Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, December 11, 2006

Back from the little trip


to our friends country cottage and it was a marvellous weekend! I took lot's of photos to share with you, if you are interested to see them, inside the cottage and the smaller guest cottage and also in the garden and from our crafts, not sure where to start, hm let's see how about our crafts?

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5877/wirepaperconesug7.jpg

These fabulous wire-paper cones (hopefully the enlarging the photo by clicking on it'll work today) made by our dear friend were hung from a flower drier in the kitchen living room as a welcome present when we arrived, one for each of us and they were filled with yummy selfmade quinces bread (it's a special soft sweet made out of quinces and so delicious)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9262/wirepapercones2ay0.jpg

The table was set and each of us got a place sign made out of wire and the bark of a plane tree found by our friend here in Bremen on her last visit, with our names written on, doesn't it look great?

This is a part of what I have produced while there, 4 big two sided paper stars (2 in light blue and 2 in light green) and those little wood blocks with NOEL written on 4 sides of each block:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/888/noelcq9.jpg

Here is more of what everyone made, displayed on our friends antique chest of drawers, we also made the wreath and ornaments which are hanging from the porcelain knobs. The papier mâché snowman was made by our friend and a most welcome present for my mum.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3301/3timesnoelqa1.jpg

See how fantastic the paper stars look when hangin in our friends kitchen door window frames?

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6233/starviewct7.jpg

I was very lucky to get lot's of beautiful presents while there, my favourite one is this antique tailor's dummy :D

It had a welcoming sign around the neck and was waiting for me in our gorgeous little guest cottage (pictures of the cottage in one of my next posts if you like to see them). I'm so in love with my new old mannequin *sigh*! Alas I forgot one part of it in my sis' car last night so I cannot put it together right now *sniff* duh me!

Btw I've got lots of lovely comments and several e-mails from some of you dear bloggers, friends and readers while away, thank you so much and please bear with me, I'm going to respond as soon as possible and I'm also looking forward to catch up with your blogs! :D

P.S.: The clicking to enlarge doesn't work, so I have inserted the links to the photos and you can see the bigger version when you click on the links! I always love to see pictures as big as possible in order to see all the details and I presume you might do too, right?

20 comments:

Lis said...

Welcome back Carola! Jetzt haben wir ja in nächster Zeit wieder jede Menge schöne Fotos zu anschauen. Das mit den Sternen an der Türe gefällt mir am besten, aber auch die Schneiderpuppe würde ich sofort mitnehmen. *ggggg*

Salix Tree said...

I'm going to tag you with a meme, it's fun! List your 5 (or more) favorite Christmas songs! ;-}
Here are mine: http://artnook.blogspot.com/

I love the ivy around the lamp, that's a great idea!

Nancy Jo said...

Carol,
Lucky you!! What a great weekend you had, and so many things to bring home. What will your dress model person be wearing? and what is her name going to be?
NANCY JO

Britt-Arnhild said...

Wow, what a glorious week-end you must have had.
Can I book a place for next year together with you and your friends :-)

linda t said...

Welcome back Carol!
Love your old dress form! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I have always wanted one myself.

linda t said...

Welcome back Carol!
Love your old dress form! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I have always wanted one myself.

linda t said...

Welcome back Carol!
Love your old dress form! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I have always wanted one myself.

linda t said...

Welcome back Carol!
Love your old dress form! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I have always wanted one myself.

linda t said...

Welcome back Carol!
Love your old dress form! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I have always wanted one myself.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Welcome back...
What a wonderfully creative time you have had Carol. I love all these new things you have made, How great to have had such a good weekend with like minded people and share your enthusiasm and creativity. Its lovely that you share all this craft work with us too, you are our inspiration.

I love your tailor’s dummy, you’ll have to give her a name. It reminded me of some years ago, I had one in our loft, she had been there a long time and never saw the light of day, so, John thinking she was clutter, decided to have a clear out and threw her away. Sob! Sob! Marion

Anita said...

Oh Carol, what a charming cottage and a nice garden! Your little Noel boxes are great! And congratulations, you really got some very nice presents!

Naturegirl said...

~*Magical absolutely Magical*~
This is a feast for the eyes!
~*WOW.. WOW.. WOW*~
Where do I begin the cones the wreath oh there is so much ~*loviness*~ in this post!It certainly lifts the spirit!
What a weekend you spent we are all drooling I am sure!

Sigruns German Garden said...

Jetzt schreib ich es zum zweiten Mal! Siehst du, Linda hat viermal abgedrückt, weil es ihr so gut gefallen hat!
Die Schneiderpuppe ist ganz entzückend und der Rest sowieso!

Al

Joanna said...

Wow too. Looks like your friends house is completly as enchanting as yours. Love the stars and the mannequin and her garden etc etc

Karen said...

Oh, that sounds like you had such a lovely time! I am now very curious about quince bread and would love to taste it. Maybe someday.

Mrs. Staggs said...

It's so nice to hear that you've enjoyed a wonderful time. Your friend has welcomed you so nicely. The cottage looks lovely and the glimpse of its garden makes me want to see more.
You've brought home some treasures indeed!
I'm not sure that I've ever tasted quince, but it is so pretty when it blooms. I'm imagining it to be tart rather than sweet.

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

What a lovely weekend you`ve had! Beautiful pictures and I really love your Christmas cards that you made :)

tea
xo

Q said...

Spending time with kindred spirits is the best! To craft and laugh is Heaven on Earth!
Lovely gifts from the heart.
Blessings to you and yours,
~Q~

Mrs. B said...

What an absolutely gorgeous blog you have! Thank you for sharing. I'll be back!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
You had a weekend made in heaven! You must have enjoyed every minute. I love everything that was created.
And your mannequin is soooo gorgeous - what a thoughtful gift!
I'm now off to look around the guest cottage....
Niki.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails