Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Another wreath and more garden deco


of mum's patio:


Initially I wanted to post about the presents I got of NG and Marias Christmas ornament today, but Maria has kindly asked me to wait a while, so I won't spoil the surprise for the other swap participants from overseas that haven't received their ornaments yet. Of course I don't wanna be a spoiler, so for now here are more pictures that I took at my parents garden instead.

Physalis flowers of mums garden used in the wreath in the picture above and as a natural garland below:









As always, you should be able to click on the pictures to enlarge them! I hope you'll enjoy what you see! xox

P.S.: Okay I've just checked it and two pictures are not showing up bigger by clicking on, but because they sure look much better in their whole size I'm adding the links here for you to see if you like to.

First picture:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8281/lampionkranzqj0.jpg

Last picture:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9154/emaillekannen2ne0.jpg

21 comments:

Kali said...

Carola, your pictures are as beautiful and stunning as ever! You and your Mum have exquisite taste! Thanks for sharing my friend. :)

monique said...

And some more wonderful photo's!
Itá always a treat to visit your blog.

Monique.

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Beautiful photos Carol! Love your patio too :)

tea
xo

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you dear Carol..I am thankful for YOU!!

Anita said...

Oh Carol, I envy your mother's decorations, it looks so pretty at her place! May I steal some inspirations? ;-)))

What else did she add to the physalis wreath (those white "balls" I mean).

Anonymous said...

I would never guess that it is almost the end of November by these pictures. Your mother's garden is GORGEOUS! The two of you are incredibly talented. I would be like a kid in a candy shop if I were to visit either one of your homes. Beautiful! TWT

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Carol, you and your Mom are so creative...you make beauty around you flow!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

What a talent!!!

Sigrun said...

Ich würde deine Eltern gerne mal kennenlernen! Rosten die Metallkannen und die Kuchenformen denn nicht draußen? Ich hab diese Sachen in der Wohnung und benutze sie auch noch. Ob ich mich auch mal trauen soll? Auf jeden Fall sieht alles herrlich aus!

AL

carolyn said...

Beautiful images, thanks.

Britt-Arnhild said...

More beautiful photos Carol.

My first Christmas ornaments have started to come in. This is so much fun. Thanks for organising it.

Karen said...

Look at all that physalis! (In French they are called "amour en cage" -- which I think of as "love in a cage".) I got a small physalis this year and grew it in a container. It had one flower only. Now I want to grow a lot of it! Beautiful photos, Carol!

Naturegirl said...

Everything is so ~*charming!*~ You and mom have ~*wonderful taste.*~ I see where you got your decorating interest from. The red is so festive!Must go back and view them all..they won't enlarge so I'll try the link!

Cat said...

The wreath is out of this world beautiful!

Lis said...

Wunderbare Deko! Gestern in dem schönen Garten war ein ganzes Scheunentor mit diesen alten Guglhupfformen behängt. Aber die Idee mit den Äpfeln gefällt mir auch sehr gut

MariaJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MariaJ said...

Dear Carol! I got your festive cone decoration and a beautiful Christmas card on Thursday. These both are like jewelry which will be my treasures for the rest of my life.
Your pics today are beautiful as always. Is your daughter interested in displays and crafts also?

Salix Tree said...

I like that cake-tin fild with apples.
There are some red stems in the pic with the watering cans, what is that? Dogwood? It's lovely, a nice color for winter.
Oh and I did a tutorial on making seed packets. http://artnook.blogspot.com/
Hope it's not too rambly, maybe you already know a lot of this.

Becky said...

They do enlarge for me when i click on them.
You inspire me to get more creative.

LostRoses said...

I love the red physalis (I think that's the same as Chinese lantern?)complimented by the white flower clusters. So pretty, Carol!

Joanna said...

your garden and your mums look wonderful. I love all the colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails