Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, September 18, 2006

Chocolate swap and paper theatre

Tara! Oh my, bloggers what a treat! My chocolate swap parcel from my dear blogging friend "Nature Girl" from Canada has arrived yesterday evening! My neighbour has brought it over to me, when I came home from work and it was like Christmas in September! It was so exciting to unpack all these treasures in aqua and chocolate brown! My daughter came downstairs to ask me why I would make noises like "Ohhhh" and "Awwwwwww" and "OMG I love it" and "she is such a sweetheart" all the time, well then she had a look and she knew why, just have a look yourself now:

Doesn't it look just wonderful? Look at all these gorgeous things like yummy and pretty looking Belgian flower chocolate, brown flower stationery with golden envelopes, tasty chocolate and cinamon tea, beautiful notebooks, tiny flower buttons, embellishments for scrapbooking or collages, enchanting butterfly servicings, a ribbon for the gardener saying "How does the garden grow"?, a chocolate savor lip gloss and more:






NG I totally love every bit of the parcel and especially the gorgeous photo box it came in and the beautiful and thick brown paper it was packed in and the tiny butterfly banner that is very hard to capture in a photo but so delightful! You've spoiled me so much I'm deeply touched! Thanks a million my dear! I'm going to send you a personal email later today, am in a hurry now. Hugs xox

The chocolate swap was kindly organised by the lovley Robyn of "Driving Miss Robyn" http://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/ . Thanks a bunch for organising this delightful swap dearest Robyn! What a pleasure! xox

I hope blogger works fine this time and you'll be able to click on the photos to enlarge them. Sometimes it doesn't work and I don't have a clue why.

and here is my first paper theatre finally finished. It was really fun making it, thanks for the great inspiration Ulla! I'm sure I'll make some more! I've put in 2 photos because the first is taken with flash and the second without. Can you see it's snowing?


17 comments:

Shell said...

Awww, that chocolate swap box looks awesome! What a treat huh? Love, love, love your paper theatre - that is just the sweetest thing.

ms*robyn said...

you received a wonderful parcel of chocolate! glad you enjoyed it!
I am still having trouble accessing your blog - it took 5 mins to open this window to comment. I haven't a clue why - I have broadband so it isn't the internet speed.
I will just keep trying. :)
love your little rusty angel too!

Lis said...

Bei dem Paket das du bekommen hast, könnte man ja schon fast denken dass es Weihnachten wäre.
Ich hab mich heute auch schon beschenkt, mit drei neuen Pflänzchen nämlich :-)

Sigrun said...

That is the nicest parcel I have ever see, exactly my colour and packed with a lot of love!

Sigrun

Naturegirl said...

Carol...Ich liebe diesen post!
I am pleased that you like the package because I had loads of fun shopping for it! I must admit I bought chocolate flowers for myself and ate them..immediately after I did my chocolate post! You are deserving of this gift and others life has to offer you Carol!
Es umarmt Dich! NG
(Carol has been giving me private German lessons!)

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Carol, what an exquisite chocolate surprise. Indulge and enjoy!
Your winter theatre is a delight to see. I’m pleased that I was able to click and enlarge to see more detail. You are a cleaver girl. Love - Marion

miss*R said...

hey Carol, your blog opens up ok it is the comment box. so what I will do is go away and have a cup of tea while it opens :) - blogger has many moments lately !

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

oh I am coming over for a taste!! How deliciously pretty it all is!!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
Who's a lucky girl then!!
Your theatre is stunning, you have worked hard!

I have made your bag for our swap...I just want to find you some more goodies to add, before I send it to you!!

Now, don't eat all those chocolates at once!
Niki.x

pinar said...

what a yummy and artistic parcel you have receivd..
and I love this theatre too..
enjoy Carol..

Ulla said...

Lovely Carol, your theatre is charming! The dingle ball snow is so fun, and the children look like they are really enjoying themselves... Its fabulous!!! and what a treasure trove of goodies for your swap... Yummy!

Lady Laurie said...

Oh what a lovely parcel! Goodies for the body and soul ~ you can't get better than that!

constance said...

Dear Carol,
Nature Girl's chocolate gift must have been so much fun to receive! I especially like the motif on the box.
Your Theater is inspiring! Ulla's theater's have been making my brain tic too.

Paula said...

I love your paper theatre. What a great idea!
I can almost smell your chocolate package from here. It is so fun to get wonderful packages like that in the mail.

Becky said...

Oh wonderful, such a nice gift! Yummy too.

MariaJ said...

Your parcel is soooo delicious and NG is such a sweet person. Your theatre looks wonderful! I've amired some of Ullas and I admire this one too.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

The theatre!! Oh my beautiful!! How enchanting you are!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails