Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, March 24, 2006

Papier-mâché Easter eggs

Totally inspired by the imaginative papier-mâché Easter eggs that Ulla has altered and posted on her Blog http://ullam.typepad.com/ullabenulla/ a few weeks ago, I've tried my hand on some papier-mâché eggs that I luckily found in our local craft store. Now this is what came out of my attempt:




11 comments:

Posy said...

Hello Carol,
It's nice to meet you! Thanks for your comment on my blog..yours is lovely and those eggs are fantastic - I wouldn't know where to start!
I'll be visiting here in the future..:)

Dawn said...

I like your egg..I was thinking of trying one after visiting Ulla...you inspire me to try one. I will need to get a paper mache egg before April 1 because I am making things from what I have in house. :o) ..must stay with the challenge...

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hi Carol...
Thanks for stopping by and your kind words. Nerves are still trapped, but the extra pain killers are giving a bit of respite and allowing me to catch up with a bit of blogging. Your p/mache eggs are super. Well done! Marion

Joanna said...

Oh and they have rabbits in too!

MariaJ said...

So beautiful, so different...how I want to go and search ALL my Easter decorations!

Mindy said...

Beautiful eggs Carol!! Very creative!

ULLA said...

I LOVE THEM CAROL... they are wonderful... so when will you be teaching a class in Germany??? I am so glad you found the eggs locally, it would have been silly, if I had to send them to you from here..(hehe)

ULLA said...

P.S. I particularly like the 'broken' edges and how you did the outside decorations. The bird-nest foilage is a nice touch too... you are so clever...

Garden girl said...

carol - all ready for easter with your lovely eggs! looking at wonderful things like this makes me want to go make some too! well done!

Carol said...

Oh ladies I'm so glad that you all like my eggs! I wasn't sure if other people would really like them. It's so great to have a blog and to get feedback from all over the world!

Ulla I feel especially honored that you like them so much because you(r's) were my inspiration. Thank you for your encouraging words they are very much apreciated! :D

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

lovely easter eggs! even if they aren't chocolate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails