Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Christmas stocking collage

Now here is the x-mas stocking collage that I've created last Saturday. Some of you have encouraged me to post it already, although it is still late summer lol
Of course I was inspired to do it by Pam's Silver Bella post! http://pamgarrison.typepad.com/pamgarrison/ I've told you already here http://carolsgarden.blogspot.com/2006/08/studio-friday.html how much I'm inspired by her beautiful art work. Well, I can't sew so I've did a collage on card board, unfortunately it is a stocking you can't fill, it's just a decoration. Seeing that I've had already gathered so many glittery papers and ribbons etc. over the last few weeks, I just couldn't wait any longer to create something with it and this is the result:





I hope it doesn't look too much like a cast lol!

I've also started to make my first paper theatre inspired by Ullas fabulous paper theatres, but that is still in progress.

16 comments:

monique said...

You have made beautiful Christmas stockings collage!They're lovely.

Cookie said...

I love your Christmas stockings and its never too early for preparing for Christmas..Thank you for your inspiration.

Tracy said...

Carol, that's just beautiful! I love the old music that you used. What a lovely touch. Can't wait to see your theatre when it's finished, too!

Pam said...

It's so beautiful, festive, and fun! Thanks for sharing it. Can't wait to see the paper theatre too, Ulla's are amazing as well.

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

I love the use of turquoise blue at Christmas- this would look lovely in my home!!!

Ulla said...

This is wonderful Carol! And I like that you chose non-traditional christmas colors... Can't wait to see the theatre!!!

Janet said...

It does not look like a cast! It is very beautiful, and such a great idea to do if you don't sew (which I seldom do)

MariaJ said...

I just wonder where you get that Christmas spirit...I need cold, dark and snow..haa.
I also like the different colour of you collage.

constance said...

Carol,
I really like your stockings. I found you through Ulla. One of my friends is cooking up a Christmas card making party this year. This is great inspriation!! I'm going to send her your way.

Clare said...

Hi Carol, thanks for your comments on my blog - this is lovely and I had a look at the roses - gorgeous - my passion too! But the most amazing thing is I saw the post from a few days ago of the black and white cat in your garden - but that is MY cat!!! I have one identical, they must be twins! Photos will soon be posted! Clare xx

Shell said...

This is so beautiful! I can't believe you are thinking about christmas already! Although, it is September...October...November...arghhh! The older I get, the faster the years fly by, I swear it!

Maggie Ann said...

No they don't look like casts...grin. They are really beautiful and very 'Christmasy'. Good for you getting started while you can be relaxed and not rushed.

Daisy Lupin said...

They will look lovely hanging from walls. Please post some more of your mother's doll collection they were fascinating photographs.

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Hi Carol,
I have sent you a couple of emails recently, via your profile- as you were asking about my magazine article- did you receive them OK?
Niki.

Naturegirl said...

OOOO! I can see a PINK tree filled with pink and white hydrangeas and white feathers next to the PINK stocking!!Lets not forget the mini lights! Very nicely done!

Carol said...

lol NG is the turqoise/aqua color looking like PINK for you?

Thanks gals, I'm so glad you like my stocking :D!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails