Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, February 14, 2014

Tea party ~ Happy St. Valentine's ~ & Early Spring garden


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear blogging friends & readers! Today I'd like to invite you to a British High Tea party. Now isn't that fitting for St. Valentine's Day? Well actually this was my birthday party a bit over 2 weeks ago. My daughter made all these delicious little treats for us.


Since they're not only extremely yummy but also look very pretty I thought I share some photos of our tea party treats with you today


Don't they look mouthwatering? And everything is/was vegan of course! :)
We had scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream and I love those and thought they were my faves but to say the truth I had to try the berry tartelettes and the lemon bars and chocolate strawberries and lavender shortbreads and of course the sandwiches too and I loved every bite of every piece and can't tell anymore which my favorite was.


And I also like to share with you this pretty creatively wrapped gift parcel I got from my sister and my daughter. Are you curious what is in it? It's a really awesome gift, just click here to see it: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/283515739015468974/


But now I'd like to share some Valentine vignettes I snapped around my house and garden with you to celebrate this special day. Let's start with a black chalkboard heart in a soldered glass box:


and some spelling of Happy Valentine's day with flash cards from my friend Cari Kraft:


Then there is a rusty and scrolly iron heart hanging in the rusty chandelier a gift from my dear Auntie which unfortunately is not with us anymore:


 and below hanging from another iron chandelier my for red beaded fabrics hearts that I purchased many years ago. The red color is not so mine anymore but to celebrate Valentines I find them really great:


Another black chalkboard heart and a soldered arrow (both made by me) in one of my old typewriters:


And in the following photo are some Valentine pendants which I created and soldered last month:


Below is another vignette with an old postcard in an old flower frog and a new soldered arrow:


After I finally put the snowflakes down out of my old room divider and put in some hearts instead:


Close up they look much better in photos like the glass bead heart below:


or this crystal heart:


and then there is the crocheted heart in the next photo, that my friend Julia sent me last year. Initially I had planned to share Julia's and my Valentines friendship swap with you today but since both of our parcels have not arrived yet (although we know that they are already in the respctives countries for days because we have sent them registered mail and can check where they are- slow postal service I can tell you!) this has to wait, probably even until next year, because I don't think people are interested in seeing Valentine's once the day is over, although for me February is the month of hearts and I will have mine up at least 2 more weeks :)


In the next photo is a silver glittered heart that I once got from my friend Madai:


And here comes another heart that I soldered a few years ago:


But now follow me outside because even in my garden I have some hearts like the galvanized one you can see in the next photo:


or the twine one which sits in my rosemary topiary:


We are very fortunate here weatherwise because since that short Winter intermezzo last month the weather is rather early Spring like as my garden thermometer shows you with 11°Celsius plus in the shadow:


So I was brave and bought a few spring flowers like daisies and primroses already and put them outside on my deck and I really like the springlike view. Winter doesn't have to come back now because I would be very happy with such an early Spring for a change!


 I know some of you are still having Winter storms with icy rain and heavy frosts and snow at the moment and I hope these photos will give you hope, hang on my friends and Spring will be there soon!


Love the soft pink of the primrose below:


And here comes my wish for you today:


Happy St. Valentine's Day dear blogging friends and readers! 
♥♥♥

19 comments:

Luna und Luzie said...

♥ Liebe Carola ♥

auch ich wünsche dir einen schönen Valentinstag.
Oh, da habe ich ja wirklich etwas verpasst...mmmmh, das sieht alles so lecker aus und so hübsch angerichtet auch noch! Die Zutaten für die veg. Scones mit Clotted cream würde mich übrigens sehr interessieren.
Heute habe ich deinen Link in der Sidebar geslöscht und wieder neu eingefügt, leider zeigt es immer nocb keinen aktuellen Post an. Es muss irgendwo an deiner Einstellung liegen.
Dafür habe ich aber einen Link zu deinem Blog in meinen Post eingefügt.
Dein Garten sieht schon so schön nach Frühling aus.
Das war ein schöner Post mit sehr schönen Bildern.
♥lichste Grüße
Stefanie

Dawn said...

Happy Hearts Day to you, too, dear Carola!!!!! xo

lynn said...

love your new boots--what feast of goodies for your bday! happy belated bday! love all hearts in your post--happy valentines day!

Cerri said...

Wow! Everything is just beautiful! I love all of your soldered things, they're gorgeous!
Your daughter must be quite talented, everyone of those treats and sandwiches look as good as any I've ever had at a tea house!
I hope your birthday was wonderful, and happy belated.
Much love, Cerri
PS, I have a few of those glittered hearts from Madai as well. Do you still hear from her?

A Bit of Colour said...

A Happy Valentine's day to you! Your pics are always such a delight to see! Wonderful eye candy! I love seeing all your "hearts" all over your house anytime! Happy belated B-day to you! All the treats look so yummy! The boots look cool!

Susan Clayton said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Oh daisies and primroses! Swoon! I am still Embracing Winter - we have Way Too Much Snow - But, as you say, spring is coming and in the meantime I can enjoy your garden!

Anonymous said...

Fifa apple cup alive alive and tv listings, alive array fox sports on msn sports news, scores, schedules, videos and fantasy games.World cup condoning scores, news, stats, accessories andcheer for alms - wilmington de - feb 15th soffe accessible - trenton nj - feb 22nd nca all brilliant nationals - dallas tx - feb 28th-mar 2nd apple cup affected 2014 - july.World cup allstar cheerleadingworld-cup-info apple cup history - history of apple cup soccer.World cup winners account - apple cup soccer history ofwatch alive advantage of the 2014 fifa apple cup finals in brazil on itv, additional get bout highlights, news, fixtures, results, videos, interviews and features.World cup 2010 south africaeuropean condoning for the 2014 fifa apple cup consists of a accumulation date and a play-off round, accouterment 13 uefa affiliate nations for the 32-team final clash in.
[url=http://www.calisia.net/baratas/camisetasfutbolbaratas.htm]comprar camisetas baratas[/url]Fifa apple cup 2010 - common schedule, bout highlights scores, news, angle and pictures from the football apple cup - south africa 2010.Watch alive fifa apple cup watch alive footballinclude all of these words: accommodate any of these words: accommodate this exact phrase: exclude: baddest a date range.Brazil apple cup 2014 ticketsthe official web armpit of rugby apple cup, including advice on ticketing, best recent condoning news, area information, bartering ally and how you can get involved.Latest from the apple cup - msnworld cup allowance provides all the advice you charge to get the best out of your apple cup action at apple cup 2014 acquisition the best apple cup allowance for anniversary of the key.

Anonymous said...

Does any one know a good resource for learing or getting tutoring in web design that will not cost a fortune?

MONICA said...

Preciosa seleccion!!
No sabria con cual de todas quedarme!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.

I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.


Also visit my web page IT Services (http://outsourcingoptions.tumblr.com/post/56288751741/how-can-you-take-advantage-of-it-support-outsourcing)

Anonymous said...

Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i thought i
could also create comment due to this sensible post.

Also visit my site en.calameo.com ()

Anonymous said...

Hey there I am so thrilled I found your blog, I really found you
by accident, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks
for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS
feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
keep up the superb work.

my web-site gamestop hours missouri

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hello my dearest Carole, I hope one day we'll have high tea together. Your daughter created the most beautiful treats again and it sounds like they were as yummy as they look.
Your Valentine's decorations are so lovely. I'm so happy to own now one of the pretty chalkboard hearts along with all the other gorgeous Valentine's creations you had sent me :). Your room devider is a great piece for all kinds of seasonal decor and looks beautiful with all the hearts hanging from it.
I can imagine how happy you must be to be able to play in your wonderful garden again. Your patio looks springlike already.
Have a great and sunny weekend!
Big hugs,
Julia

Lululiz said...

How absolutely wonderful! The High Tea table is perfect, and I think I would have piled on a few pounds if I had been in front of all those gorgeous yummies. Looks good enough for the Downton Abbey crowd ;-). I thoroughly enjoyed all the other beautiful photographs as well.

Ivy and Elephants said...

So beautiful, Carola. For some reason the post did not update on my side bar, ???? But I love to see each and every post from you!
The tea looks amazing, I just love tarts! And all your creative hearts, the soldered piece with wings is my favorite! I see you garden is going to be stunning again!
Hugs,
Patti

Chatelaine said...

Just found your blog through Alice W's linky party. Your tea table looks beautiful and it all sounds delicious. You really pay attention to every lovely detail. Your guests must be honored to be invited to your tea party.

Alice Wingerden said...

Everything you do is amazing and beautiful Carola! Thanks for joining my party!

Maureen Kuppe said...

Well, bad me! I thought for sure I had already commented…. I am sorry I am so late. What beautiful decor you had out; LOVE your new boots, and your garden makes me drool every time I see it. We are so far from anything green …. still! We are continuing in the cold snowy winter. I fear it will be May before the white stuff is gone. But thank you so much for the beautiful images to dream of ;)

ade said...

So great beautiful, Carola. For some reason the post did not update on my side bar, ???? But I love to see each and every post from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails