Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's all about roses

in my garden and in my house at this time of the yearThis beauty is named "Rokoko" rose and it has the delightful scent of wild roses, I wish I could make you smell it!


Well I couldn't help other than pick some roses for inside as well they match my rose dishes, cushions etc..

And this one is called "Rosarium Glücksburg":

Marion you've asked me about the name for the rose in the next photo which I had posted another picture of in my last post too. I've bought it as "Cottage Rose", but when I google Cottage Rose photos they do look a bit different so I'm not that sure anymore that this is a real Cottage Rose. At first it looks more purple and when it fades it's going over in a light pink like in this photo here:


The biennial foxgloves are looking fab with my roses at the moment:

14 comments:

Dawn said...

That Rokoko is amazing!!!! ...as are the others...

ms*robyn said...

Hi Carol! I am back :) I have just been enjoying your gorgeous, gorgeous garden. It has been awhile since I visited so I had quite a bit to look at. Your garden is stunning - I wish I could just smell the perfume of the roses :) ...thankyou so much for your support & friendship over the past few weeks & I do hope you continue to enjoy my new blog. I will put a link to your blog over the next few days. oh and did you know that foxgloves are one of the fairy folks' favourites?

PEA said...

Such beautiful roses...my middle name is Rose, which was my grandma's name:-) You have a showcase garden and home...you will have us all at your door soon to come and look at everything!! lol

Mrs. Staggs said...

My middle name is Rose too!
Your roses both inside and out are absolutely beautiful Carol!
I love the rose photos. They look as if we could just reach out and touch them. You are so talented with your photography.

Heidi said...

Your flower photos are gorgeous, but the Rokoko absolutely stunning.

I'm here by way of Mrs. Staggs...

Daisy Lupin said...

Beautiful roses, I love roses that have many open petals like those, and I can just imagine what the fragrance of them must be like when I look at the photos. Love the foxgloves too with their tall spires of flowers.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

A beautiful set of photographs Carol. I adore roses and the ones in your garden are exquisite, yes and foxgloves too, another favourite of mine. Thanks for the info’ on Cottage Rose, I’ll certainly have to try and find that one. I enjoyed taking a glimpse indoors, what a beautiful setting you have created, you certainly are a rosy girl. Lovely! Marion

Alice said...

Such beautiful flowers you grow, Carol, and then take wonderful photos. I'm sure the perfume of the roses wafted through my computer.

Lis said...

Oh Carola, bei dir scheinen ja wirklich rosige Zeiten ausgebrochen zu sein. Wunderschön wie du dein "Rosenzimmer" wieder dekoriert hast.

Sandy said...

Beautiful roses! I wish I had better luck with them. Your house looks like a store. I really think you should open a store Carol....

Naturegirl said...

Carol stunning,gorgeous, magnificent!! Oh how in love we are with our roses! My house also filled with roses in every room..the house smells heavenly!! Take a peek at my collection we certainly would make ideal neighbors if we lived side by side!! The foxglove..oh the color!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol. My friend nature girl told me of your beautiful site. I LOVE YOUR GARDEN!!! It is absolutely exquisite. I could spend hours there just taking in all the glorious colours, textures, scents. Thank you for sharing it with us.I find it to be incredibly inspiring. TWT

Lady Laurie said...

Beautiful Carol,love the wicker chair and all the pretty rose dishes and such,so pretty!

weirdbunny said...

Oh your house is divine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails