Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Spring is finally here!

After a really long winter the temperatures has finally raised up to over 10 degrees celsius + and suddenly spring is in the air! Snowdrops and Crocuses are blooming everywhere and birds are singing and flying around like crazy. I even saw the first butterfly of the year today. On Friday afternoon Mum and I have bought and planted lots of different colors of violas and pink daisies in pots and today in the afternoon I could even sit on the terrace with my neighbour Ulla drinking coffee and enjoying the warm sun rays (20 degrees celsius + in the sun yeah!) so I'm a really happy bunny now :D











10 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

spring has sprung! True blue spring!

Sandy said...

Beautiful! Lucky you. I went outside for about 10 minutes and almost got blown away. Windy and cold here:(

susan said...

oooh the snow is gone and you are in bloom there! it is still too cold here for even a real photo of anything remotely green or blooming!
so i had to paint a posie instead!
thanks for sharing your lovely garden warmth...

Shell said...

It looks truly divine! There first little peeps of spring must be so refreshing after your kind of winter, truly! Spring here is lovely but it doesn't snow so the contrast isn't as great as it is where you are. We are in autumn now and I'm loving the cool change.

Your garden looks magical as always.

Garden girl said...

carol - I just adored tht robin pic, any chance of photographing him some more. We dont have that bird here! :(

Sigrun said...

Also jetzt muss ich mich doch mal Deutsch äußern, mir fehlen sonst die Worte: Die Vogelhäuser sind immer so schön, Carol! Ich hab eine Freundin, die hat auch ganz viele und ich glaub, ich fang jetzt auch damit an. Man muss nur warten, bis einem die richtigen über den Weg laufen!

Al

Maggie Ann said...

Oh my favorite shot is of the pansies...what a beauty! Yes, it looks like spring in your garden..how refreshing!

Mary Jane said...

Your garden has a magical feel to it. Enjoy...

Carol said...

It's windy and rainy here too now Sandy, but at least it's not freezing and snowing anymore.

Yes Shell spring has something truly magical and refreshing here :D

Well Krissie, I see what I can do, I can only catch this little fellow on weekends when I'm home at home and he's not coming just when I call him, we'll see!

Genau Al, man muss halt einfach immer die Augen offenhalten, besonders auf Gartenfestivals gibt es oft hübsche Vogelhäuser.

Ah now I see mj means Mary Jane!

mariancalago said...

What a Nice garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails