Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, March 17, 2006

Carduelis spinus - Siskin - Erlenzeisig

Well just yesterday I found out through Robyn's blog http://dailyparcels.blogspot.com/ that my ya ya name is "Duchess sings like a bird" (I wish lol) Seeing that I love songbirds this is the perfect name for me. And when I came home then I've got the chance to take some photos of a cute little songbird that came to my birdfeeder for the first time. It's a siskin that normally lives in the woods where alder trees and birch trees grows.




13 comments:

abe/happy said...

Great idea putting food in the net, ill have to try that. I just went to visit Miss Robyns blog and tried that Ya Ya name generator - apparently my name is
"Princess Lost in the Clouds"
& I have to say it is 100% correct !!

Have a great weekend Carol :-)

Sigrun said...

Good photos, carol. They are hungrey, because of the long time with snow.

Al

judypatooote said...

Nice pictures....I have a feeder hanging outside my family room window and I could get some beautiful shots, but when I go outside to shoot the pictures the birds get scared away....I tried through the window, but they didn't take.....I have a zoom, but the digital doesn't do zoom very well.....

Peggy said...

I have a mesh sock feeder for my finches and love to watch them hanging upside down eating. I have bird feeders all over my yard and sometimes its hard keeping them all filled.

Ulla said...

we bow before thee, Duchess...

Sandy said...

Lovely bird shots. I just love the little birds!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

clever idea! Great image captured!

Maggie Ann said...

What a pretty little bird...aren't they a joy to watch!

ms*robyn said...

love little birds ! isn't that yaya name generator a fun thing!

Carol said...

That's not my idea Val, that's a normal bird feeder here!

Yeah the yaya names are fun!

Judy my camera has a big zoom (10 x optical!) that's why I can take bird pictures trough the window.

Thank you all for commenting :D

I've captured "him" the male Siskin yesterday and the lovely European Red Robin was modelling again for me, I'll post the pictures later.

Garden girl said...

Carol - how did you manage to get up so close without scarying the bird away - what lovely photos. I like your collages too!

Carol said...

I've been really quiet and I moved very slow. I wasn't that near btw, as I said before, my digicam just has a quite big optical zoom.

micki said...

Great photos! Nice work, indeed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails