Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, October 13, 2006

Inside decoration etc.!

I've the feeling that I've bored you a bit with all of my garden and flower photos lately so I've decided to show you something else today.

I think this glass bowl with dried rose petals of my garden roses has something very photogenic (you can click on the photos to enlarge them!):

So has this small iron-glass table with some glass decoration and an autumnal candle (scenting like baked apple with cinamon) and some tiny rose hips.

We have some close friends staying with us at the moment and my friend has sewed this cushion for me as a gift! :D

She has also gave me all these old books and music sheets etc. from and old oncle of her who has died, which are great to use for collages etc.:



Oh and I'm very happy to tell you that I've got my first issue of portals zine in the mail this week, can't wait to study it.


http://portals-zine.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

The plates and dried roses are lovely! And what a nice pillow your friend made for you.
I`ve been able to finally see all your pictures. It took over half an hour to download the page, I don`t understand why it`s just yours I have trouble with, even with slow dial up internet. But anyway,.....you`ve inspired me to try growing some grapes next year. I wonder if they would turn out.
And the pouch that you recieved from Niki is so pretty! I`m going to go and look at the link you have here.
You have a wonderful garden! My favorite picture is in your October 1 post right under the fresh flowers box one. It looks so cozy and inviting :)

tea
xo

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
I look forward to seeing the collage that you make with your inspired gift- I love old sheet music.
By-the-way, your garden photographs could never be boring!
Lovely to see that you like to bring bits of it indoors too.
Niki.x

Lis said...

Schön dass deine Freunde immer so genau wissen was dir gefällt. Das Kissen würde auch bei mir gut reinpassen ;-)

pinar said...

beautiful photos .. beatiful gift.. enjoy your weekend

Clare said...

I have to echo Niki's comments and say that your photos of your garden could never be boring - they are so inspiring! But I also love your decorative glass dishes and dried flowers - this is a wonderful time of year!

Naturegirl said...

Carol I never tire of viewing your lovely garden photos and these you've posted today!I can smell the petals as I lean in closer to the PC..mmmm! Send me some in the mail! What a treasure collection you recieved in the sheet music can't wait to see your creation! Oh that pillow is so you!

Blackswamp_Girl said...

Carol, so gorgeous... I love the dried rose petals in the dish most of all, though. Such wonderfully rich colors you have there.

Hannele said...

That old things are so beautiful.

Anita said...

Congratulations to those old sheets of music. Will you use them soon for a new collage?
And I am looking fowared to viewing new garden photos, I am not at all bored with your lovely outdoor decorations ;-))

carolyn said...

Your garden photos are never boring! But I'm not complaining because I just love pressed glass.

Deb said...

Your photos - inside and out - are always so lovely!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Beautiful pictures Carol, I just love seeing both indoor and outdoor pictures that you post, all are gorgeous, you have such a good eye for photography and set your scenes perfectly, you are an inspiration to us all.

Love your dried rose petals and the cushion is a dream, such beautiful colours, they work so well together and what a precious gift the old documents are, I don’t think I could use the originals, I’d have to photo copy them. I look forward to seeing how you use them. Marion

Kerri said...

What a lovely visit I've had catching up Carol. Your photos are inspiring and you certainly have a wonderful eye for decorating.
Love that grape picture especially!
Just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails