Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, December 29, 2006

Presents, decorations and winterly crafts

Think I've already told you about my love for danish design, like these Christmas baubles from *House Doctor* that I've bought last month and have decorated for Christmas on a boxwood (from my garden) garland in my living room down stairs:

I had further bought these silver Christmas baubles from *Greengate*, which I also love a lot, a few weeks before Christmas from the enchanting website *Nostalgie im Kinderzimmer*:

They are now decorated in my new beautiful glass dome with glass cake stand underneath (both also from *House Doctor*) which my parents have got me for Christmas :D

I've also got this gorgeous lantern in the picture below (House Doctor again ha ha, this Doctor can decorate my home anytime lol) Thank you mum and dad *hugs to you*, I must have been a very good girl this year ;-)

Then my dear daughter has fulfilled another wish of mine and that was this "white drawer" from *Impressionen* with the delightful glass knob, which has wholes in one side, each decorated with a key whole embellishment from the outside. You can put your fave fiber/thread rolls in the drawer and then pull them through the wholes, isn't that a great organising idea? I love it!

The *Crabtree & Evelyn* goodies in the drawer I've got send by my dear friend Anja from London (if you ever need beautiful and natural photos of yourself or your family members and you are from the London area, I can only recommend you to visit her website http://www.anjaking.com/ and contact her, she is a terrific photographer!), she just knows how much I like C & E :D

Well, enough of my presents and back to crafting. Having this week off work I finally got around to make a snowman like the ones I saw in the latest *Homecompanion magazine* (thanks again dear Anna for sending it to me and all the lovely goodies coming along too!) and just recently on Pam's blog too. I so like his glittery look:


He fit's in perfectly whith the turquoise tea light glass (another gift from my daugter, the enchanting turquoise porcelain bird which I've got of a bird swap from Cerri , the lovely box from my friend Nature Girl and the stocking collage I had made for Christmas decoration earlier this year:

Btw the pink CD ornament on the left is a craft made by my daughter in honor for her favorite band "Good Charlotte".

24 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hello Carol

Seasons Greetings to you! I've just caught up with all your December posts which have been inspiring. What a beautifully decorated home you have. I'm sure you will have had a wonderful time with your family.

Our first Christmas in our new home was enjoyable - Mum came to stay for a few days and our daughter came for Christmas Day.

I look forward to enjoying your posts throughout the coming year and wish you very best wishes for 2007.

Sue x

Dawn said...

Your blog is always a treat! Thanks for posting such beauty! Happy New Year, dear Carol..and to your dear daughter!

Lis said...

Deine Geschenke sind ja wirklich fabelhaft, besonders die Sachen vom House Doctor gefallen mir sehr gut. Ich hab mir diese Seite schon länger abgespeichert, versendet man dort auch nach Deutschland?
Ich wünsche dir einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr und freue mich schon jetzt auf viele Fotos von dir.

linda t said...

Oh my, you leave me in awe as always!
The drawer is the best! How simply clever!
Love all the color, texture and sparkle!

Britt-Arnhild said...

Beautiful Carol.
You really have an eye for photographing.

Mrs. Staggs said...

Your snowman turned out wonderfully! Everything is really pretty Carol. I love that glass dome. It's an especially pretty one.

josnave1@aol.com said...

hi, i am so glad my aqua snowman in home companion magazine inspired you to design your own. i was priviledged to have several of my designs appear in the magazine under name JoAnn Salyers. i stop by your blog now and then to see what you are up to. love your garden. thanks joann salyers, usa

Daisy Cottage said...

I'm so happy that you received such lovely things! I love the new dome especially!
Your snowman is adorable ~ love the colors!

Happy New Year!

xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hallo Carol
die Sachen von House Doctor sind toll. Würden mir auch gefallen. Die Firma hat aber keinen Onlineshop oder ?
Das würde ich gerne noch wissen...
Ich schaue total gerne deine Dekoideen an.

Grüsse
Sabine und Frohes Neues Jahr

Deb said...

Your snowman is absolutely fantastic! I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at your creative work inside your home and out in your garden!

Sheila said...

Such a delicious collection of pretty things. I love the glass dome and the decorations inside it.
The aqua shade you have used is a refreshing change from the more traditional colours.
Very best wishes for 2007..!!

nel said...

I love your gorgeous home...full of so many beautiful things, obviously very precious to you.

Anita said...

Oh, so many gorgeous X-Mas gifts! They will make your home even more cosy!

The snowman perfectly fits on the rack where you put him. Well done!

Have a great new Year Carol, with lots of creativity, inspirations and always a green thumb for your wonderful garden!

Karin A said...

Hallo,

I've been reading your blog for some time now and it always gives me so much inspiration. I love things from House Doctor so I'm really jealous of your gits! ;-))

I'm looking forward to the new year and many new posts!

Vielen Dank und ein schönes neues Jahr!

Naturegirl said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!This collection of treasures is like looking at photos in a magazine!You are surrounded by so many delightful seasonal creative displays!
~*Wishing you the Happiest New Year filled with harmony peace and JOY!*~
*****
Carol one thing I love about you is the JOY that you share within the blog community!
hugs NG

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! So many gorgeous things!!! Love it all! I have been wanting to make one of those snowmen....how did you do it? He is just so cute and happy! Glad you Christmas was so joyeous!
Jill

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Such beautiful things you have Carol! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a fantastic New Year!!

tea
xo

ULLA said...

Beautiful decorations Carol! And I adore the snowman!!!

MariaJ said...

Dear Carol, Lucky, lucky girl! All your presents are so beautiful and also those crafts you made on your earlier post! This snowman is so special too. Its so nice to see some new ideas I've never seen before.
I wish you all the best for the year 2007! Hugs Maria

JayJay said...

Hi Carola,

this time I've only got to say: I love your crafts! They are fantastic.

Happy NEW JEAR from one "Bremerin" to the other.

Greets JayJay

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Happy New Year to you Dear Carol. What a delightful post, I’ve so much enjoyed a glimpse into your Christmas and your creativity, you have certainly received so many beautiful gifts. Thank you for such inspirational posts throughout the year and I look forward to more throughout 2007 with great anticipation.
Do please use the little boy with fir tree from my post.
Love - Marion

gena said...

Carol you are so very talented! you have such a way of making everything look lovely! I am glad you had a good Christmas,I am looking forward to seeing what your blog has in store for 2007! Happy new Year!

Henny said...

Iwish you the best I can wish for 2007!!

Heather said...

This is all so beautiful - thanks so much for sharing it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails