Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, January 30, 2006

Art Party Part 1

Thank you all dear blog friends for your congratulations in posts, e-mails, letters and cards, each one made me smile!

I've got cards from the b-day card swap from Wendy, Dixie, Robyn, Maggie, Peggy and Thea so far and a wonderful hand made rose card from Maria another blogger friend. Thank you all so much! xox


So today I start posting pictures from the things we've created and altered on my art party, which was a really lovely and also satisfying experience, that I can only recommend to all of you!

My mum for example has altered an old white woodden card box with pansies, one of her favourite flowers. She is going to use it for storing her seed packets.


10 comments:

Peggy said...

Hope your birthday art party was loads of fun! love all the photos... Happy Birthday a day late.

abe/happy said...

That has given me some great Decoupage ideas for my wooden secondhand spice rack. Thanks Carol xx

Nicole said...

Ooooh that is so pretty. I have an old wooden tray that needs freshening up. I think I might go scrounge around in my decoupage box. Happy Birthday Again!.
xx Nicole.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Your party looks fab! It was such a great idea Carol, I'm sure it will be an inspiration to many of your readers. Loved Mum's seed box, so pretty. It reminds me of some letter boxes I've made, constructed out of card, covered in papier-mache, then decoupaged. I'll dig some out and post. Marion

ms*robyn said...

Hi Carol - that box is gorgeous. You must have had so much fun xoxo

MariaJ said...

Really beautiful and nice idea. The pansies are my favourite too.

Maggie Ann said...

What fun you must have had Carol! And the pansy seed box is a beauty. Thank you for the Columbine (hope I've got that right) seeds. I'll look forward to planting them...smile.

Garden girl said...

I have altter holder too and this is a good idea for it, to store and display seeds.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I want one! Next year I am crashing in on your birthday party!

Leslie said...

Hi. I love your blog. It is simply beautiful! I especially enjoy all your photos. I, too, like to include photos. I can't wait to see some spring and summer pictures of your garden - it was so lovely with all the snow (can't wait to see what's under all that snow!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails