Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Saturday, August 05, 2006

More of mum's garden

As requested by Maria I'd like to show you some more pictures taken in my mum's garden :

I love my mum's Phlox, it's perfectly clean white and fresh:


You can click on the following pic to see it in a bigger version:


Of course she also has a wonderful pink Phlox:

As beautiful and perfect as the Phlox grows in her garden, the many different hydrangeas do too, I love this light pink one:

Here is another picture of it that blogger won't show at the mo *rollseyes*:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6301/mumshortensie2mp4.jpg

This is a blue hydrangea together with the white sort "Annabelle" in her frontgarden:

and here are some flowers from her patio/terrace:


18 comments:

Anita said...

Carol,
wunderful photos, I already admired some of them at the forum some minutes ago. The white phlox looks great, what's the other white flower on the 3rd photo?
Give my regards to your mom, she could be very proud of having such a romantic garden.
By the way, we just have had some rain, compared to the head we had just some days ago, the weather changed completely. But I find it very refreshing, my garden as well... ;-))
Anita

Lis said...

Die Fotos aus dem Garten deiner Mum sind ja wieder traumhaft schön. Schade dass Bremen so weit weg ist, ich würde eure Gärten gerne mal in Natura sehen.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You and your mom are very talented gardeners. All my favourite flowers. I especially love the blue hydrangea, just stunning. The soil here won't produce such colours. I may try next year to amend the soil so that I can have some of these beauties. Just a question, in the last picture your mom had a terra cotta pot inverted and hanging. Is it a feeder or a light fixture? TWT

Dawn said...

Sooo lovely..as I always say...
The Annabelle shot is so pretty. My mum's name is Annabelle..

snappy said...

lovely lovely photos.Now did your mum inspire you with her gardens pink plants like phlox and hydrangea.Its so cool you both share a passion.

LostRoses said...

Like mother, like daughter. Just lovely!

Mrs. Staggs said...

I have that same white phlox and it is blooming for me right now as well. I really like it and wish it would spread like some of my others. Your mom's garden is every bit as lovely as yours Carol. Green thumbs must run in the family!

Sigrun said...

Carol, I like Hydrangea so much, and the blue one and the Anabelle are so pretty. But in my garden I have not enough shade, I have an Anabelle and some Hydrangea Paniculata for sun.

Sigrun

PEA said...

Simply breathtaking!! You both certainly have a way with flowers:-)

Marina Vazzana said...

wow wow wow

Karen said...

Both your and your mother's gardens are lovely. So many beautiful views to delight the eye!

Maggie Ann said...

Wow! how pretty.

MariaJ said...

Nice you heard me Carol! Your moms thumb is so GRRRRREEEEN. YES! What is this white flower with white phlox? Has it overbloomed or is it always like this? I like the combination a lot.

Sandy said...

I just love your mom's and your garden. You both have the greatest garden knick knacks!

Kali said...

breathtakingly beautiful...lovely garden. Thanks for sharing these photos from your Mum's garden (:

Carol said...

The other white flower beside of the Phlox is a "Tanacetum parthenium" (in German it's called Mutterkraut).

The terracotta pot in the last photo is indeed a garden lamp!

Thank you for all you enjoyable comments! xox

miss*R said...

what a delightful garden this is! thankyou so much - I love phlox!

Sarah Jo said...

Lovely photos. I think you and your mom have very good knowledge about gardening...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails