Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Garden Curlicues

I'm a real curly twirly type of person which I've just realised again when I read Pam Garrisons post about scroll patterns on her wonderful and inspiring mixed media art blog http://pamgarrison.typepad.com/ last week. I've had a peek around my house and garden and found scrolls/curlicues/flourishes almost everwhere I looked, so I grabbed my digicam and took some photos ( well some is an understatement lol I took about 100, but don't worry, I won't post them all, at least not today ;-) So here they are fresh from my garden:






And btw, when you look at my last garden photo post, you will find that there are scrolls in almost every picture too without me even realizing it because I was concentrating on the flowers!

P.S. I've just looked back my posts and actually find scrolls in almost all my photos that I've posted on here, whatsoever, could this be a disease?

13 comments:

Sigrun said...

I like your rusty things, Carol!

Sigrun

Cookie said...

Love all your curlies Carol. Hugss

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

You receive the prize of Being a Real Swirly Girl!!

ULLA said...

Wonderful Carol, Swirls seem so feminine to me, perhaps its a girl thing...?

MariaJ said...

I love these too! Hmm... it'd be interesting to do the same...to photo my curly stuff inside and outside.

Rachel said...

...thanks for the walk through your garden of flowers on your past posts and now your swirly things...both are so pretty!

Pam said...

hi Carol! Great swirls, isn't it fun to go on a hunt for a shape? Thanks for saying hi.

Sofia Barao said...

love it :) and plus you know Eros's songs :):):):) Here I am back again from my yesterday dream and I get to talk to him again, go backstage it was WONDERFUL again :)
But I'm still in a cloud I'm slowly putting my feets on the ground :) :)
Thanks Carol :)

Mary Jane said...

Beautiful garden curlies...love all your photos.

Joanna said...

Thanks for having the time to have a look at my website. Did you see the painting I thought was just like your garden. It even had swirls on the chair. It was under christmas cards in the shop becuase I need to make a new page for my seasonal paintings in the gallery.

I love the swirls in your garden they work really well, your garden is wonderful. Like those little patterns on the eggs you decorated too.

Maggie Ann said...

Carol, what a fun post!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Carol - I think it is the curly swirly disease and it's very contagious. Marion

Carolyn said...

Carol your blog is wonderful. I love all the swirls and curls that you appreciate so much. I too enjoy the same sort of thing. Wonderful pictures. So glad to have found your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails