Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas ornament swap etc.


Hello dear readers,
sorry that it has been a while since my last post, but there is so much to do at the moment that I can hardly find enough time to blog. I hope you've all had a cozy 3rd of Advent! Here is a picture from my living room down stairs whith 3 candles lit on the Advent wreath which is hanging from the ceiling, taken for you yesterday:

I've decided to show you the Christmas ornaments I've got so far, from my swap, today. There are still two missing, but I'm also looking forward to get some later, so don't worry Margarita and ZuZu!

The red and green felted basket-heart is a Norwegian ornament send by Britt Arnhild and I like it very much hanging on the faux fir garland which I have attached at the hand rail of our stairs:

This festive red star is a design by Daisy Lupin from England and is also hanging on the faux fir garland now, I think these two ornamets fit together very well, dont you think?

The first ornament which has arrived here was this gorgeous white dove king ornament sent by Maria from Finland, I felt like it was custom-made especially for me, seeing it has a little silver "C" in it's beak and because Maria knows just how much I love birds:

Here is another, closer picture of Maria's bird ornament: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8248/mariasdove2ad2.jpg

Then I've got this very cute paper angel designed by Ulla from California and it was wrapped in the beautiful vintage paper in the background:

Click here http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6277/ullaschristmasornamentdl7.jpg to see the bigger version of the photo of Ulla's ornament!

Then last week I've got a most delicious tiny parcel of Sandy from California with this absolutely enchanting vintage girl ornament and some other delightful goodies which Sandy has kindly added:

But this is not all which I've got send by generous blogging friends last week, on Thursday I've got a parcel, sent by Niki from England whith a beautiful living magazine, two stunning vintage glass ornaments ( so sorry, but blogger wont show anymore pictures today) and a selfmade Christmas card with an enchanting tiny patchwork stocking:

And also an envelope of Anita contending a pretty self made Christmas card and a delightful red stocking which she has kindly sewn for me:



Well I hope the clicking on the pics to enlarge will work today!

A big thank you to all the dear bloggers (Britt, Hilary, Maria, Ulla, Sandy, Margarita and ZuZu) which have participated in my second self hosted swap. It was a great experience and a pleasure to swap with all of you! I will always treasure all the beautiful and special handmade ornaments you've created! I hope we can repeat this soon!

Also thanks a lot to my dear private swap partners and bloggers Niki and Anna and a special thank you to Anita for the surprise parcel of course! It is so wonderful to find such gorgeous stuff in the mail every week instead of the usual invoices and advertisements! xox

P.S.:

Oops Monique I'm so sorry that I forgot to post about your Christmas ornament! It's because it's hanging on the hazelnut branch together with some of my cones already for so long now! Here is a picture:

http://img278.imageshack.us/my.php?image=curledhazelnutbranchdecqr3.jpg

The white fabric cone in the middle of the picture is embroidered with white pearls like little stars which you can't see on this pic was sewn and sent by Monique from the Netherlands for our Christmas Ornament swap! Thanks a lot dear Monique and excuse me please for forgetting your lovely ornament, I blame the pre Christmas stress!

20 comments:

Frivolitea said...

What beautiful things you have received. And your decorations are lovely. Happy Holidays!

Naturegirl said...

Carol the spirit of ~*giving*~ certainly
~*shines*~ within the blog community!
We are blessed in finding our ~*special friendships*~ globally! The gifts that you recieved certainly reflect the warm heartfelt caring and sharing that is alive during this holiday season!There is also many talented creative souls! You deserve all of it and more! Hugs NG

Mrs. Staggs said...

It's all so wonderful!
I always enjoy seeing what ideas everyone comes up with. Thank you for taking the time to share them with all of us.

Anita said...

Thanks for showing us the beautiful gifts your received, Carol! I especially LOVE the star made by Daisy Lupin! I should try to sew one (maybe tonight), too, it looks so pretty with the perls!

LostRoses said...

Carol, your living room is just aglow, and I love the hanging advent wreath! Very special, as are all your handmade ornament gifts. Merry Christmas to you!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
You are very welcome! You have received so many lovely things from blogging friends, because you are such a kind and generous person. You make everyone feel welcome to visit you blog!
I am sure that your home looks even more beautiful than usual at this time.
Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
Love Niki.x

Sigruns German Garden said...

You've got a lot of very nice gifts, Carol!

Sigrun

carolyn said...

What glorious Christmas things you have received and as usual beautiful photographs.

monique said...

Hi Carol,

Haven't you received my christmas ornament?
I have send them all out on the exact date.

Carol said...

Oh my how embarassing, dear Monique I totally forgot about your ornament when I did this post last night and I apology to you! I just did a P.S. under my post! Excuse me please! xox

Britt-Arnhild said...

I have so much enjoyed taking part in this swap. Beautiful photos. Thanks for showing my felt heart :-)

Shell said...

Wow, your mailperson has been busy! Lovely Christmassy goodness that makes me feel all festive inside. :) Your home must be a christmas winter wonderland!

Ulla said...

Thank you so much for organizing this swap Carol! They all look lovely in your home!!!

cityfarmer said...

This took so much time...How did you find the time?


Lovely

Hannele said...

Lovely things. Carol, hhe real life is most important, I wish you a merry Christmas.

linda t said...

Yes, lovely! Absolutely lovely!
And I am sure it reflects who you are Carol... a lovely person.
Merry Christmas!

rusty in miami said...

Hi Carol your Advent wreath is beautiful, that is a great tradition. Merry Christmas

Lis said...

Da sind ja wieder wunderschöne Sächelchen dabei :-)
Ich wünsche dir und deiner Familie ein frohes Weihnachstfest

Joanna said...

Lovely ornaments. I wish I had put some up but back to mums tomorrow she will have lots.

Happy christmas

Clare said...

How wonderful everything looks - a very Merry Christmas to you! Clare x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails