Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, September 18, 2006

In love with an angel

I hope you've all had a nice weekend! I certainly had and I fell in love with this rusty angel :

Isn't he cute? We went to a nice country store where I saw him. Unfortunately he was much too expensive for me *sobs* . I'll show you more pictures from that country store and garden in my next post, because right now Blogger has decided that uploading 5 photos should be enough for today grrrrrrrrrrrr

Here are also some more photos of mum's collections for you.
This as you can see is her antique coffee mill collection:

and here are some more of her dolls, one of them fell asleep during the photo shooting lol:

She also has a collection of doll straw hats:

and I've zoomed in the next picture for those of you who wanted to see a close up of the hare. The wheelbarrow is made out of wood and the hare out of papier-mâché. I was so lucky to discover it a few years ago in a stationery store and because my mum's b-day is always around Easter I bought it for her as a birthday present:

13 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Carol I LOVE that rusted angel!!
Your mothers home is a wonderland for the child in us all!It amazes me the collections she has and the care in placement like touring a museum!!Are you sure your mom is non other than "MOTHER GOOSE!"

Karen said...

I can understand why you would fall in love with that angel. It's beautiful and would look great in your garden or even inside.

I had the opposite luck yesterday. I found a little iron bird figurine in a gift shop and I could not believe how inexpensive it was. In a fancy garden store it would probably have cost me three times as much!

Maybe your angel will have its price reduced someday.

Ulla said...

Carol, thank you so much for zooming in on the hare! He is really wonderful!! What a lucky find. As for the little angel, she is really sweet, perhaps someday she will find a way to fly into your garden...

Sigrun said...

Wonderful, Carol. I see, your mother like the wallcolours I like, the blue is in my kitchen.

Your rusty Angel is realy cute, I want also have it!

Sigrun

Joanna said...

The little rusty angel is adorable, but I love that hare. What a find he is wonderful

Anita said...

Your photo shooting the dools realy must have been very exhausting for one of them as he/she felt asleep. That photo is so cute!
Oh I love that kind of garden and county stores where found that rusty angel. Unfortunately, it's forbitten to take photos at the ones I often got to.

Lis said...

Oh Carola, der Engel würde mir auch gefallen. Ich liebe rostige Dinge und alles was alt ist oder wenigstens alt aussieht

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Lovely photos! (again!!) I love all of your Mothers collections, especially the little row of hearts strung underneath the coffee grinders. She must really enjoy her home!
Niki.x
(I've now added you to my blog links!)

Daisy Lupin said...

So pleased to find out about the hare, I just adore it. The picture above of the hats of the little girl having a piano lesson is the same picture that my mother has on her living room wall.
I love the rusty angel he is a beauty.

Shell said...

Your mum has the best collections - I love the old coffee grinders! And that hare is so whimsical. Pity about the angel, but I'm glad you got a picture at least.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Beautiful angel!
Loved the comment about the doll falling asleep during its photo shoot! Cute! :)

Carolyn said...

Carol, I love the angel and somehow you must find a way to own her for your garden, She is so YOU! and so me hahaha.
Your moms collections are lovely too and of course I was partial to the hat collection.

MariaJ said...

I love your rusty angel and your mums hare. I could take them both.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails