

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Happy New Year Carola!
I love, love, love all your beautiful New Year's vignettes! You are such a creative soul...and provide us all with wonderful inspiration. Sending joyful and happy thoughts...all good wishes for 2013.
Take care, Laura :)

Lululiz said...

Wonderful photographs, I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them and drooling over all the gorgeous treasures and beautiful vignettes.
Have a wonderful, happy, healthy and treasure filled 2013.

Lisa said...

Carola,
I love it all! I think I need to go borrow Philips magic hat again to stack them up! Happy New Year sweet friend.
Lisa

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Dear Carola, your studio is looking gorgeous and enchanting! I love your sparkling, fun new year decor!
Michelle xoxo

Rachel said...

So gorgeous!

Happy New Year :-)

Chantal said...

Happy New year Carola !
Thanks for all the beautiful things you share with us.
Chantal

Zuzu said...

Oh my!!! Everything is so beautiful, Carola! It takes me quite a while to read your blog posts, because I click on the photos to see everything up close. :)
I do not have a studio as our tiny cottage is only 375 square feet big, but one thing that I'll be doing in 2013 is making pretty boxes to keep my ribbons, little bits of paper, etc. neat and tidy.
Wishing you & yours a wonder-full 2013, with much joy and happiness!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Zuzu said...

Oh my!!! Everything is so beautiful, Carola! It takes me quite a while to read your blog posts, because I click on the photos to see everything up close. :)
I do not have a studio as our tiny cottage is only 375 square feet big, but one thing that I'll be doing in 2013 is making pretty boxes to keep my ribbons, little bits of paper, etc. neat and tidy.
Wishing you & yours a wonder-full 2013, with much joy and happiness!
Hugs,
Zuzu

~ Liz ~ said...

What a fun and intriguing studio. What beautiful items you have collected and displayed. Enjoy the new year. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy and creating!
Liz

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Love it all!

Maureen said...

Happy New Year to you as well Carola! I just ADORE your studio -- and love the tours showing all the different things you do for each holiday. A perfect place to create. Wishing you the very best in 2013!

sophie picoteuse said...

so beautiful
happy new year!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Happy New Year! I always love seeing your beautiful home and art. Also your pins on Pinterest. Looking forward to more in 2013.

8)(8 said...

I love the turquoise top hat. It is so Mad Hatter!!!

Everything is whimsical and fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails