Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Thursday, April 06, 2006

German Folkart "Erzgebirgische Volkskunst"

These little fellows called "Blumenkinder" (flower children) are original German folkart (part of a wide collection) carved out of wood from the "Erzgebirge" (Erz-Mountains) you may have heard about this kind of folkart before, it comes from the ex "German Democratic Republic" which isn't exisiting anymore, because we are one nation again, but the folkart from the "Erzgebirge" is still very popular. I like to decorate the flower children in spring time.








10 comments:

Sigrun said...

Beautiful, Carol! Du kommst auf Ideen!

Al

Dawn said...

You have such interesting things to share..
BTW..I have been searching for a paper mache egg to alter..no success yet..but this weekend we will be in a bigger metro area and I hope to find at least one. You and Ulla have me itching to try it!

Cookie said...

Such wonderful traditions you have in your country Carol. Its lovely to keep them going.

Sandy said...

Okay...you have way to much cool stuff. I think you might be a shopaholic. Where do you store everything. Let me guess...cute little boxes. P.S. Love all you curlyquies!

MariaJ said...

These are funny! I'm sure the children would like to play with them..or you...

Mrs. Staggs said...

I finally figured out how to comment on blogger so now I can comment at a few more lovely places...one of which is yours. I love all of your beautiful things especially your collages. White tulips and pussy willows...how lovely!

Joanna said...

I love the little people. I used to have some rabbits on a seesaw like the ones hiding in the back ground. (sorry to go on about rabbits) I think my aunt must of brought them back from germany once.

Shell said...

I hadn't heard of them before, but they are very sweet. They are definitely a great spring decoration too. Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

I'm so glad that you all like my little friends too!

Ja Al, Ideen muss man haben! ;-)

Dawn fingers crossed that you'll find some eggs!

Cookie, don't you have a blog?

Mrs. Staggs! Welcome to my blog! I'm happy that you've figured out how to comment on blogger too and that you also like my blog! I've just added your blog to my fave read links!

Sandy, no, I'm not a shopaholic, I've bought nothing (well not exactly true cause I've bought groceries) in the last 10 days, so I can't be one!

Joanna you've made me laugh!

Maria, they are to delicate for children to play with!

You're very welcome Shell!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

darling santons of happiness!! so cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails