Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Saturday, November 18, 2006

More seasonal patio decorations


I took these photos at my parents garden & house last weekend and thought that maybe you'd also like to see them:

Above and below: Mum has put some items of her antique enamel collection outside and decorated it on one of her garden tables:

On this iron etagere (cake stand) you can see three of her selfmade wreath's:

A basket filled with winter resistend plants:


A wreath decorated blue enamel jug:

This glass ball has something magical for me:

This is mum's Bougainvillea it's still blooming on her balcony and it's huge, you can only see a small part of it in this photo:

A pink bird and some pink & purple tealight glasses on a hanging iron mini basket:

Click on pics to enlarge!

P.S.:
A big thank you to all of you lovely people who have commented to my last post. It was overwhelming to get so many kind comments! :D xox

21 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG, I VISIT EVERYDAY AND GET LOTS OF IDEAS!!!

Deb said...

Your Mum has a gorgeous garden ~ I can see where you got your green thumb from! Thank you for sharing such lovely pictures.

Shell said...

Now we know where your green thumb comes from - Like mother, like daughter it would seem!

Carolyn said...

Like mother, like daughter, both of your gardens are beautiful and a delight to visit at your blog.

Cat said...

Ah ha, I see now where you get your love of gardening from! It is wonderful when mother/daughter can share an interest like you do.

The Bougainvillea is awesome!

Mrs. Staggs said...

You and your mom must enjoy each other's company so much! Her garden and decorations are every bit as lovely as yours Carol. Please tell her thank you for sharing it with us.

Naturegirl said...

Carol you and your mother ~*inspire us*~ all to get the decorating started for Chritmas!You both have such a knack for ~*creating beauty*~ in your space.I am in awe ..must go back and view these photos again and drool!Everything ~*looks wonderful*~..thank you for sharing!

Becky said...

Your mothers garden and decor is just breath-taking
b e a u t i f u l.
I love the blue glass ball also. Blue knocks me out!
and her wreaths are lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Britt-Arnhild said...

One day I would love to come on a winter garden tour to Bremen, to visit yours and your mother's garden. They are the most charming I've seen.....

Lis said...

Mir fehlen die Worte! Was du und deine Mum für Ideen habt, ihr könntet das glatt zum Beruf machen! Wie immer ist alles wunderbar dekoriert und ich bin begeistert.
Schöne Grüße an deine Mum und noch einen schönen Sonntag

Sigrun said...

Caro, wonderful! I like your mothers decoration, especially the hanging basket with the pink glases.

Sigrun

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

You must really enjoy spending time with your mother- you are so alike. Her garden is as beautiful as yours.

Does it ever rain in Germany?! It always looks so sunny and bright in your photographs! And unlike my garden, not full of fallen leaves and other debris!!

Jean said...

Beautiful pics, as usual. I always come away from your blog with some great ideas.

judypatooote said...

Your pictures are beautiful, and the blue glass ball looks like it is full of bubbles......you have such great ideas......nice of you to share....

Anita said...

Your mum's garden is soo pretty with its romantic touch. I wish my garden would look like this as well... ;-))

monique said...

Your mothers garden is as beautiful as yours. I loved looking at the photo's for a long time Ü.

Margrit said...

Hallo Carola,
solche liebevollen Dekorationen sieht man selten. Du und Deine Mutter, Ihr habt ein Händchen dafür. Ich bin immer ganz verliebt in Deine Fotos.

Sharon Kay said...

I see where you get all of your talent from.. The gardens and yard are just beautiful and I love all of the pictures.....thanks for the walk through your moms garden.

pinar said...

I can see why you are so gifted for decorating.. it's genetics.. I love it alll..
such an inpirational garden setting.. thanks for sharing..
enjoy..

Clare said...

Oh, you and your mum make me feel so guilty for neglecting my garden at this time of year! You have some very inspirational ideas - and as for that bougainvillea; what a beauty! Clare x

linda t said...

I'm in heaven looking at your photos... they are works of art! Let me tell you, your blog is such that I look at your pics over and over... they are so soothing, inspiring.
Thanks again Carol, for sharing your gifts and talents to the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails