Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, March 05, 2007

More fabric hearts and spring flowers

When I came home from work on Thursday afternoon I found this lovely vintage swap heart from Ginny over @ Twinkle Pink blog in my mail box:


Isn't it gorgeous? I love all the details, like the little baby heart with the tiny crystal, the beautiful rose buttons and the pretty pink spotted bow and of course the vintage linnen she has used and then that it is filled to the brim with real Lavender and it secents just heavenly! Thanks a lot dear Ginny!

I have just realised that I have never posted the lovely fabric rose heart which I've got from Anita @ My Country Cottage Garden for my b-day in January:


I have now attached Ginny's heart and both of Anitas hearts, the one from my b-day and the one from our swap, to my mantlepiece and I really like the look of it! How do you like it? (Click on picture to enlarge)




Oh and look what I found while shopping for spring flowers on Friday afternoon, delicate little birdies sitting in tiny nests with tiny eggs and feathers, awe I just had to take them home with me:



Of course I found some beautiful flowers too like this pansy with its pretty rippled border:



I also had to take a picture of it with my favourite garden model the terracotta princess:


Further I bought this wonderful pink filled prime rose:


and lots of my fave spring flowers which are Viola Cornuta (Johnny jump-ups):


Oh and there is more like lots of pink Bellis perennis and lots more different Pansies in gorgeous shades of soft pink and terracotta and more Johnny jump-ups in beautiful colors!
The weather this last weekend wasn't really gardening weather, it was rainy, cold and windy with an exception of yesterday where I had to cut back all the shrubs and bushes and perennials from last year and had no time left to plant my new flowers before the dark, so hopefully I'll get around to do it sometime this week.

25 comments:

Lis said...

Das wunderschöne Herzchen hab ich schon in Anitas Blog bewundert. Es ist wirklich zauberhaft und ich bedauere jetzt, dass ich bei dem Swap nicht mitgemacht habe.
Deine Vögelchen gefallen mir auch sehr gut. Morgen komme ich nach Würzburg, da werde ich sämtliche Dekoläden nach Ostersachen abklappern. Drück mir schon mal die Daumen dass ich auch was nettes finden werde.
LG Lis

Nadine said...

Hallo Carola,

wunderschöne Dinge zeigst du da wieder, es freut mich, daß langsam der Frühling kommt, denn mit ihm kommen auch die Farben zurück.
Das Stiefmütterchen ist wunderschön.

Liebe Grüße,
Nadine

monique said...

You have received some beautiful hearts and made a beautiful picture of it.
Lovely spring flowers!
Have a lovely day.
Monique.

Carolyn said...

So many hearts, all wonderful! And those Johnny jump ups shout spring. It's so fun to go shopping for the first flowers of spring. isn't it? I visited a garden center this weekend too. Won't be long until the perennials start to return to us. Alwyas enjoy coming to you part of the world and seeing what you have posted Carol.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Carol, I vote that you have the most beautiful blog! Your lovely flowers are so inspiring, as are your dear hearts! Happy Spring, to you! (Visiting my great-grandmother's home in Nauendorf is on my to-do list, once my children are all old enough for me to make such a long trip!)

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Once again you have made a very delightful entry in your blog; all those lovely hearts! And your mantlepiece looks very pretty now. And then you have found those cute little birdies, they are adorable.

Now that I've seen your garden princess I want one too! ;-)

The double flowered primroses are very pretty indeed.

Twinkle Pink said...

Hi Carol, I'm so glad you liked the heart and that it has found a beautiful spot by the fireplace alongside Anita's beautiful hearts.

The pictures you have taken are beautiful especially with the table in front. Very vintage chic, I love it!

Those birdies look cute too.

Best wishes Ginny

stadtgarten said...

Wieder so wunderschöne Bilder! du könntest eigentlich ein eigenes "Wohnen&Garten" herausgeben, denn Deine Bilder und Dekorationen sind genauso schön!
LG, Monika

LBP said...

What beautiful pictures. Your blog is so lovely.

Anita said...

Hi Carol!

Oh my, it took me ages just to have the first photo on my screen, due to the very very slow internet connection we have to cope with these days.

Yes, Ginny's hearts for our heart swap are just gorgeous and I am more than happy to have one of her lavender hearts for myself as well

So it's a reall pity that I can NOT see the rest of all the beautiful photos you are posting today....

Nimmi said...

Hello Carol,
I was thinking of you on Saturday, when the weather was not like gardening at all. But the Sunday turned out to be a perfect "early spring garden day" and I wish I had found the time to enjoy it myself. But looking at your wonderful pictures was almost like a day outside. Thank you for sharing your garden, house and all the neat little treasures inside with us.

carolyn said...

Well everything is just gorgeous but I have to say the birds in the little nests are my favourites. Love them so much.

Deb said...

So nice to see all your lovely spring flowers...I love the little birds in the their nests as well.

Allie from Minneapolis said...

Your flowers are beautiful and the hearts too! I love how the hearts look hanging from your mantel. Your home is so pretty - I just love it.

nel said...

Beautiful hearts, flowers and birds!

Daisy Cottage said...

Hearts, flowers, and birds ~ oh my! So sweet and SO perfect for spring! Love your treasures and these photos of your wonderful space!
xo,
Kim

The Feathered Nest said...

Your photos are so pretty! You can see how much you love the outdoors, too. Those little nests are the best but my favorite is your terra cotta princess with her crown! Dawn :)

Dawn said...

What a beautiful post with all your lovelies!!!
Just what I needed on this cold, snowy day in NY!
Those birds in the nests??? Too sweet...

Miz Smoochie Lips said...

So pretty pretty! I always step into the magical pretty armoire when I visit you!!! I wish I could be so pretty!

Please swing by for my Spring Fling giveaway if you'd like to throw your name in the proverbial hat :)

Birgit said...

Oh ein neues Layout, sieht viel freundlicher und heller aus. Kompliment. Deine Dinge und die ganze Dekoration gefallen mir mal wieder außerordentlich gut. Sieht sooo schön aus, wie Du alles dekorierst. Selbst die wunderschönen Herzchen sehen noch zauberhafter aus bei Dir. Es lohnt sich immer, bei Dir reinzuschauen. Liebe Grüße

Mia said...

Such beautiful hearts - it has been great fun taking part in this swap! And your spring flowers - and the photos of them - are lovely. I also liked you blue jug with the polka dots ( I have the same one, but in pink).

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Your lovely hearts look so at home with you carol. (What talented ladies they are!)
Love the photo with the jug of Tulips...spring really does seem to be on its way now....at last....

You have inspired me to look for some Easter decorations next....

Clare said...

Hi Carol, what beautiful hearts, I love Ginny's with the little baby heart attached! They look wonderful on your fireplace! Clare x

Naturegirl said...

Carol always delightful to come by your post as you always have charming photos to share with us! Oh those hearts are adorable and look perfectly displayed! So much color with all your flowers and that garden princess always a joy to see! I am homeward bound this weekend but have a few more Florida posts yet to share! hugs NG

One Crabapple said...

Your photos are Gorgeous !

And those hearts you got ... wow. They are so soft and pretty.

Lucky You !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails