Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Latest flickr faves and yummy mail!

These are all my fave flickr images I've saved from after Easter until last week. Aren't they all gorgeous? It took me a while to find out that you need a special flickr toy to make these mosaics and now I love to play with it! :D

1. Plate of Pearl Pink Roses, 2. Thistle II, 3. Handmade birdie from Ramona!, 4. This and That, 5. ed bird, 6. edwardian may, 7. Thistle, 8. "Peat Pot Babies", 9. peat4, 10. P4300008, 11. May Day Basket for Kari, 12. Cupboard, 13. ballerinas & bunnies cupcakes, 14. May basket sneak peek for Ramona!, 15. May basket swap sneak peek for Ramona!, 16. May Basket Sneak peek, 17. Birds Under Glass, 18. Miniature May Baskets!, 19. kari's may day basket, 20. flowers and lace, 21. may basket sneak peak -, 22. A birdie in her floral home, 23. Pretty pretty vintage wallpaper pack from Jen Duncan!, 24. Tinsel makes me happy!, 25. The sweetest sweetest work of my new friend Carol!, 26. Rose Bouquet, 27. my birdy found a home !!, 28. Altered Postcard, 29. Flea Market Finds, 30. My Small Treasures, 31. An incredible handmade mixed media creation from the SUPER talented Cari Kraft!!, 32. Super sweet mica flake covered bunny box by the fabulous Dee Foust 2005, 33. Your Creative Heart, 34. New Work, 35. Easter eggs, 36. winter wonderland star ornament

Think my next step is to order Mo cards from my flickr images now lol Yes we Germans are always far behind all you US people!

In other news I've got some gorgeous parcels this week, oh how I loved to open my mail!

First was a beautiful Collage Elements pack with vintage wallpapers, ribbons, buttons, tickets etc. pp which I've purchased from Jen Duncan's Etsy Shop here: jkduncan58.etsy.com It was the fastest mail I've ever got from the USA, ordered on may 3rd and got it on may 7th! I found Jen's shop and blog through Jenny Heid's Every Day is a Holiday blog here: http://journals.aol.com/jennyeveryday/everyday-is-a-holiday/ who recently made a swap with Jen, if you haven't read about that yet, you should go and do it now, it's her post from April 23rd!




And the second parcel I've got was a purchase from the lovely Louise over @ http://beachyscapecodcupboard.blogspot.com/ from her Etsy shop: CapeCodCupboard.etsy.com


This was already my second order from her Etsy shop because I love her selfmade earrings! She also was so kind to put me 2 vintage postcads in my parcel the first time and a vintage button card for my last order. Thank you so much Louise! Here is a close up of my new earrings which I'm wearing right now along with a matching turqouise t-shirt:


Then I've got a private material swap parcel from my friend Nicole over @ http://www.smalltreasures.blogspot.com/ containing a bunch of small treasures really:



See all the yummy vintage playing cards, buttons, wallpapers, millinery flowers, ribbons etc.pp ! You've made me very happy with this swap parcel dear Nicki! Thanks a million! xox



A closer look:


Nicole has recently opened an Etsy shop too btw called thesmalltreasures.etsy.com where she is also selling her beautiful vintage wallpapers in case you feel the need to get you some! ;-) She also has a give away on her blog at the moment maybe you don't wanna miss that one too!

Lastly I like to thank all you lovely people who have left me so many kind comments to my last 2 posts! I've read them all, yes Lauren your's too! :D, and it gives me such a warm and beloved feeling to be part of a group of such gorgeous and artistic women and garden lovers here in blogland! Thank you all ! xox

I have new garden pictures to share with you too, but I think I better save them for my next post. Have a great upcoming weekend everyone! Carol xox

27 comments:

Twinkle Pink said...

What a lovely collection of things. The swap you had with Nicole looks fab, you are lucky.

Can't wait to see what you do with your pack from Jen. The colours are fab.

best wishes Ginny

Birgit said...

Warum nur sehen Deine Fotos immer aus, als wären sie aus einer Hochglanz-Deko-Zeitschrift. Du hast wirklich wahnsinniges Talent für das Arrangieren schöner, oft auch so einfacher Dinge. Das hat man oder hat es nicht. Kompliment! Hier gießt es schon seit Tagen und wir hoffen endlich wieder auf schönes Wetter. Schönes Wochenende und LG Birgit

Vickie said...

Love the photos of your swap, lucky you! You have such a cheerful site :D I hope you don't mind but I've tagged you as I think it would be fun to know more about you. If you don't know the rules you can find them on my site.

Mrs. Staggs said...

This is such a lovely post Carol!
You're an inspriration to many of us too....I hope you know that!

Nicol said...

Hi Carol
Thanks so much for visiting! I love your gardens too! I had so much fun with Ulla and Lauren...it was a magical day! xoxo Nicol

jen said...

Hi Carol! I was without internet ALL DAY. Ugh! Torture.
So glad you're pleased with your collage elements. Love all your other purchases too! hasn't the world become a small place? So glad we're all part of the same circle.
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming creations! Cheers. jen

Lis said...

Ups, wo soll man bitteschön jetzt da zuerst hinschauen?!:-) Da sind ja wahnsinnig tolle Sachen dabei, das muss ich mir später mal in aller Ruhe anschauen.
LG Lis

tongue in cheek said...

Your generous spirit is such a beautiful gift.
Look at all the pretty things surrounding you. You deserve it.

oldflowers4me said...

hello darling girl , your world is so beautiful-your garden is divine, oh have a great day. love jo. hop skip and jump.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

You have some beautiful papers and buttons to collage with, Carol! They are all so pretty. I love your Easter collage - I am one girl from the U.S. who has NEVER even tried Flickr yet! =) I am glad the second pair of earrings reached you safely and that you are enjoying them all! Have a lovely weekend! hugs!!!

Daisy Cottage said...

Oh gosh, Carol, these papers and goodies are so dreamy! So much sweetness all in one place! I know you'll create spectacular things with them!
xo,
Kim

MariaJ said...

Hello dear friend! Your mosaics is absolutely fab! Oh and how about your treasures. How on earth you always have here something unique. Thats really amazing. I'm so happy I found you and I can now enjoy your creations. Enjoy your Eurovision weekend. (Maybe you're watching???)

Naturegirl said...

Carol I was here yesterday and typed up a comment but it did NOT post??? Weird???
Your mosaic is beautiful and thankyou for taking the time to put it together! I know the work involved! Lovely all photos. WOW! your gifts and swaps are gorgeous!
We are surrounded by such creative sharing spirits in our blog community!I can just imagine the lovlies you will create with your new papers.
I am wishing you a...
~Happy Mothers Day~ we celebrate here on Sunday! I am sure you will be lounging around your dream garden! hugging you NG

Ida said...

Delightful and inspirational! (:

Your blog is beautiful! (:

Miz Smoochie Lips said...

Wonderful goodies your mailbox has been filled with!!
How are you, friend? Oh I can't wait to see what delicious things you whip up with all your good paper "toys!"

Hillside Garden said...

Moin,

da hast du dir aber sehr viel Mühe gemacht. Das hat sicher sehr viel Zeit in Anspruch genommen! Wie immer sehr farbharmonisch, aber ich klick jetzt nicht jeden Link an, einige habe ich bereits!
Sonnige Tage wünscht Al

Dawn said...

What a lovely collection of collage materials! It was wonderful to gaze at all the treasures...and wonder what you will do with all of it!
Have a great week, Carol...

Merci-Notes said...

Carol, Your packages that your ordered and swaped are fabulous! LOVE that Kim D shop! I have to go to your flikcr collage later for some relaxing veiwing!!!
Thanks for stopping by my "new" diningroom!
With Kindness,
Mary
p.s. do I spell your name correctly?? I applogize if ihave not been>

zUzU said...

oh Carol! =^..^=

Such yummy packages of goodies ::sigh::
I wander in and peek about ... and imagine I am there and can touch the treasures you have laying about your darling little studio.

I must confess ... My heart is all aflutter to see the new photographs you promise of the gardens. Your garden is simply dreamy. I could quite easily go inside it's walls and live there content. Forever.

Please send to me your secrets of getting so much done in a day! In a week! A month! Alas, I feel never caught up with the garden or other things I wish to do. So many ideas and they simply swim in my head!

Yes, I shall just move to Germany and reside inside your garden and there I shall stay.

Make tea & leave some out for me?
=^..^= love love love you, zU

violette said...

Your blog is so full of treasures...and the garden ....Yes you definitely are a lucky woman !

Many tanks for sharing.
Wish you a lovely week !

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
What an amazing swap parcel - the goodies are delicious! I know you will have lots of fun with them - look forward to seeing the results.

Your Flickr mosaic is beautiful too.

Niki x

lauren said...

Pretty hard NOT to love a garden that looks like yours Carol! Yummy mail and beautiful mosaic!! Aren't they fun to make? They are a bit addictive though. Thanks for including my pics, I've been a bit negligent at flickr I'm afraid...I'll have to stop by there soon!

lauren
alicelands

JayJay said...

Hello Carol,

is't always like having a party for the eyes looking at your beautiful fotos in the posts. I like your earings. They will make sparkling spots on your face in the summerlight.

LG JayJay

She'sSewPretty said...

Oh my goodness...I was so surprised to see my pink plate of roses in your Flickr favorites. I'm very falttered to be in such good company. Your treasures are wonderful. I would love to play with all of them.

stadtgarten said...

Hallo Carola,
das sind wieder so wunderschöne Fotos!
Vielen Dank übrigens noch mal für Deine Bremen-Tipps, wir haben es sogar in den einen Laden geschafft. Leider war die Zeit wie immer viel zu kurz.
LG, Monika

Jennifer Paganellli said...

These pictures are dreamy so glad i found you I kept pressing buttons and ended up here any friend of Jenny's is a friend of mine...blessings

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hi Carol, thanks for stopping by the blog. I just adore all your treasures. Your blog is just so inviting, love it! Toni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails