Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, May 19, 2006

Aquilegia/Columbine/Akelei

Today it's litterally pouring down the whole day (it is 9.30 pm now and still is) and all my watering cans and the water barrels are filled and I think it could stop now. It's very windy too! I took these photos of my blooming aquilegias 2 days ago:



Yesterday I've picked some flowers for a vase, so that I can enjoy them in the house as well when it's raining cats and dogs outside

9 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Your Akeleis/akeleie (in Norw) are beautiful. I have a blue miniature in my garden. After seeing your photos I took a garden walk to look at mine. It will bloom in a few days now. Will post a photo in my blog then.

Naturegirl said...

I have the purple and white in my garden and the foliage has just come up nicely as we have been getting LOTS of rain and cold in the past week!! I like the white bleeding hearts in your vase! Beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Hi Carol. I just enjoyed Monday, Thursday and Friday in your garden. OH so lovely it is. beautiful pics. When the rain ends can we have tea together sitting in your piece of heaven?

Sigrun said...

Hi Carol, please collect the seeds from your Aquilegia for me - I can also send you some seeds of mine.
Sigrun

PEA said...

I'm seeing flowers in your blog that I've never even heard of before...they are all so very beautiful!!! I absolutely love the ones you're showing in this post!

gena said...

Lovely flowers Carol! inside and out,it has been pouring down here too,I am hearing drought warnings on the news and hosepipe bans and I look out of my window its unbelievable!

MariaJ said...

So nice colours Carol! Thank you for asking me where am I. Its incredible that I work hard outside but at the end of the day it looks I havent done anything!

snappy said...

Beautiful Aqualegia again.I hope to grow some soon to post pics as beautiful as yours.Here in yorkshire its raining again, maybe a few days of sun in past two weeks.

Maggie Ann said...

Breathtaking!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails