Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Swap news!

I'm so happy because I've finally got my bird swap package from Cerri, USA yesterday :D !

She has got me the prettiest vintage things! Oh Cerri what a treat you've totally spoiled me and it's all so lovely and was definitely worth the long wait! It must have taken you ages to get that all together for me. You just have the coolest stuff in th US, started already by the beautiful pink paper and paper tinsel the parcel was filled with.

Thanks a million dear Cerri! xox

P.S. The swap was kindly organised by Delila of http//sepia-art-studio.typepad.com blog btw!

Here are some detail pictures:


A lovely bird card:


A vintage japanese tea cup filled with yummy tea bags (and those cute little card board doves):

3 beautiful, big, vintage bird cards, that I'm planning to use for collage art tied together with a lovely vintage lace ribbon:

These gorgeous, vintage bluebird buttons:

An enchanting little porcelain bird:

A cute little bird stamp and a couple of hand made tags pulled together with lovely pink ribbon and flower:

Teeny, tiny little eggs in a little fabric bag with a nice vintage label:

A hand sewn fabric bird:

Vintage wood birds with a little bottle of glass glitter to glue on them (they also came in such a wee fabric bag with vintage label)

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/8687/woodbirdsglitteric7.jpg

Blogger won't let me show the last photo, so that's why I've posted the URL

16 comments:

Dawn said...

What a treat! Thanks for showing us all the wonderful bird gifts! It was sort of like receiving the package for ourselves.
:o)

Daisy Lupin said...

Blogger, kept all my sidebars at the top of the page and dropped my blog to the very bottom the other month and it lasted for the whole month then righted itself. Do you know I have never counted how many pots of plants I have, I also have an alleyway full of pots, I must count them all sometime.

Cerri said...

I'm so very happy that you liked it all, and also so very sorry it took me so long to get it to you!

PEA said...

What a wonderful parcel to open!! Everything is beautiful and no doubt you will treasure it all:-)

PamKittyMorning said...

Your garden is amazing. So lush and green. Soo cool looking. Very lovely photos.

Lisa said...

How wonderful!

Mrs. Staggs said...

What beautiful things you've received. I can tell a lot of thoughtful care went into selecting this lovely gift!

Rosa said...

Beautiful swap. Wow. Love all the birdies!! I love vintage things.

Frivolitea said...

Wow. What wonderful treats. And the bird theme is such a good idea. Especially for a gardener like yourself. Lovely.

MariaJ said...

Lucky girl you are! Love every piece of it!Look on my blog I have an answer to you...LOL.

Naturegirl said...

I am totally amazed at the circle of friendships made by this "blogging" community! ..Tend friendships like a garden I say..you do that well Ms. Carol..You are deserving of this gift!
My fav. those little eggs.

Another Carol said...

Oh my, I've just found your blog and I'm absolutely enchanted with everything! Your garden is stunningly beautiful as are all of your projects. I keep coming back to look at all of your lovely photographs taken throughout the year. Thank you, thank you :)

Hulda said...

Really wonderful things you got there!

Kali said...

Lovely! What delightful things...enjoy dear Carola.

Carol said...

Cerri, no reason to be sorry, as I said it was totally worth the wait! Thanks again xox

Welcome to my blog PamKittyMorning, Lisa and another Carol! It was a joy to read you here!

Thank you all dear blogging friends for sharing my joy about the parcel! xox

One Crabapple said...

oh just saw the bird swap stuff too. WOW ! how fun and what a great idea for a swap ! you got some really good stuff here !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails