Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Studio Friday

The question of studio friday http://www.tinesparkles.squarespace.com/studio-friday-drop-off-zone-/this week is who everyone takes their inspiration from - an artist of traditional media, multimedia, craft world, living or dead.

Well for me there are two artists on the net that are inspiring me with no end!

One it the fabulous "Pamela Garrison" http://pamgarrison.typepad.com/ to whom I have already dedicated my last post!

And the other one is the miraculous "Ulla" http://ullam.typepad.com/ullabenulla/
who has inspired me to try different things like for example the papier marché theatre easter eggs I've posted in march.

So I wanna thank them both very much for sharing their wonderful art and ideas with us and for encouraging us to go and try to make our own kind of art!

13 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

I really like your collage. I think as summer draws to an end the crafting season begins again in earnest, don't you? I know I am now spending more spare time, especially in the evenings doing collages etc. I love Pam Garrison's work too, I looked her up after you had mentioned her in a comment, but I don't know Ulla, so I am going to go and look at her site now.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

You have two beautiful examples to follow. Knowing Ulla personally, I can attest that she is a remarkable woman! And on e to wholly admire!

Ulla said...

Carol, you make ME speechless! Thank you so much, I am honored to be your inspiration as you are for me... And to share the post with Pam, really is very flattering!!!

Mrs. Staggs said...

You've chosen two of my favorites as well!

Lisa said...

I love Pam's blog too. I am going to have to check out Ulla and the eggs.

DEW said...

Great post! And I absolutely love Tuesday's collage - just beautiful!

Hanna said...

great post, and great inspiration, I agree with you. I love that so many great people blog now!

Carrie said...

Pam is a great inspiration for me as well! So much beauty in her posts. I'll have to check out Ulla now too!

naomi said...

Wonderful and inspiring sites. Thanks for sharing!

Anke said...

How inspiring! Thanks for the links!

Salix Tree said...

Hi Carol, thanks for coming by my blog. I left a message there regarding my wild rose and the hips..
I'm so reluctant to cut the hips off.. will it kill the bush if I leave them on? I think they are so pretty..
But I am not a rose expert, having grown roses for only 2 years, so I will take whatever advice you give.
There will always be next year for more hips!

miss*R said...

Hi Carol ! finally I can access your blog. for some reason lately it wouldn't load.
isn't it wonderful that we have met so many talented artists who love to share their knowledge? I feel blessed. xo

Salix Tree said...

Hi, me again! I had some time today, so I had a look at all your older posts. What an amazing blog you have, it's one of my favorite garden blogs. Your roses are the most beautiful! My German is not too good, but I think I understood that you have only lived at this house for about 2 years now? What a lovely garden you have made in such a short time!
Loved the little robin photos, what a cutey. I just want to thank you for sharing your pictures and stories. Funny to be posting this in your "inspiration" post, as I am very inspired by you and your green thumb!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails