Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Birds & Easter decorations

Update Sunday March 18th 2007:


I've just added 7 Easter egg collages to my little Etsy shop (see side bar mini etsy and link) and I hope you'll like those too!
***************************************


Welcome back to Boxwoodcottage everyone!


I hope this find's you all in best spring mood!


Wow what a gorgeous week I had, the weather was beautifully spring like and I could even take my deckchair out and read my favorite home & garden magazines in the sun. Also I could welcome my first two customers at my brand new little Etsy shop. :D Thanks a lot to Allie & Louise you've both made my week! It's such a wonderful feeling that you like what I've created!




Today I've added these little bird nest ornaments to the shop, aren't they cute? Unfortunately I've found out that it is quite expensive to send them overseas to the USA because they are not flat enough to send them as a letter, but if there is something else you'd like from the shop I could put it in your parcel too without any extra mailing costs and I also have a little surprise gift for every customer. For my future German & European&UK customers the mailing is much cheaper though.





I think my little bird nest sets make such a delightful spring decoration and a beautiful adornment to your Easter table setting! They are made of thin twigs and filled with delicate quail eggs & feathers. In one nest there even sits a cute tiny hatchling in a quail egg! I only have 6 of these sets in stock and if you place your order fast enough you'll have them at your home before Easter!




I was quite happy to take these pictures of one of my fave little garden visitors a titmouse (chikadee) this week:





The decoration in the cottage is slowly changing to a more Easter like look as well, as you can see in the next 3 pictures:







´





This Easter egg collage was a gift for a friend's birthday this Monday, but I'll make some more Easter egg collages this weekend and hopefully add them to the shop on Sunday night or Monday morning, so stay tuned!





This was my fave place after work this week! Unfortunately the good weather is over now and they even forcasted that it is going to snow next week oh noooooooooooo!







I wish you all a happy & creative spring weekend and a wonderful week ahead dear blogging friends and readers! xox

31 comments:

Lis said...

Bei dir ostert es ja schon sehr und deine Vögelchen sind ja wirklich ganz reizend. Schade dass man schon wieder die Winterjacke aus dem Schrank holen muss, von mir aus hätte es glatt so weitergehen können. Dein Platz auf der Liege wird wohl in den nächsten Tagen leer bleiben, aber so hast du ja auch wieder mehr zeit für deine Bastelarbeiten. Viel Spass beim kreativ sein!
LG Lis

Kelli said...

Oh the little nests and birds are just wonderful!! I also LOVE how you have your cottage decorated. All the spring and Easter colors are beautiful!!!
Kelli

stadtgarten said...

Wunderschöne Vogelnester hast Du gebastelt!
Und die Deko im Haus ist auch so schön frühlingsmäßig erfrischend.
Wann machst Du das denn alles?
Herzlichen Glückwunsch auch noch zu Deinem neuen Shop und ganz viel Erfolg!
Ein schönes Wochenende,LG, Monika

marl1 said...

After reading and looking: now I'm in the easter/spring mood too!

Birgit said...

Zauberhaft mal wieder Deine gesamte Deko. Innen wie außen. Die Idee mit den Vogelnestern ist ganz süß. Bei Dir kann man sich jederzeit die passenden Anregungen holen. Kompliment!

Barbara said...

Oh! I love them all - so elegant and pretty. Warm enough to read outside - looks like you have a lot of shelter there. Here in Southern England it has been warm in the sun and cool in the shade but we are set to have a big temperature drop by Monday. Congratulations on your first customers.

Deb said...

Your cottage looks so beautiful. So glad you are enjoying spring weather. Best wishes with the shop~those little bird's nests are great!
Debbie

Mia said...

Beautiful photos, as always! I love those birds nests. And how lucky you are to have had such lovely weather! I have been away for a week and when I came home on thursday was ever so happy to find out that all the snow had gone. But there is no hope of doing any gardening any time soon - the ground is still frozen, but I can see a few spring bulbs pushing up from the ground.

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Absolutely beautiful photos! Everything is just gorgeous!!! I am very jealous... we just got piles of snow last night! I can't wait for Spring to arrive here.... :)

Mrs. Staggs said...

Congratulations on opening your shop Carol! I love your nests!
As usual everything at Boxwood Cottage is looking simply lovely!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Your treasures are so lovely, Carol! And I just adore your little bird nests! We had snow here after several days of lovely spring weather - but the snow quickly melted (hooray)! Your chickadee is very sweet! The chickadee is our "state bird" (every state in the US has their own state bird). Ours do not have any of that yellow color, only black, gray and white. Have a happy weekend!

Naturegirl said...

Carol your home is just like looking at one of those German decorating magazines..I have a few now thanks to you and Anita.!You won't believe it but last night we got a nasty snow storm!!Covered everything in a blanket of snow..I didn't even have a chance to see what was coming up in the garden!sigh...so I come here and drool! Come by my place as I am celebrating...have been for 2 posts!!
hugs NG

monique said...

What a lovely photo's again.Love the photo's with the lovely chickadee.

see you there! said...

Your beautiful pictures really sing of spring. The birds nests are precious.

I'm off to see your new shop now.

Darla

Allison said...

Love all your pictures Carol - it's always such a treat to come to your blog. Your home looks beautiful. I really love your mantel and all it's goodies, the hearts hanging off the mantel, the wonderful things you have on your table, the branches with the eggs - it's all so good! And the nests you made are gorgeous. They look so real, so delicate. You are very talented. I told my husband about your chickadee pictures. He loves chickadees and took the pictures of the ones that are on my blog from late February. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :o) My blog just had a makeover - come and see.
Allie from Minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Jen said...

What beautiful spring inspiration! I needed that. I sure hope it starts to feel like spring soon here!

Of course I don't mind if you link my blog! Thanks for asking. Jen

linda t said...

Your pictures make me so happy!
I find myself going back often to look upon such beauty and elegance and color and texture!
You create and display like no other Carol!

Miz Smoochie Lips said...

How beautiful!!! I love the eggs dangling from the blooming twigs! I'll have to remember that one :) And such pretty little paper eggs! Your home is looking very festively Eastere! So so beautiful.

Would you please email me your address again? And thank you for your comments!!! You've been missed while you were busily "nesting" in your cottage!

Kylee said...

What gorgeous creations you have, and I have been enjoying your blog, showing your beautiful cottage! I wish I didn't live across that big body of water, so I could visit! But this is the next best thing. :-)

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

What a delight to see all the lovely pictures in this posting Carol. Your cottage looks full of spring freshness in anticipation of Easter and I adore the little bird and nests. Your creative talents are a joy, whether it be your crafting or your interior styling. Marion

tongue in cheek said...

Always a delight to walk through your garden with you.

Yolanda Elizabet said...

What lovely spring and easter displays. I hope you will have lots of success with your shop.

The weather was nice last week, I enjoyed it too. This week it's much colder again. Brrrr

Hillside Garden said...

Caro, wie schön, dass sich die Vögel bei dir so fotografieren lassen. Bei mir scheitert das allein schon an den Katzen!
Deine Collagen sind sehr schön!

Al

MariaJ said...

Wow your etsy shop looks great with all these beautiful creations. I'm sure you have had wonderful time with your crafts and decorating your cottage. You have a great chikadee pic here. This bird is very usual here too.

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
Glad that your shop is doing well.
You have published some beautiful photgraphs again.
The little chikadee bird is called a 'Great Tit' in the UK.

We have the same weather forecast here.....I am waiting to see if the snow is going to fall...the wind is bitter.
Have a great week,
Niki x

Natasha Burns said...

WOW what lovely collages you have made! And those birds, so sweet and cute!
Thanks for sharing,
Natasha

Verena said...

Hallo Carol,
du bist schon voll und ganz auf Ostern eingestellt - es ist alles wirklich total schön! Ich hoffe, der Wetterumschwung verdirbt dir nicht allzu sehr die Vorfreude auf Ostern!
Liebe Grüße, Verena

carolyn said...

I'm a little late in offering congratulations on the opening of your new shop. Love the bird nests, delightful. Best of luck.

Carolyn said...

Carol, I'm so happy for you with the opening of your Etsy shop. Best of luck with it. I adore your birdsnest and I love seeing how you put things together. You have an artistic eye. Your handmade creations always a tresure to see also. I'll be peaking in on your shop often and one of these days placing an order to come across the ocean to me. Bless you for the lift your blog gives to me, always such a joy to come here and visit you.

Joanna said...

Oh dear I have been so behind on blogging with the move and getting things sorted. Your site is looking wonderful and I have spyed some rabbits! I really love all your easter decorations. Congretualations on the etsy shop, I will have to keep an eye out on it.

nicol said...

Hello Carol
Your garden is beautiful! I am so glad I got to have a little stroll through Boxwood Cottage as I am glad you have come to visit me as well
Thank You!
Nicol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails