Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cottage Dreams


Here are the promised photos of our friends little brick cottage, which is only for family guests, where we have spend the last weekend. Already the entry looks very welcoming:

This fabric heart is hanging on the rose chamber door where I 've slept and had beautiful dreams:

This is a photo of the cosy living room:

The other side of the living room:

My bed in the rose chamber:

This is what I was looking at when lying in the bed above. The small rose dream collage was made by me last year:

Lunaria anua (Silberblatt) in a rusty cone, so beautiful and natural, hanging from the living room wall in the brick cottage:

This is a picture of one of the living room windows in the main cottage:

Click on the pictures to enlarge them for more details!

Btw I'm experiencing big problems with beta blogger lately, which means that I cannot comment on any beta blogger blogs, like the blogs of Sigrun (Al), Lis, Niki, Debbie etc.. I just want you all to know that I have been there, trying hard to leave comments, every day, but it is just not working for me *sobs*

23 comments:

SOINSPIRED said...

How beautiful and peaceful. It makes me want to escape somewhere.

Lis said...

Das ist ja zauberhaft, da würde ich mich auch sehr wohlfühlen. Wenn du das nächste mal hinfährst, komme ich mit! *g*

Tracy said...

Carol, the cottage looks so welcoming and charming. I love all of the pinks! I especially like the whitewashed walls in the bedroom you slept in and the canopy over the bed. Sweet dreams, indeed!

Joanna said...

The cottage is so lovely and cosy, I love all the interesting things placed in it.

Anonymous said...

Your friend's cottage is so warm and inviting. What strikes me in all your pictures is the quantity of sunlight. Everything looks so bright, not a winter sun (and the gardens are still so green). We have had nothing but dark days here, looks like it will be a long winter. TWT

P.S. I sent you an email, hope you got it because I have been having trouble sending messages. Please let me know if you received it.

Deb said...

What a precious cottage! Such lovely pictures.

Leslie said...

I hope you're going to post some pictures of your friends garden. The small view we got from the windown in the door looked very interesting!

Naturegirl said...

Carol this cottage is filled with so much creative whimsy! I can imagine how excited you were to be a guest in this magical place!It was certainly a feast for my eyes to enlarge and study each image!Thank you for sharing.

**I also have been having GREAT frustrations trying to post on the Betta accts!I am logging in as anonymous>>> GRRRR!I am sure many are experiencing the same!

Sigruns German Garden said...

That's realy charming, such a lice little house! Do they heat it in winter also?

Sigrun

Maggie Ann said...

Your visit must have been delightful! About Beta bloger...I've heard of others having problems too and am loathe to switch but someone said we will all have to soon.

Anita said...

Oh, that cottage is soooooooo lovely!!! And what a wonderful heart, I need to copy that pattern!

BTW, will you switch over to the beta version as we are facing so many problems now?

Anita

Henny said...

Nicht nur du hast probleme mit Blogger, ich kann deine Fotos nicht sehn,und das ist sehr schade, ich denke sie müßen zauberhaft sein!

linda t said...

Lovely, lovely!
Man, I need to get away after the Holidays... what a peaceful place.

Clare said...

Oh Carol, what a truly beautiful place! I'm sorry, I have missed a few of your recent posts and was catching up - this cottage is a really cosy, welcoming place! Clare x

Margrit said...

Hallo Carola,
das ist ja ein kleines Paradies.

cityfarmer said...

May I make a reservation please?

LostRoses said...

The lunaria is fabulous (so's everything else!). I've never seen it in colors like that before.

How frustrating that you can't leave comments on the blogs you visit. I hate when that happens and hope it's fixed for you soon!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

What a truly beautiful cottage Carol! I love everything.
The hand painted frieze in the living room is a lovely touch.
I adore the cladding on the wall of your chamber and all the rose pictures......and the festive touches throughout....I would love to stay somewhere like that!
Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Niki.x

Hannele said...

Nice rose dream collage.

Carolyn said...

Dear Carol, I wanted to take a break tonight from everything so to your blog is where I went. Lovely postings I have caught up on. I'm glad you had such a pleasant time at your friends cottage. Great pics and as always so good to spend some time peaking in on you here.

daisy cottage said...

Carol, thank YOU for sharing your friend's lovely cottage with us and please thank HER for letting us visit too.
It is just as charming as can be!
Kim

Mrs. Staggs said...

It's a beautiful place and says a lot about the people who welcome you there. It is a true gift to have friends like that!

MariaJ said...

Carol, I tried to comment here earlier but blogger problems here too.
The cottage is CHARMING! I adore that old? doll with the cups.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails