Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Clematis "multiblue" and rusty iron birds

So yesterday was the first day of my vacation/holidays (the first day of 3 weeks !) and in the morning we've had a thunder storm and it was raining heavily, but luckily the wind blew all the clouds away and in the afternoon the weather changed and suddenly the sun came out and it was wonderful! I've been puttering around a bit and then I began to read a new book in my deck chair and later I took some new garden photos. That's exactly how I like my vacation to be!

Clematis "Multiblue" is in full bloom now:


Al/Sigrun, do you recognise this rusty iron ornament? I've just attached an iron ring to mine, so that I can put balls or small pots in it.


Centranthus ruber is going to bloom soon!



A little iron bird is nesting in my rosemary pot instead of using the bird house ;-)

16 comments:

PEA said...

Beautiful photos as usual...love your garden so much!! I planted a Clematis two years ago and it bloomed for the first time last year...now it's just starting to climb up my trellis again but it won't be blooming for a few weeks yet. Our blooming season isn't really until July.

Cookie said...

Carol, your garden looks wonderful whether its Winter or Summer. Gorgeous pics as usual!!! Hugsss

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I cannot wait for your roses to bloom!You have an amazing variety of flowers!

Sigrun said...

Hi Carol, yes, I have seen the rosty thing!

Which book do you read in the moment? I have no time, I have so much to do in the garden. Because of the rain everything is growing so much.

Al

Britt-Arnhild said...

Happy vacation Carol. Will you stay at home, in your beautiful garden? I hope that the weather will be good for you.

MariaJ said...

Is this your summer vacation alreay? Hope the weather is beautiful and you enjoy your garden & books. What else can we hope...Your Clematis is wonderful. Mine in the glasshouse will bloom soon but for example "Nelly Moser" outside is only a size of my finger...won't bloom yet, haaa. Remember that we have a looooong winter and we need your photos badly then! So be busy with your camera!

photo-effe said...

Sehr schöne Macrophotos

i like to shot macro too

www.photo-effe.com

snappy said...

you're photo's are amazing.What camera do you use?I have my mobile phone digital one but will buy one soon for better closeup pictures.Enjoy your holiday!

Kali said...

Oh Carol, your garden is my favourite! I think it's so beautiful and interesting and quaint. I can't get enough of it, so keep those lovely pictures coming.
3 weeks holidays ~ yipee!!! I hope you have a very relaxing break, enjoying the things that make you happy.

judypatooote said...

Beautiful pictures again, I'm waiting for my clematis to bloom, I have 1 purple and 2 mini red ones.....and I love the smell of Rosemary......

susan said...

it all sounds so lovely! have a wonderful vacation!

Daisy Lupin said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I am slowly learning how to do things on my blog, but have a lot to learn, especially about uploading photos etc. I think your garden is beautiful and have found some inspiration there for mine. I am also fascinated by the altered book you mentioned earlier in your archives. I have only recently started to hear about these book collages and think I will have to try and make one. I also think your cat Sammy is lovely.

Maggie Ann said...

Carol, you have the most wonderful variety of plants...I enjoy seeing your pictures as always!! Did you inherit some when you moved here or did you plant them all? they are wonderful to see. Your ornaments are charming.

Naturegirl said...

Beautiful everything!:) Enjoy your vacation in your oasis of a garden! We would make wonderful neighbors!!

Ulla said...

Lucky you to have 3 weeks to yourself! Take advantage and SPOIL yourself Carol! Thank you for all your comments and well-wishes, it means so much to me. Please email me your address, as I have something to send you!

Carolyn said...

Hi Carol, enjoy your vacation. Hope you have many sunny days to enjoy your garden and to relax. Your garden is beautiful and I especially love the rosemary topiary with the rusty bird nesting. Too funy as I have a bird sitting at the bottom of mine in the pot too. All the wonderful pink photos in the next blog psot were also a delight to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails